Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

Phill1

04 Sep 2015, 18:29

Buy two ;)

tofagerl

04 Sep 2015, 18:32

I've been confusing myself for a week now. Where can I find one of those cherry sheets where you line up the caps? As pdf! I want to print a smaller version and check off keys...

romevi

04 Sep 2015, 18:39

tofagerl wrote: I've been confusing myself for a week now. Where can I find one of those cherry sheets where you line up the caps? As pdf! I want to print a smaller version and check off keys...
They're made by GH. XMIT sells the laminated version, but you can find the PDF for free.

tofagerl

04 Sep 2015, 18:41

romevi wrote:
tofagerl wrote: I've been confusing myself for a week now. Where can I find one of those cherry sheets where you line up the caps? As pdf! I want to print a smaller version and check off keys...
They're made by GH. XMIT sells the laminated version, but you can find the PDF for free.
Right, but I have tried finding it, and I haven't.

... So a link would be appreciated...

potatowire

04 Sep 2015, 18:51

tofagerl wrote: ... So a link would be appreciated...
Here's one:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20201386/keyca ... _11x17.pdf

Phill1

04 Sep 2015, 18:52

Gotta boost your Google-fu (now Arial-fu?). Took me a minute in Google Images:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20201386/keyca ... gal_v3.pdf

Edit: oops, Potatowire got in there first

tofagerl

04 Sep 2015, 18:57

Phill1 wrote: Gotta boost your Google-fu (now Arial-fu?). Took me a minute in Google Images:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20201386/keyca ... gal_v3.pdf

Edit: oops, Potatowire got in there first
Yours was better for printing ;)

romevi

04 Sep 2015, 18:58

Was about to post it until the other two beat me to it.
What were you using to search for it? I found it on my first Google search, first result.

tofagerl

04 Sep 2015, 19:13

Google images, but I had no idea what it looked like.

usopia

04 Sep 2015, 19:21

Muirium wrote: ...
Needs a row 2 UP or rotated equivalent.
Can't you just rotate the R4 UP?

chzel

04 Sep 2015, 19:25

It will become R2 DOWN....Unless magic..

romevi

04 Sep 2015, 19:27

tofagerl wrote: Google images, but I had no idea what it looked like.
Oh, I see. Yeah, it's a PDF, so maybe that's why you didn't find it. Not sure where you're located, but don't use letter-size paper. Use legal (or size appropriate outside the US).

usopia

04 Sep 2015, 19:32

chzel wrote: It will become R2 DOWN....Unless magic..
...ha ha, I should sleep again. :roll:

tofagerl

04 Sep 2015, 19:37

romevi wrote:
tofagerl wrote: Google images, but I had no idea what it looked like.
Oh, I see. Yeah, it's a PDF, so maybe that's why you didn't find it. Not sure where you're located, but don't use letter-size paper. Use legal (or size appropriate outside the US).
A4. You know, what everyone else uses ;)

zslane

04 Sep 2015, 19:56

With regard to the row 4 (shift key) 2.25u and 2.75u molds, here is Melissa Petersen's e-mail response to my inquiry about possible ways to partner-up with them on the cost of the molds:

John-
We are building these internally, it is just taking time. I don't have a
time frame for completion, but we are working on them.

Now, I don't know whether to interpret this as "Don't worry, these are on the way. Stay tuned!" or as "We'll do these one of these days but we're in no hurry so I'm going to tell you something that gives you false hope so you'll go away and stop bugging me about this." In any case, it sounds like the issue is a moot one in terms of grass-roots efforts; SP is taking a position of complete self-containment.

Maybe this response is the same one SP has given out for years; I wouldn't know. In any event, this is where SP stands on the issue at this particular moment, for what it's worth.

Muirium
µ

04 Sep 2015, 19:57

That's reassuring… until you think about it!

7bit

04 Sep 2015, 20:56

Until Diatec came up with sphericals, we did not even have 2.25 and 2.75 units keys. Before 7bot Industries came up with Round 5, we did not have a row 1, 2 units key (BACK SPACE) and before 7bot Industries came up with 6.25 and 7 units space bars, VPX's spherical cream on violet set came without porper space bars!
:o

7bit

04 Sep 2015, 21:03

This covers:
all row 2,3,4.
row 2 up, row 4 left, down, right
row 4 up, row 2 left, down, right
row 4 up, row 3 left, down, right
:-)

Muirium
µ

04 Sep 2015, 21:05

Much better!

zslane

04 Sep 2015, 21:18

7bit, you forgot HONEYB/CURSORHANDS/SPH !

7bit

04 Sep 2015, 21:22

:cry:

Muirium
µ

04 Sep 2015, 21:24

What, blue not good enough for you?

zslane

04 Sep 2015, 21:33

I like blue. But the original Space Cadet hand keys were grey, so...

7bit

04 Sep 2015, 21:47

added.
:roll:

potatowire

04 Sep 2015, 22:15

Returning briefly to the topic of shift keys, I made a Google Forms survey. Maybe SP does the molds, or maybe we pay them to (I asked for a quote before I knew zslane already did), but I think a GB may be called for to catch up old sets. And maybe we try to fix the legend.

Anyway, if you are interested in this prospect take a look at this and let me know what you think. If I get some positive feedback, I'll start a thread in here, GH and /r/mk.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YqqXVX ... =send_form

Evilcamels

04 Sep 2015, 22:51

Friendly reminder, please remember to include your order code in a note on your payments to either Google Wallet or Paypal or else I will have to return the payment. Thanks!

zslane

04 Sep 2015, 22:53

If I understand the process correctly, once they have the molds we're golden. Then I think it's up to us to fix the legends ourselves.

Let's face it, fixing the legends is only going to happen via SVG graphics. I don't think we can reasonably expect SP to forge a brand new metal FT block for their Gorton Modified typeface set. Even if it takes a few iterations to get it right, going the SVG route puts control of the effort more or less in our hands, not SP's. Yes, they have to "get it right", but I feel that is merely an iterative process, not a hopeless dream.

Matt3o is busy designing a set for Topre, but I'd be glad to drive the re-legending process if nobody else is able or willing to step up to the plate. I just need a high resolution (600dpi at least) scan (not a photo, preferably) of an existing SHIF T key from which I can trace the glyph shapes and work with Melissa on an acceptable (and hopefully, consistent) end product. Any and all input/insight/advice/etc. from the community would be welcome and greatly appreciated.

zslane

04 Sep 2015, 23:33

7bit wrote: added.
:roll:
Really?

I've refreshed the web page several times but I still don't see it.

Nice re-organization of the links table though!

7bit

05 Sep 2015, 09:59

@zslane: SP never could do anything with my SVG graphics, so I gave up on these. If you know how to make them, please go ahead.
:-)

tofagerl

05 Sep 2015, 14:44

How about we just have 7bit create molds and machinery and create all the caps from scratch?

Return to “Group buys”