<SPRiT Edition>MX Springs +LSS Lube Station +MX Stabilizers (In stock)

BlueBär

02 Nov 2014, 16:25

That's one thing I didn't understand: so many people ordered the standard ones, while the golden ones are not expensive either and look extremly nice.

beltet

02 Nov 2014, 16:34

I totally agree! They look awesome! And is not expensive. So I would recommend them just because of that.

Madhias
BS TORPE

02 Nov 2014, 16:37

I think i read that some people even complained that only golden ones were available when the group buy wasn't opened anymore. As i ordered the springs, i ordered normal ones because i didn't need golden springs, but got an invoice for golden ones, paid, and got them. In the end i did not regret it, because they just look cool - and when you're pimping your switches, why not?

shreebles
Finally 60%

03 Nov 2014, 11:44

BlueBär wrote: That's one thing I didn't understand: so many people ordered the standard ones, while the golden ones are not expensive either and look extremly nice.
What's hard to understand?
People who feel they don't need golden springs, didn't want to buy them. Even if it's just a small amount on top of the original price, why pay for something that doesn't increase your perception of the value?

As you've probably guessed, I got the standard ones, as I plan to install the springs and they will never see the light of day again, I will not show them to my friends (they already know I'm a keyboard nerd), nor will I document the process for others. So no reason to get the bling for me.

BUT now that we are discussing it I do see an additional benefit of the golden springs. It's much easier to tell whether a board was modified, and they cannot be confused with the original cherry springs. So they've got that going for them, which is nice...

BlueBär

03 Nov 2014, 13:07

No guessing involved, I still have the list :P

Even if you don't see them again or anyone else ever will, I would still choose the golden ones. They just look so fantastic. Since you didn't get any of the golden ones you probably don't understand this notion but that's ok :D

shreebles
Finally 60%

03 Nov 2014, 13:10

BlueBär wrote:
Even if you don't see them again or anyone else ever will, I would still choose the golden ones. They just look so fantastic. Since you didn't get any of the golden ones you probably don't understand this notion but that's ok :D
You're right, I do not! But feel free to send me a package of gilded 50g springs... Just to help me understand 8-)

BlueBär

03 Nov 2014, 13:12

I don't have any 50g, sorry :(

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

04 Nov 2014, 22:16

I'm considering trying out some ergo clears. I have a mx red board and love them. Should I get the 50g "ultra light" springs or the 62g marked as ergo?

I'm on the fence because I think black switches are abit too heavy for my taste and 62g seems to be even worse

shreebles
Finally 60%

04 Nov 2014, 22:40

Spikebolt wrote: I'm considering trying out some ergo clears. I have a mx red board and love them. Should I get the 50g "ultra light" springs or the 62g marked as ergo?

I'm on the fence because I think black switches are abit too heavy for my taste and 62g seems to be even worse
IIRC clears might get "stuck" with springs 60g or lighter.

Also there is no way 62g is heavier than Mx black. Look at the first post, he says his 75g springs are like blacks. I fitted a whole board of MX blacks with 60g springs yesterday, they feel just like reds now.

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

04 Nov 2014, 22:49

shreebles wrote:
Spikebolt wrote: I'm considering trying out some ergo clears. I have a mx red board and love them. Should I get the 50g "ultra light" springs or the 62g marked as ergo?

IIRC clears might get "stuck" with springs 60g or lighter.

Also there is no way 62g is heavier than Mx black. Look at the first post, he says his 75g springs are like blacks. I fitted a whole board of MX blacks with 60g springs yesterday, they feel just like reds now.
I was comparing with cherry mx springs, which was probably a mistake :P Thanks mate

BlueBär

05 Nov 2014, 10:26

Anybody still waiting on a package from me?

Laser
emacs -nw

05 Nov 2014, 10:36

I will have to pick up mine from the post office today or tomorrow
(i checked our national online tracking system and only yesterday it arrived in my city).

scottc

05 Nov 2014, 18:43

I don't think mine has arrived but I wasn't home last night. Hopefully it arrived while I was away. I'll let you know. Cheers, Bluebar!

Khers

05 Nov 2014, 18:47

Was too late for the european proxy, but I got mine directly from S. Korea today! Thanks sprit1!

The gold plated springs look stunning!

BlueBär

05 Nov 2014, 18:59

One package that was supposed to go to France apparently went to Russia. I'm baffled how that happened. It says France in all caps on top (I printed the stamps) and there was no package going to Russia, so I couldn't have confused the tracking number or something like that. I'm going to contact the german postal service about that and see what they can do - if everything fails, it's insured and we can just send new springs.

scottc

05 Nov 2014, 22:08

Mine haven't arrived yet. Hoping that they come soon! :)

sprit1

06 Nov 2014, 08:39

Khers wrote: Was too late for the european proxy, but I got mine directly from S. Korea today! Thanks sprit1!

The gold plated springs look stunning!
WOW! so quick!
I sent it last week on 29th, Already arrived in Sweden?

Any Problem with The Proxy shipping, Tell BlueBär or Me, I will send it again!

Khers

06 Nov 2014, 10:38

sprit1 wrote: WOW! so quick!
I sent it last week on 29th, Already arrived in Sweden?
Yup! Was a pleasant surprise when I opened my mailbox yesterday! Half way around the world in a week. Not bad :D

Laser
emacs -nw

06 Nov 2014, 16:46

The elastic* candies arrived :)
Thanks a lot, BlueBär & Sprit!

*gummy

scottc

08 Nov 2014, 01:13

It arrived, thanks a lot to BlueBar and sprit! :D

OMG_its_Roel

08 Nov 2014, 17:36

Super heavy springs, MX Super Black DIY reproduction? I can't find the prices though...

OMG_its_Roel

09 Nov 2014, 17:47

Where are th prices...?

OMG_its_Roel

09 Nov 2014, 18:08

nevermind got it already

sprit1

13 Nov 2014, 06:42

davkol

13 Nov 2014, 10:16

Got it. Thanks! Korean ductape imba.

andrewjoy

14 Nov 2014, 20:31

Got mine yesterday. I tested them in a brown and they feel very nice , just slightly lighter than a red/brown this is exactly what I was looking for. They also feel slightly smoother I don't know why it may just be a placebo. All I need now are some vintage backs.

There are one or two springs that are damaged but I have enough to do my board so its not a problem.

Jimmy54669

27 Nov 2014, 07:45

iam I blinde ? cant finde any pricing nor how many are in 1 set ? really like to buy some

chzel

27 Nov 2014, 07:47

1set (100pcs) = Standard $6 , Gold $10 + ($1 GB fee)
in the Google form, 4th field down

Jimmy54669

27 Nov 2014, 19:39

Ah never had found it myself may thanks :D

Cherry1990

01 Dec 2014, 23:23

Got today my two sets (102 and 96 :cry: pieces), 62g. Thank you.

I swapped original Cherry springs from my G80-3000 with Clears.
Mmm... For me the difference is very small. You can feel it, but it is very very small... If you think to modify the Clears, use lighter springs... :|

I have 104 original Cherry Clear springs to sell... :mrgreen:

Return to “Group buys”