Face U/MX-mini U replica, acrylic/alu plate, KEEP ORDERING

plasticchair

09 Sep 2014, 16:45

Mine hasn't arrived as well.
I know others in Germany have received their orders so I'm really getting worried.
Could you check the tracking yourself or send me the tracking number?

macmakkara

09 Sep 2014, 17:46

Also i haven't received this at finland. But shinryuu have received. still waiting hope i get it this week.

mashby

10 Sep 2014, 15:38

My order arrived safe-and-sound two days ago. I'm a bit surprised that it arrived without incident because the packaging was just a bubble envelope. Granted there was extra bubble wrap around the PCB and plate, but nothing rigid to protect the contents.

Face U Replica 60% PCB & Acrylic Plate by cpkey, on Flickr

tinnie

10 Sep 2014, 16:19

Tracked shipping is usually longer.

snoopy

10 Sep 2014, 17:43

my 60% stuff also arrived today.

thanks tinnie

Nuum

10 Sep 2014, 18:00

mashby wrote: My order arrived safe-and-sound two days ago. I'm a bit surprised that it arrived without incident because the packaging was just a bubble envelope. Granted there was extra bubble wrap around the PCB and plate, but nothing rigid to protect the contents.
[...]
Yeah, the packaging wasn't the best to be honest. My plate was bent severely in one corner and I'm still bugged by that. I don't know whether I'd rather get a new plate cut.
Anything you could do about that, Tinnie? If not for my order, then at least for orders that aren't shipped jet?

spopepro

10 Sep 2014, 19:53

TBH, I'm not sure it was shipping. So far *everyone* who has commented has had exactly the same issue: major bend/break over the Esc corner. Mine was bent also, but easily fixed. If it was due to packing/shipping, it must have been something about an automatic sorter or something, because reports are from all over the world of the same thing.

Nuum

10 Sep 2014, 19:57

My plate was bent around the PCB (the PCB was stuck in the switch hole) in the Esc corner. Luckily the PCB wasn't damaged. I can't see how that should have happened during manufacturing.

Madhias
BS TORPE

10 Sep 2014, 21:38

My aluminium plate and the second 60% PCB arrived today, everything perfect.

Donbabbeo

11 Sep 2014, 19:35

Mine arrived too :D

Some little rough cut on the plate and a little scratch but other than that everything is perfect!
I'm already in love with the red PCB :D

chzel

11 Sep 2014, 20:20

Mine is here too!
In great shape, plate a bit twisted but nothing bad!
Done a bit of sanding on the plate and a quick solder job on the USB connector on the bottom side to reinforce it and it's ready to assemble!

t!ng
Awake Sheep

11 Sep 2014, 20:25

Good for you guys : (

macmakkara

12 Sep 2014, 16:14

My FaceU arrived. il start building it sunday or monday.

webwit
Wild Duck

12 Sep 2014, 19:03

I got my order, but both plates are damaged. Since the bubble wrap and packaging was not, and the alu plate cannot be corrected by hand (needs more force), it was shipped damaged. Not cool.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

12 Sep 2014, 20:21

Can you check my order boss?

feizor

13 Sep 2014, 02:17

Sorry to see a lot of people receiving damaged plates. Hopefully my PCB will arrive safe and sound. Any update on when mine might be shipping tinnie?

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Sep 2014, 02:24

If something during production goes wrong, that can happen. But to actually ship the damaged goods is nowhere near acceptable. Then it turns into a scam. Fuck that.I want my money back.

7bit

13 Sep 2014, 09:09

This looks bad. Somehow both had been damaged the same way, but not the PCB.
:cry:
mashby wrote: My order arrived safe-and-sound two days ago. I'm a bit surprised that it arrived without incident because the packaging was just a bubble envelope. Granted there was extra bubble wrap around the PCB and plate, but nothing rigid to protect the contents.
:mad:

I recommend to use thick cardboard paper to ship things that should not be bent etc.
:roll:

On the other hand: Why didn't you wait for the qHACK?
:o

Once, the HyperMicro prototypes arrived, I will order the other prototypes.
:-)

Shinryuu

13 Sep 2014, 10:34

webwit wrote: I got my order, but both plates are damaged. Since the bubble wrap and packaging was not, and the alu plate cannot be corrected by hand (needs more force), it was shipped damaged. Not cool.

