[IC] ANSI & ISO TKL phantom plate.(modeled by Joey Quinn) JD40 style.

strafe

01 Jul 2015, 03:16

lolpes wrote: i know it is, but shipping to me is 38 $, so yeah....
Same here :( Anyone in Australia want anything from Mechanicalkeyboards, and split shipping costs?

wacko78

01 Jul 2015, 07:10

Would these plates work for a sandwich style case?

lolpes

01 Jul 2015, 10:10

wacko78 wrote:Would these plates work for a sandwich style case?
I Think that is the whole point, but for the middle piece, you may want to contact gon, or sprit or just make one yourself ;) like I have done and will do if this goes through ;)

wafflepc

01 Jul 2015, 15:47

Another update: confirmed price drops! Not sure how much but it will be cheaper!

wafflepc

01 Jul 2015, 15:50

lolpes wrote:
wacko78 wrote:Would these plates work for a sandwich style case?
I Think that is the whole point, but for the middle piece, you may want to contact gon, or sprit or just make one yourself ;) like I have done and will do if this goes through ;)
For the mid piece do you mean something similar to the GON style keyboard, or the pcb? The keyboard i am making does not have a mid piece. Checkout some of JDCarpes work.

wafflepc

01 Jul 2015, 15:50

wacko78 wrote: Would these plates work for a sandwich style case?
Thats the point! :D

wacko78

01 Jul 2015, 16:01

wafflepc wrote:
wacko78 wrote: Would these plates work for a sandwich style case?
Thats the point! :D
Doh

lolpes

01 Jul 2015, 23:28

I know it doesn't but that was the whole point of my comment is that it is possible to add a middle piece after if anyone desires :)
Last edited by lolpes on 02 Jul 2015, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.

wafflepc

02 Jul 2015, 18:35

[/quote]I know it doesn't but that was the whole point of my comment is that it is possible to add a middle piece after if anyone desires :)[/quote]

It would have to be custom, but the screws are far enough away from the PCB that it will be possible.

lolpes

02 Jul 2015, 18:46

lolpes wrote: I Think that is the whole point, but for the middle piece, you may want to contact gon, or sprit or just make one yourself ;) like I have done and will do if this goes through ;)
lol

skiwithpete

06 Jul 2015, 00:03

Just wanted to jump in here and say that I'm interested when this happens.

P

wafflepc

07 Jul 2015, 03:13

skiwithpete wrote: Just wanted to jump in here and say that I'm interested when this happens.

P
Great! I am probably going to start collecting payments tommorow or wednesday, and then hopefully order by next week!

telepete

07 Jul 2015, 04:29

I'm on board as well. My Phantom case is sad as hell.

meow a cat

07 Jul 2015, 06:05

I don't think this would fit a Filco like the OP says. There's no cutout for the controller.

skiwithpete

07 Jul 2015, 06:28

Will this have holes for feet? Like the JD40 does?

https://youtu.be/F5zEN54tviA

telepete

07 Jul 2015, 13:40

Is there an updated render for ANSI 150 with the stabs mounted directly on the plates? I just want to be sure this thing will fit. Also, would it be possible to have a hole in the back that lines up with the teensy 2 button? I'd rather not take the whole thing apart for reprogramming. Any thoughts on this folks?

wafflepc

07 Jul 2015, 16:20

telepete wrote: Is there an updated render for ANSI 150 with the stabs mounted directly on the plates? I just want to be sure this thing will fit. Also, would it be possible to have a hole in the back that lines up with the teensy 2 button? I'd rather not take the whole thing apart for reprogramming. Any thoughts on this folks?
The new models arent finished yet, should be by tomorrow. The design is open, so you wont have to have a hole. The plate is about 1 inch above the bottom plate, which should leave finger room to press the teensy.

wafflepc

07 Jul 2015, 16:26

skiwithpete wrote: Will this have holes for feet? Like the JD40 does?

https://youtu.be/F5zEN54tviA
Ill ask Joey if he can put that in! Great idea!

