[IC] [Reddit] UKKeycaps GB #2: Tai Hao PBT Range in ISO+ANSI Layout + PBT Blank

joekenton

28 Aug 2015, 00:52

After a successful first Tai Hao groupbuy which is finishing up, the next UKKeycaps group-buy interest check is now live!

All the info and the form to register your interest is available over on the r/mechmarket thread HERE
Last edited by joekenton on 01 Sep 2015, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

joekenton

29 Aug 2015, 17:30

Lil' bump - group buy will start on monday as long as I hear back from Tai Hao's representative!

infodroid

29 Aug 2015, 20:05

I'm not sure about the Tai Hao PBT keycaps. Some sets are coated with mysterious "Nano Antibiosis Technology". But this material is not explained anywhere. I'm not sure I want that near my fingers. Also some users are saying that the coating collects dirt, which is difficult to remove.

Muirium
µ

29 Aug 2015, 20:08

Nanotechnology. They're living in the future!

(Sounds like marketing to disguise the trouble with dirt collection they actually have. When you can't fix a problem: pretend it's a good thing!)

joekenton

03 Sep 2015, 13:01

The coating can be removed using 95%+ alcohol if preferred, although I'm not liable if you attempt this :D

Hypersphere

27 Sep 2015, 22:23

Got a set to try out. The coating is a major mistake. Such coatings are not an effective way to control the spread of microbial disease -- hand washing is much more effective. Moreover, the coating gives the caps a very unpleasant feel. I've considered trying to remove the coating, but I am going to see if I can return the caps instead and purchase a higher quality set of dye-sub PBT -- without any ill-conceived coating.

Return to “Group buys”