[Production]Debian Novelty Key

scottc

21 May 2014, 14:21

DanielT wrote:Something ninja style you mean ? :P
Tried Arch, not my cup of tea.. I have Debian Stable for the multimedia thin client, Slackware for my hacking 8 years old laptop and Solaris 11 for my servers (NAS, virtual stuff etc )
You're the first person I've ever met that uses Solaris willingly, i.e. not forced to by old hardware or an annoying workplace. Bravo! :D

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 May 2014, 14:25

you know gray on black is not really possible right? :)

Muirium
µ

21 May 2014, 14:26

Yup. Dyesub can only add darker legends than the background. Doubleshot required!

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

21 May 2014, 14:36

Oh crap, I knew I was doing something wrong :| I'll have to rethink that part, maybe a darker grey on light grey, something like the Granite mods.
For doubleshot the logo should be simplified, and would become just a spiral without really good design skills.

@scottc: I love Solaris, started working almost 12 years ago with Solaris 2.6. Now Solaris 11 is even better, if you don't mind compiling stuff on your own and tweaking you can do almost anything, even multimedia works great. I also own 2 older SPARC Ultra10 and Ultra5 workstations, the Ultra10 is under constant use for testing stuff on SPARC architecture. I could talk for hours ... :geek:

alinh

21 May 2014, 16:37

I can attest to the fact that DanielT can talk for hours about Solaris :shock:

DanielT

21 May 2014, 16:40

And Alin about Vim :D

Iacoizumi

27 May 2014, 18:13

Muirium wrote:Yup. Dyesub can only add darker legends than the background. Doubleshot required!
I'd be down for a doubleshot!

The original VIM groupbuy was for a doubleshot key anyway, and that seemed to work pretty well.

alinh

27 May 2014, 19:50

Iacoizumi wrote:
Muirium wrote:Yup. Dyesub can only add darker legends than the background. Doubleshot required!
I'd be down for a doubleshot!

The original VIM groupbuy was for a doubleshot key anyway, and that seemed to work pretty well.
Doubleshot for the Debian logo is not possible since it's too complex of a pattern. We could make it more simple, but we'd be left with just a spiral and lose the coolness of the original.

If we want to get a "as close to the original" logo we have to go dye sub...

wheybags

28 May 2014, 02:38

Black on grey, or red on white would be cool...

pheo

29 May 2014, 14:32

I would be in too. And black on grey and red on white it is cool. Also +1 for #! keycap! :D

Iacoizumi

27 Jun 2014, 11:38

pheo wrote:I would be in too. And black on grey and red on white it is cool. Also +1 for #! keycap! :D
:P Even more crunchbang fans come crawling out of the woodwork! (Also, bump.)

DanielT

27 Jun 2014, 11:40

Changed the OP.

DanielT

01 Jul 2014, 08:36

GB is alive and kicking :D
Buy more! It's PBT DSA stuff and geeky as hell :P

Updated to OP with all the links, we wanted 30 days for this, but I don't know why it's set at 21-22, anyway it doesn't matter. Go ahead and buy :D

Warning PR $#/~ :evilgeek:
Spoiler:
  1. You bough a BEAUTIFUL Granite PBT DSA key set and want to add more fluff to it ? Buy some Debian PBT Caps with a swirl on top to go with!!!!
  2. You bought a DOLCH DSA and are craving for a green geeky touch ? Buy the Vim DS 1u and 1.75u Caps Lock Replacement caps!!!
  3. You ordered and ordered more and more in Round 5 ? You can order one more key, the 1.75u Row 3 Vim Caps Lock Replacement, it will be in your hands before Round 5 :P

It's only fair to say that for the above mentioned Key Sets credits go to:
Granite: matt3o and mechanical keyboards community
Round 5: 7bit and mechanical keyboards community
Dolch DSA: mechanical keyboards community

napalmbrain

01 Jul 2014, 14:08

Awesome. I'm glad to see this GB after missing the previous Vim one. I just bought a handful of 1x DSA Vim ones and 2 Caps Lock DSA ones.

Thanks guys.

