[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

alinh

14 Jul 2014, 07:10

matt3o wrote:
PS: Do you have more pictures I can use of the VIM key btw?
Should be noted that the initial GB for SA Vim key was done by mtl (about 40? keys were produced at that time). He agreed to let us use his "legend setup order" @ SP for our group buy.

Here's an album with his keyboard which shows the Vim key : http://imgur.com/a/wBI0y#0

Maybe some of them pics will help :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2014, 07:37

alinh wrote:
matt3o wrote:
Should be noted that the initial GB for SA Vim key was done by mtl (about 40? keys were produced at that time). He agreed to let us use his "legend setup order" @ SP for our group buy.

Here's an album with his keyboard which shows the Vim key : http://imgur.com/a/wBI0y#0

I couldn't find the original GB. Any insight? Thanks! Wasn't DCS mtl's GB? In that case they are two entries in the DB.

alinh

14 Jul 2014, 08:23

matt3o wrote:
alinh wrote:
matt3o wrote:

I couldn't find the original GB. Any insight? Thanks! Wasn't DCS mtl's GB? In that case they are two entries in the DB.
found it again 8-) : http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=16805.0

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2014, 08:43

oh it was SA, so I have to change the current entry. Thanksalot!

Edit: rectified :) http://keypuller.com/vim-escape-key/

alinh

14 Jul 2014, 09:20

matt3o wrote: oh it was SA, so I have to change the current entry. Thanksalot!

Edit: rectified :) http://keypuller.com/vim-escape-key/
From the original GB :

Total: 41
Cost per key: US$3.50

keep in mind that the original GB had to cover the 25$(???) setup fee also. The 1st GB was done the classic way @ SP (PMK was not yet born).

Edit : great idea with the site btw. Dolling over DSA retro :cry: ... maybe a re-run is in order? :roll:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2014, 09:36

alinh wrote: Edit : great idea with the site btw. Dolling over DSA retro :cry: ... maybe a re-run is in order? :roll:
thanks! yes round 2 Retro is in the pipeline, but in SA profile.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

14 Jul 2014, 09:40

Well, maybe some day in DSA again :) I just can't get used to type on SA, my fingers feel like on stilts :(

alinh

14 Jul 2014, 09:54

DSA retro in SA profile just isn't DSA :(

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2014, 10:21

alinh wrote: DSA retro in SA profile just isn't DSA :(
indeed Round 2 Retro, not round 2 DSA retro :D

DanielT

14 Jul 2014, 10:24

Regarding keypuller.com, do you have a topic ? Would be nice to have a place to talk about it :)
I could try my best to take a nice photo with my Vim and the Hammer Hellboy for the novelty section ;)
That Hellboy is wicked cool, even the packaging is awesome.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2014, 10:52

DanielT wrote: Regarding keypuller.com, do you have a topic ? Would be nice to have a place to talk about it :)
I could try my best to take a nice photo with my Vim and the Hammer Hellboy for the novelty section ;)
That Hellboy is wicked cool, even the packaging is awesome.
TA-DAAAAN!
http://deskthority.net/off-topic-f10/ke ... t8413.html

jdeblese

14 Jul 2014, 16:00

So...

It's not perfect, and there were some issues in the execution, but I do want to say that I really like it regardless. Thanks again, Matt3o :)

Eszett

14 Jul 2014, 18:11

Got my Granite keycaps today (and will post them later). One question: guys, do you see any difference in the deep dish F and J keycaps to the normal F und J keycaps? I can’t see or feel or sense any ...

Muirium
µ

14 Jul 2014, 18:14

They look deeper than the other caps on janvkn's Poker:

DSA is a relatively low profile, those dishes can only go so deep…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2014, 18:15

Eszett wrote: Got my Granite keycaps today (and will post them later). One question: guys, do you see any difference in the deep dish F and J keycaps to the normal F und J keycaps? I can’t see or feel or sense any ...
they are deeper. if they are not you probably got a flawed set. post a picture I'll let you know.

personally, I can clearly feel the difference.

jdeblese

14 Jul 2014, 18:16

Eszett wrote: Got my Granite keycaps today (and will post them later). One question: guys, do you see any difference in the deep dish F and J keycaps to the normal F und J keycaps? I can’t see or feel or sense any ...
They don't feel much deeper, but they're noticeably smoother and the top face is slightly smaller than other keys. You can see this from the side as well: shinier, and the curve is different.

EDIT: Hah, ninja'd!

imbattable

15 Jul 2014, 10:49

German customs make me sad...