meow a cat

07 Jul 2015, 16:30

telepete wrote: Is there an updated render for ANSI 150 with the stabs mounted directly on the plates? I just want to be sure this thing will fit. Also, would it be possible to have a hole in the back that lines up with the teensy 2 button? I'd rather not take the whole thing apart for reprogramming. Any thoughts on this folks?
If you're not using some sort of spacer piece in the middle of the case, the Phantom Teensy is pretty close to the top edge of the plate, so you should just be able to use a pen or something to push the button. You'd most likely only have to press the button once anyway, as you can assign a key combination to put the board into bootloader mode once you program a layout.

telepete

07 Jul 2015, 17:12

meow a cat wrote:
If you're not using some sort of spacer piece in the middle of the case, the Phantom Teensy is pretty close to the top edge of the plate, so you should just be able to use a pen or something to push the button. You'd most likely only have to press the button once anyway, as you can assign a key combination to put the board into bootloader mode once you program a layout.

This is true. I suppose I'll adjust the layout when I'm taking it apart to fit everything to the new plate. I do plan to have some sort of 4 piece acrylic spacer made (although the case looks pretty good as is) but I'll assign a key combo as you have suggested in case of further changes (although I can't imagine I'll bring back Caps Lock!). As an aside, is there a GH thread for this? It would be sweet to get a cheap pricing tier via more interested people.

wafflepc

07 Jul 2015, 23:48

telepete wrote:
meow a cat wrote:

This is true. I suppose I'll adjust the layout when I'm taking it apart to fit everything to the new plate. I do plan to have some sort of 4 piece acrylic spacer made (although the case looks pretty good as is) but I'll assign a key combo as you have suggested in case of further changes (although I can't imagine I'll bring back Caps Lock!). As an aside, is there a GH thread for this? It would be sweet to get a cheap pricing tier via more interested people.
There is, just posted it yesterday. No ones bitten though :/ Im not sure of the exact prices, get those next week, but it should be cheaper then before.

skiwithpete

08 Jul 2015, 17:42

wafflepc wrote:
There is, just posted it yesterday. No ones bitten though :/ Im not sure of the exact prices, get those next week, but it should be cheaper then before.
Did you post on Reddit? Mechmarket?

meow a cat

08 Jul 2015, 17:53

strafe wrote:
lolpes wrote: i know it is, but shipping to me is 38 $, so yeah....
Same here :( Anyone in Australia want anything from Mechanicalkeyboards, and split shipping costs?
Just to let you guys know, if you e-mail MechanicalKeyboards, they can arrange cheaper shipping via USPS INTL First Class. Not sure how much cheaper it would be to Aus or Portugal, but for Canada the shipping went from $25USD to $10USD. They also have Teensy 2.0s in stock again.. when I e-mailed them I also asked about Teensy 2.0s, and they didn't realize they hadn't updated the site with their stock. :lol:

Worth a try?

wafflepc

08 Jul 2015, 20:42

Files for ANSI and ISO plates are finished!

Data

10 Jul 2015, 02:12

In.

retrochick

10 Jul 2015, 06:21

Interested if this will fit a QFR pcb and if we can get it down to under $100 :)

meow a cat

10 Jul 2015, 06:52

retrochick wrote: Interested if this will fit a QFR pcb and if we can get it down to under $100 :)
I don't think it will fit a QFR, the plate needs a cutout for the controller over the arrow keys for the QFR and Filco.

LeandreN

10 Jul 2015, 09:08

I can get these make these for half the price. The price of shipping from me will bring it up. The total cost reduction will be about 35-40%.

lolpes

10 Jul 2015, 09:16

LeandreN wrote:I can get these make these for half the price. The price of shipping from me will bring it up. The total cost reduction will be about 35-40%.
Hummmm :))))

Data

10 Jul 2015, 16:38

Really dumb question, I just need a sanity check. The Phantom PCB supports 6.25 space bar, right?

Return to “Group buys”