DanielT

01 Jul 2014, 14:10

This is great news :d With the DSA Vim key we are close to tipping point ;) Spread the word kind gentleman :ugeek:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Jul 2014, 14:11

the pictures are DCS, the GB is for DSA... just saying... :P

DanielT

01 Jul 2014, 14:15

I know :D SP's marketing team made those pictures. And the white ones are black on white DS :P
We take was is given, and make the best out of it ;)

alinh

01 Jul 2014, 14:32

DanielT wrote: This is great news :d With the DSA Vim key we are close to tipping point ;) Spread the word kind gentleman :ugeek:
As you might know, PMK's system for adding GB info is not the best out there... I couldn't even preview how the GB looks like after submitting it (well after 2 tries, but who's counting?). SA Vim turned out great based on the description we gave to SP, so they should do cool caps this time also.

DanielT

02 Jul 2014, 08:44

A quick update on the current status.

20 Days to go and:
:cry: Debian Red on White | 8 pcs
:cry: Debian Black on Grey | 8 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 21 pcs
:shock: Vim 1.75u DSA | 14 pcs
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 6 pcs

Vim 1u DSA is close to the tipping point.
Buy more :ugeek: The Vim cap might turn into a collectible item :P and show more love for Debian

alinh

02 Jul 2014, 08:57

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Jul 2014, 08:58

... and that picture clearly proves it

DanielT

02 Jul 2014, 09:23

Now this is a reason :evilgeek:
Vader_memei.jpg
Vader_memei.jpg (90.13 KiB) Viewed 4488 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Jul 2014, 09:26

now we can start talking!

DanielT

02 Jul 2014, 09:28

Alin is the mastermind but PR/Marketing is my job :ugeek:

napalmbrain

03 Jul 2014, 01:35

The DSA keycap has been sitting at 21 buys for far too long! I want this sucker as cheap as the last one! (I know, we still have ~20 days left, I'm just being impatient) =]

DanielT

03 Jul 2014, 08:53

Update:

19 Days to go and:
:cry: Debian Red on White | 8 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 28 pcs Tipped!
:shock: Vim 1.75u DSA | 20 pcs 5 more to tip !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 7 pcs

Vim is doing OK, but let's try and reach for cheap :mrgreen:

And
Spoiler:
show more love for ....
Yoda_Deb.jpg
Yoda_Deb.jpg (135.4 KiB) Viewed 4389 times

DanielT

04 Jul 2014, 07:55

Update:

18 Days to go and:
:cry: Debian Red on White | 10 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 39 pcs Tipped!
:shock: Vim 1.75u DSA | 23 pcs 2 more to tip !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 7 pcs

I guess people are just crazy about Vim keycap :d Debian is moving slowly, too bad, if by the end of the GB doesn't tip Alin and I will make it. In that case the Vim cap will be a rarity :evilgeek:

napalmbrain

07 Jul 2014, 03:09

Awesome, the 1x DSA is now down to $3.50. Hopefully it'll start selling more now that it's cheaper.

DanielT

07 Jul 2014, 08:44

Starting to look better :D
;) Debian Red on White | 18 pcs
;) Debian Black on Grey | 14 pcs
:evilgeek: Vim 1u DSA | 52 pcs Tipped and now only 3.50$!
:shock: Vim 1.75u DSA | 27 pcsTipped !
:( Vim 1.75u SA | 9 pcs

Vim is the star again :D
Debian Red on White is moving slowly but it will make it for sure :D

BUY MORE!!!!!!! :evilgeek:

Important note: Oven on GH an user pointed out that for each kit he got charged also for shipping. That is true, but in the end shipping will be refunded, and you will pay only once for shipping, and all keycaps will be delivered at once. To be on the safe side contact SP and make sure that all the orders are merged. This has to do with some of the small limitations of PMK. If all the deals were included in a single big one only the main deal includes shipping, while the child deals don't. And when you want only only a child you are not able to checkout because there is no shipping included. I have dealt with this issue in the Galaxy Class GB, it was a nightmare.

alinh

07 Jul 2014, 20:21

Melissa said :

"At this point we cannot apply a shipping charge to a 'cart' of items, but only to a group buy. The only way around this would be to add a note having people contact me with their invoice number if they buy into more than one group buy and we will refund the shipping after each group buy has closed..."

Return to “Group buys”