scottc

19 Feb 2015, 19:14

7bit, any update on HyperMicro (or qHACK)? :cry:

7bit

19 Feb 2015, 20:41

I still take orders!

But maybe I should set a deadline.
:evilgeek:

I will order the qHack prototypes within the next 2 weeks, so maybe I should also submit the order for the HyperMicro.
:-)

OK, let's say 31 February 2015 (ie 2015-03-03).

Muirium
µ

19 Feb 2015, 20:50

Seems like 31/28ths of a good idea…

How much has the Hyper µ PCB evolved since the prototype I have?

7bit

19 Feb 2015, 20:59

Hyper µ PCB?
:?

Muirium
µ

19 Feb 2015, 21:01

I like this new name, let's run with it!

SL89

19 Feb 2015, 21:15

i dont care what its called, but i will be down. is 03-03 the solid cutoff then? i need my tax refund >:D

7bit

19 Feb 2015, 21:27

Yes, sure!

Hint:
Because you collect the USD-money, just pretend you paid.

SL89

19 Feb 2015, 21:38

Roger that! 8-)

andrewjoy

19 Feb 2015, 21:42

screw the hyper micro! I want the hyper7 !

scottc

19 Feb 2015, 21:44

Buy 7 HyperMicros and the Hyper7 will come even sooner. :evil:

beltet

20 Feb 2015, 00:57

7bit wrote: I still take orders!

But maybe I should set a deadline.

I will order the qHack prototypes within the next 2 weeks, so maybe I should also submit the order for the HyperMicro.

OK, let's say 31 February 2015 (ie 2015-03-03).

Ooooh wait... Did 7bit say deadline.... Ok! Then I need to order some things!

Just a few questions.
1. I think I would love the SYM400. But is there any good source for 4x caps? Haven't seen any myself, but I haven't paid any attention really for those.
2. Plate mounted stabs? Can't tell the difference on the plates...
3. Have you got a good source on mousebuttons? And what type is it? And caps for those?
4. Trackpoints, Do I need to have one myself or have you a good source? Do anyone know how easy it is to convert a trackball to this board?
5. Anyone have an idea for bluetooth on this?

Sry if I missed these things. Haven't really looked for a 40ish keyboard but thinks I need one, mainly becasue 7bit said there is a dealine now! :shock:

7bit

20 Feb 2015, 10:24

beltet wrote: ...
1. I think I would love the SYM400. But is there any good source for 4x caps? Haven't seen any myself, but I haven't paid any attention really for those.
2. Plate mounted stabs? Can't tell the difference on the plates...
3. Have you got a good source on mousebuttons? And what type is it? And caps for those?
4. Trackpoints, Do I need to have one myself or have you a good source? Do anyone know how easy it is to convert a trackball to this board?
5. Anyone have an idea for bluetooth on this?
1: All my spherical key caps group buys contain 4 units space bars!
2: Plates come a little later, but yes, will be plate mountable.
3: Cherry DG or compatible. I still have to find them myself.
4: No trackpoint from me.
5: What is bluetooth?
:roll:

SL89

21 Feb 2015, 14:45

Silly question but will HoneyForty work on this or just put something together from HoneyB

7bit

21 Feb 2015, 14:54

It surely depends on your layout. To see what is available, just look at the first page.

SL89

21 Feb 2015, 15:07

7bit wrote: It surely depends on your layout. To see what is available, just look at the first page.
ANSI625 looks the closest but im not sure, Either way I'll probably look in HoneyB / 5a or whatever its called for the HyperMicro and keep the Forty for a JD40.

7bit

21 Feb 2015, 15:15

I'm quite sure there are no explicit kits for these layouts.

But be sure:
All keys are available and if not, just let me know.
;-)

SL89

21 Feb 2015, 15:24

I know, I'd be making one from a few other kits. I may need a consult from Dr Facetsesame as he is rather good at that.

scottc

21 Feb 2015, 15:26

I might make a nice layout from the grab box crap. Lots of nice blanks there. :D

s.trooper

23 Feb 2015, 01:23

Made my order. Now need to wait for the gateron gb to finish --
Are there any instructions for building this? This will be my first keyboard project and I'm not too sure where to begin. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!

7bit

23 Feb 2015, 11:50

Maybe I should sell bundles, so I can beat the prices for those fake MX switches!

But then, maybe people would start to buy fake Hyper PCBs.
:cry:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

23 Feb 2015, 12:42

You worry too much about those Gateron switches, they are popular because they are cheap as dirt and allegedly smooth as butter. Oh and that milky white case that resembles the Nixie Black... But if I have to file and sand 120 plastic pins for a 60% board just to make them snap in they are way too expensive, I can do something better with my time like lube some original Made in Germany switches and swap the springs with some nice smooth Korean ones. And when you pay top dollar for a Korean board (or any other good board) and put in cheap switches .... that is wrong :P

7bit

23 Feb 2015, 12:57

Well, the Hyper keyboards all have the pin-holes, so at least for them there is no argument left against them, except they might not last so long, but at that price you can order 3x as many.

I really wonder if these switches are legal at all.
:o

The previous replacements for Cherry MX switches looked different and used different stem colors, so where no copies, but those GA TERON (or GATERON if they suffer kerning problems) look very similar to Cherry MX, not only from the outside.
:mad:

Does anybody know who manufactures them?
:?

DanielT

23 Feb 2015, 13:06

7bit wrote: Well, the Hyper keyboards all have the pin-holes, so at least for them there is no argument left against them, except they might not last so long, but at that price you can order 3x as many.
Exactly the pins are the problem, the spacing and thickness are not right, so you have to file and sand them in order to fit the PCB pin holes.

If they are legit or not I don't know, they look like a 0.99:1 ripoff but I guess that small percent keeps them on the safe side.
As a personal opinion I prefer the originals, I know the design and quality are good, years of experience made them that good.
These are like the fake LEGO, I bought some for my daughter, they look almost like the real thing but the devil is in the details, and those details are killing me, I would have the same feeling about clone switches, I would know I type on something cheap and all those dollars spent on nice cases and expensive caps would be for nothing, like wearing a nice Italian suit with a fake Rolex.

DanielT

23 Feb 2015, 13:09

I had the experience of the faceU replica, it looked like the real thing, it seemed nice built, and worked, but small details were killing me, there is no comparison to the real thing. Something cheap is something cheap, period !

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Feb 2015, 13:38

Buy cheap, buy twice!

DanielT

23 Feb 2015, 13:43

Madhias wrote: Buy cheap, buy twice!
Second time the real thing :twisted:

RoastPotatoes

23 Feb 2015, 18:01

This looks great. But I can't decide what layout to make and if I need a plate.

scottc

23 Feb 2015, 18:08

Easy: Get SYM100 and get the SYM100 plate. :evilgeek:

SL89

23 Feb 2015, 18:51

7bit fwiw I'd buy Hyper kits. I'm sure others would as well. Also, the Gateron switches just look like bad news, much like Kailh I'd rather support Cherry who innovated the switch type. Derivatives that are notably better I'd consider but Gaterons and Kailh's just seem to be derivative at best and ripoffs at worst.

RoastPotatoes

23 Feb 2015, 18:55

scottc wrote: Easy: Get SYM100 and get the SYM100 plate. :evilgeek:
Wow, wow. I think your over simplifying the decision here. Now I am not entirely opposed to the SYM100. But I was thinking, If I am going to get a small board such as this, I should go as small as possible. That is why I was thinking about the 7bit However I was having trouble creating a usable layout that would be easy enough to use for the 7bit. So maybe your right. But then again do I really need four extra keys?

Return to “Group buys”