I just found out my package was held there for a few days and then sent back without me being notified. I even was at the customs office YESTERDAY to pick up another package (a Leopold FC660M, pretty nice little board). No one could tell me why, DHL says I should ask customs, customs says I should ask DHL, both say they can't help me...

I sent a mail to SP that they should resend it. Does anyone have a hint on how this can go smoother for the next time so I can relay that to SP?

Elrick

15 Jul 2014, 12:50

matt3o wrote:
alinh wrote: Edit : great idea with the site btw. Dolling over DSA retro :cry: ... maybe a re-run is in order? :roll:
I spent big on your Retro series DSA's but if you're going to run these again in SA profile, then great times are coming.

Thanks for running Retro in SA because they deserve a real retro look to bestow upon any MX keyboard currently made :D .

julencin2000

15 Jul 2014, 13:36

matt3o wrote:
Is that round 2 going to include Ñ as granite does?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Jul 2014, 13:53

julencin2000 wrote:
matt3o wrote:
Is that round 2 going to include Ñ as granite does?
if SP has the mold (I think so), yes it will.

julencin2000

15 Jul 2014, 14:02

OMG meraviglioso

Eszett

15 Jul 2014, 15:48

Here my summary of the GB with pros (+) n’ cons (-)
(+) overall design by matt3o looks nice
(-) except the blue alt legends on the international kit, they are flimsy and hardly readable, if they were colored black instead it would be better readable
(-) off-centered legends: they were "ok" aligned in my order, but other people had "not ok" caps
(-) warped caps: 3-4 caps in my set are warped to an agree that I would call "acceptable", but not "satisfied" with the quality
(-) price: a complete german keyset with international keycaps, shipping cost and customs fees came me about 150 €, which is insanely much money for a bunch of low quality plastic. If it were high quality, ok, but this is not the case.

@imbattable I sent you a PM

@Muirium, matt3o, jdeblese You are right, the deep dished F and J keycaps are slightly different, but I would say DSA itself is deep dished, so the difference is minimal:
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0213.jpg (41.13 KiB) Viewed 5209 times

Here are my alphas and their alignment. It is not perfect, but "ok":
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG (153.16 KiB) Viewed 5209 times

fifted

15 Jul 2014, 19:53

The X looks sad to me; is that just a photo artifact?

The rest look passable.

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2014, 19:57

Looks fine to me. What about those weak blues?

All that "deep dished" means is "deeper dished" than the usual spherical cap. SA has a deeper dish than any DSA, and Honeywell caps are deeper yet:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Jul 2014, 20:06

SP confirmed that they corrected the wrong tooling. Round 2 is a go.

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2014, 20:22

Yes! DSA or the impossible?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Jul 2014, 20:36

the impossible's still impossible.

Halvar

15 Jul 2014, 21:32

imbattable wrote: German customs make me sad...
Does anyone have a hint on how this can go smoother for the next time so I can relay that to SP?
I asked the same question at the Zollamt recently, and I was told that I should tell the sender to stick an invoice (or copy of the invoice) in a plastic bag outside on the package. They told me that if the sender does that, the customs office can check the invoice without opening the package, determine the fees&taxes, and let DHL collect them, which means I don't have to appear personally. I can't tell if that really works or not though.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Jul 2014, 22:59

Mine arrived today. It was delivered at my door, obviously having passed customs in Francfort thanks to the help of Deutsche Post:

The envelope had been "Opened by Deutsche Post for customs clearance" - this was printed on each of two transparent plastic bags sticked on the envelope by Deutsche Post. One of these two bags contained just a copy of the original invoice which still was in the envelope, the other one also contained a copy of the invoice + a copy of the address label side of the envelope + a stamped and signed customs clearance form stating payment of 7.25€ (=19% import VAT) by Deutsche Post (who will certainly send me an invoice for that).

So apparently some have luck, others not.

In any case Halvar's hint of an invoice copy in a transparent plastic bag sticked on the envelope is the normal way.

Edit: a (crappy) pic of my caps,
Spoiler:
arranged on a mamtrix Tipro board the same way they were shown on the GB order page. (The keys >1u of course did not fit on the matrix.)
Granite on board.jpg
Granite on board.jpg (406.05 KiB) Viewed 5099 times
Great job!

DanielT

16 Jul 2014, 12:36

matt3o wrote: the impossible's still impossible.
For me this is good news because I love DSA and loathe the "impossible" :D I'm starting to build a trust fund for Round 2 :D

Regarding DSA deep dish, whel you look at them they don't seem much, but when you are using the keyboard you feel the presence, it's a subtle one, very pleasant for typing. I can say this from my Dolch DSA set after almost 2 months of intense use.
Last edited by DanielT on 16 Jul 2014, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group buys”