any news on the keys? :)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

10 Jan 2012, 17:27

byFd wrote:any news on the keys? :)
Waiting for them to arrive from Korea

Cyclonechuah

11 Jan 2012, 08:35

i was so excited and happy to see sixty reply in this thread, after clicking the link and look inside. i was disappointed :cry:

rouston

11 Jan 2012, 12:02

Hve the sets already been sorted and sent from Korea? I mean are they already in shipping?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

14 Jan 2012, 22:21

rouston wrote:Hve the sets already been sorted and sent from Korea? I mean are they already in shipping?
I believe so, but I do not have confirmation yet. I last spoke to Uranium last week and he said he would ship them the upcoming week. So I would think so. He has not been online since, since he is also very busy.

I will update as soon as I have any confirmation of course :)

tjweir

14 Jan 2012, 22:41

Thanks for the update sixty.

Excited to get these, great job.

calavera

15 Jan 2012, 05:25

yay

byFd

18 Jan 2012, 12:04

i know people will hate me for bumping this, but i planned this set for my future office keyboard :D
and i get to like the noppo choc mini more and more and i'm not sure if this set will all the extras has all the keys needed?
i found this on otd http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_tabl ... r_id=94454
but it's not exactly the noppo, but from this and other pictures i figured it should have enough keys, only the spacebar could not fit, but that would be ok for me :D

sixty
Gasbag Guru

18 Jan 2012, 12:20

Everything you need should be included. Some keys will not be a perfect match, for example the profile of Page down and Del will be wrong, there is no dedicated "Alt" 1x1 key, you will have to use a function key. Overall you should be able to setup everything to cover every key.

byFd

18 Jan 2012, 13:20

hm ok, sounds nice :) profile of the right row isn't to important as long as the main typing keys are correct. i'll probably gonna order one then :)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

20 Jan 2012, 20:44

I got some news. Uranium is going through a hard time and had some personal problems which delayed the sorting. He apologizes and will try to get the sorting finished as soon as possible.

On the bright side, it seems like we will have some extra "add-on experimental sets" for those that did not have them in their initial order. So if you want to change your mind about those, you will likely still have a chance to grab them since I will be receiving 30 of the base and 30 of the addon sets from him.

tjweir

20 Jan 2012, 20:49

Sad news for Uranium.

blainchen

20 Jan 2012, 21:07

Sad news indeed.

@Sixty, I'm in for one Addon set.

prava

20 Jan 2012, 21:36

I'm in for whatever is left cause I missed my first chance. ouch :(

kaiserreich

21 Jan 2012, 05:05

Really want that base set.
I hope the leftovers don't get posted on some early morning time.

jinhan108

21 Jan 2012, 06:12

Hi Sixty, possible to add an experimental set to my current base set order? Thanks so much.

Edit: Oh just noticed they will be up for sale when the shipment arrives.

balanar

23 Jan 2012, 17:08

So will it be possible to order a set of these later on? Not only the add on but the basic set as well.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

23 Jan 2012, 17:09

balanar wrote:So will it be possible to order a set of these later on? Not only the add on but the basic set as well.
If anything remains then yes. I will be putting up whatever is left when I finally receive the shipment. I will not be accepting new orders before.

balanar

24 Jan 2012, 05:49

sixty wrote:
balanar wrote:So will it be possible to order a set of these later on? Not only the add on but the basic set as well.
If anything remains then yes. I will be putting up whatever is left when I finally receive the shipment. I will not be accepting new orders before.
Oh ok. Fair enough. Any estimate of a date when the shipment will arrive?

nullpunkt

30 Jan 2012, 23:54

nice caps! is the following a picture of the "rebel red alert" set?

image from here.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

31 Jan 2012, 05:14

Correct.

PS: Still no news yet from Uranium. I hope he is doing okay :|
As always, will update this as soon as I hear back form him.

tsangan

31 Jan 2012, 06:13

Poor Uranium, seems like a lot is going on :(

gimpster

31 Jan 2012, 06:30

If anyone decides they want to sell theirs, let me know. This will be perfect for a project I'm working on. Would love a base set as well as the add-ons. And if not, then I hope there are some extras I can get. :)

rouston

03 Feb 2012, 13:53

any pic of the add on set with red keys?
btw any news?

tjweir

03 Feb 2012, 14:58

rouston wrote:any pic of the add on set with red keys?
btw any news?
Check this set of search results on OTD, you'll see Red Alert in all it's sexy glory.
http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_tabl ... rt&x=0&y=0

jinhan108

04 Feb 2012, 05:25

goodness such an arduous wait!

7bit

04 Feb 2012, 17:09

I see this is a kit for children:
:lol:

byFd

04 Feb 2012, 21:20

looks better than the kits in your groupbuy :P

7bit

04 Feb 2012, 21:29

byFd wrote:looks better than the kits in your groupbuy :P
You mean the kids in the picture look better than the kids @ GH trying to order something in my group buy. :lol:

In Round 5 I will do something similar. But Text will be centered, and the symbols will be thicker.

Nevertheless, I'm jealous because this is such a straight forward group buy: 3000 times the 170 same keys. Not even language specific stuff and all that. All in one color-scheme.

Impressive!

Return to “Group buys”