Rebel Red Alert - ENDED - PREPARE FOR LEFT-OVER SETS APRIL 1

tjweir

04 Apr 2012, 15:54

Things always take a long time to arrive in Canada.

Must be all the igloos.

harrison

04 Apr 2012, 16:30

tjweir wrote:Things always take a long time to arrive in Canada.

Must be all the igloos.
no, it's our postal system. the polar bears can only walk so fast!

richie

04 Apr 2012, 19:42

could I get a tracking number too sixty. wait is agony :P

shawn o

04 Apr 2012, 19:46

Can I purchase a left over base set? I am in the US.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Apr 2012, 20:22

richie wrote:could I get a tracking number too sixty. wait is agony :P
I'll PM it to you on Friday.
shawn o wrote:Can I purchase a left over base set? I am in the US.
Hell no. These have been sold out like hotcakes. The spare sets have already been raffled.

If I did not make any major mistakes we will have another raffle for three more sets soon though.

dirge

04 Apr 2012, 20:25

3 more sets?

Can I be the first to say add me? ;)

DanGWanG

07 Apr 2012, 04:14

sixty wrote:
richie wrote:could I get a tracking number too sixty. wait is agony :P
I'll PM it to you on Friday.
shawn o wrote:Can I purchase a left over base set? I am in the US.
Hell no. These have been sold out like hotcakes. The spare sets have already been raffled.

If I did not make any major mistakes we will have another raffle for three more sets soon though.
Sweet!

tsangan

07 Apr 2012, 04:39

Any update on my set sixty?

I check my mail everyday hoping its there lol

Cyclonechuah

07 Apr 2012, 06:02

keeping my finger crossed for the next raffle

jinhan108

07 Apr 2012, 16:58

tsangan wrote:Any update on my set sixty?

I check my mail everyday hoping its there lol
I am in the same boat as you:P Every day my heart sinks not seeing a parcel with my name on it:)

woody
Count Troller

09 Apr 2012, 14:34

@sixty: Well received, thanks!

calavera

10 Apr 2012, 05:53

Anyone in the states receive theirs yet? Especially in the west coast.

DanGWanG

10 Apr 2012, 06:17

reaper's had his for a while

Haes

10 Apr 2012, 12:59

Sorry for the late Response. I wanted to thank you, Sixty, for the set. Got mine 2 weeks ago and it's fantastic.

tjweir

10 Apr 2012, 17:21

Thanks Sixty!!

(My puller broke two weeks ago, so I'll need to make one prior to swapping keys.)
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334071272.923773.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334071272.923773.jpg (211.69 KiB) Viewed 5236 times

jinhan108

10 Apr 2012, 17:58

Hi Sixty,

I just got my set, but I am having problems with the larger keys like the numpad's + key, Enter Key etc. The stems are too loose to fit the stabilisers on my Filco Multicam, making it much more difficult to tap the shift keys etc. Moreover, the Numpad's + key won't even fit into my keyboard as it would just get stuck in a depressed position. Any help would be appreciated!

kaiserreich

10 Apr 2012, 18:40

jinhan108 wrote:Hi Sixty,

I just got my set, but I am having problems with the larger keys like the numpad's + key, Enter Key etc. The stems are too loose to fit the stabilisers on my Filco Multicam, making it much more difficult to tap the shift keys etc. Moreover, the Numpad's + key won't even fit into my keyboard as it would just get stuck in a depressed position. Any help would be appreciated!

Standard issue with the SP keys.
Fit a small piece of tissue when you are inserting the stabilizers, works fine for me.

I'm not sure whether the '+' key would have the stabilizer, but try with the tissue thing, make sure the stabilizer is tight and see if that works

jinhan108

10 Apr 2012, 19:00

Tried the tissue trick, though the + key still gets stuck in a depressed state on the Multicam Majestouch.:o

Meanwhile, tried the + key on another Filco Majestouch 2 standard keyboard and the + key works better.

gimpster

10 Apr 2012, 22:58

The key switch should push it back up, no matter how loose the stem is...it sounds like the key is binding up on the case or on another key. Check for clearances there. You might need to just sand the bottom edge of the key slightly to make it operate smoothly. You don't even notice the bottom edge of the key when it's installed, so it's no big deal. Sucks when that happens, though, and I've had it happen to me with other SP keys. :(

xbb

11 Apr 2012, 02:42

gimpster wrote:The key switch should push it back up, no matter how loose the stem is...it sounds like the key is binding up on the case or on another key. Check for clearances there. You might need to just sand the bottom edge of the key slightly to make it operate smoothly. You don't even notice the bottom edge of the key when it's installed, so it's no big deal. Sucks when that happens, though, and I've had it happen to me with other SP keys. :(
same issue on my Filco and SP keycaps, the CM Storm Quickfire is fine instead

litster

11 Apr 2012, 04:15

Yes! My Red Alert set arrived today. Will spend some time to put them on.

jinhan108

11 Apr 2012, 05:28

Thanks for the tip, Gimpster! Works fine now. Thanks so much for the GB Sixty, looks amazing!

litster

11 Apr 2012, 06:20

This one is special!
Red Alert with White-Red Acrylic Case-1.jpg
Red Alert with White-Red Acrylic Case-1.jpg (168.33 KiB) Viewed 5122 times

gimpster

11 Apr 2012, 07:01

Litster, I'm going to need the location of the fake rock you hide your spare house key in and your work schedule for the next 7 business days. :) Damn that looks good.

demik

11 Apr 2012, 07:33

gimpster wrote:Litster, I'm going to need the location of the fake rock you hide your spare house key in and your work schedule for the next 7 business days. :) Damn that looks good.
you're going to have to wait until i rob him first!

Ovoxo

11 Apr 2012, 08:15

litster wrote:This one is special!
Red Alert with White-Red Acrylic Case-1.jpg
God that looks amazing!

ripster

11 Apr 2012, 08:17

Wow, that IS great looking. Let's put it in a picture frame and send it to Melissa.

woody
Count Troller

11 Apr 2012, 11:56

Quick lo-fi phonecam with the mandatory fanboyism:
redalert.jpg
redalert.jpg (197.01 KiB) Viewed 5073 times
This turned out to be the better SP execution, very minor annoyances this time. Or is it the Sixty / Korean karma and persistence?

EDIT: I also gave my Round 3 old-school keycaps to a close friend, so in a way I turned to the Light Side. Sad.

off

11 Apr 2012, 12:18

Nice sys caps! Where'd you get those?

richie

11 Apr 2012, 19:38

Thanks Sixty, got my lot here in the UK safe and sound :P

Return to “Group buys”