That's just.. unacceptable in so many levels. :|

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

13 Sep 2014, 11:32

Tinnie said in the workshop thread that he will replace the faulty plate, he is a fair guy so I say there is no need to worry.
I have only PCB's and I must say the quality is very good, 4 pieces and no issue.
@7bit: I would have waited for the qHACK but I wanted to build my keyboards now not somewhere in the far distant future :P . When qHACK will be available I will buy one, by that time I will have enough boards not to care when I will get this one ;)

Laser
emacs -nw

13 Sep 2014, 12:59

Plate and PCB arrived, all seems to be in perfect condition. Phew! And luckily i'm an ANSI user, so plate is perfect as is :)
Thanks again, Tinnie!

teuf

13 Sep 2014, 13:06

Is it still possible to order a FaceU PCB? Is there some progress on the MX-mini U PCBs or do they need more time?

mashby

13 Sep 2014, 14:47

DanielT wrote:@7bit: I would have waited for the qHACK but I wanted to build my keyboards now not somewhere in the far distant future :P . When qHACK will be available I will buy one, by that time I will have enough boards not to care when I will get this one ;)
Great minds think alike. +1!

iAmAhab

13 Sep 2014, 19:16

Finally got my stuff yesterday and got cracking on putting this thing together:

Equipped with some broken in blacks from an old Wyse board and fitted in a Hammer case. Had forgotten how heavy blacks actually are, been using a HHKB as my primary board the last months and the switch(this never gets old) was quite brutal. Some minor issues though, the backspace is scratchy as hell. The switch itself is fine, I'm thinking the cap itself is scraping along the stabs, makes it feel horrible. Another issue is that the black switch is not strong enough to lift the 7x spacebar back to it's original position. Sometimes not even lifting it enough to deactivate the switch which is not good.Might be stabs that are the culprit in this case also, has anybody experienced the same problem?

Small build log(bag of potatoes):
Spoiler:
I got tired of waiting for you GH60 and I'm going ahead with this build without you.

This is my first custom build, I think I'm doing it right.

Shoddy QC requires shoddy cutting work.

Safety first, proper ventilation is recommended for soldering.

All soldered up, this is going a long quite ni......balls. Remmember picture two? Well, I was aiming for a ISO layout and I'm missing a switch next to the left shift. Furthermore I placed a stabilizer in the left shift position, guess what, that stab is not coming off unless you desolder the whole board. That is, if you want to salvage the stabilizer. Brutally cutting it up with some wire cutters will also alliviate the problem. I decided not to post pictures of this as it was quite morbid.

Problem fixed and ready for testing.

Comma comma comma, why you bringing me down like this? Probably just a bad switch, switch(hurhurhur) that out and dispose of the faulty one(again no pictures, ugly stuff). Why you still no work comma? I double checked the new switch before soldering it in place.

Mother******, I just can't get a break. Find one error in this picture.

Thankfully I found a stub of a diode laying around in a cardboard box I keep miscellaneous keyboard parts in. The leads where barely long enough, but a generous amount of solder saved the day.

HzFaq

13 Sep 2014, 20:46

Shoddy QC requires shoddy cuts might just be my new favourite saying, good job ;).

DanielT

13 Sep 2014, 22:20

Nice build log :) Now I remember again why I don't use plates :lol:
I have also blacks, and my daily driver is also HHKB, damn heavy but I will swap the springs with sime coreans. On the 7u spacebar I have a MX Gray, works really nice.
The Hammer TI case is one of the best, ever ! I wish I will get my hands on one some day ...

Xandr

16 Sep 2014, 20:43

Right, so on Saturday, August 23rd you told me
I will ship your order on next Tuesday.
That would have been exactly 3 weeks ago now. Do you have any shipping information for me? Tracking number? Anything?

My shipping address was in bloody Ireland, not on the moon, so it should have arrived by now.

scottc

16 Sep 2014, 22:19

I'm in Ireland too and mine hasn't arrived either. Bear in mind that An Post are hardly the most timely of organisations. It'll probably spend longer in sorting offices and being bounced around the country than it did getting here from China.

Tinnie's also been pretty busy doing this group buy and other things, so I imagine that's why you haven't gotten any updates. This thread has gotten a load of replies, too, so he's not even necessarily going to see messages posted in here. PMing him might help.

Plus, from looking at your posts, it looks like you didn't ask for tracked shipping. The default shipping was untracked. (Just in case you didn't realise).

DanielT

16 Sep 2014, 22:50

In my case it took around 3 weeks.

Xandr

17 Sep 2014, 10:03

Yeah, you're right - I did indeed skimp out on the tracking. My mistake.

I'm just getting a bit nervous since so far almost all the 60% related group buys (on both, DT and GH) I'm participating in, have been going less than stellar.

Return to “Group buys”