Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Azhdar

08 Nov 2015, 22:29

Don't worry my friend I contacted him already ;)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

08 Nov 2015, 23:10

If Azhdar only takes one, I'd be interested in getting the other one. Preferably the #001, and under the 75€ estimation of photekq. :mrgreen:

photekq
Cherry Picker

09 Nov 2015, 03:37

chiptea wrote: Hi!

How much do you think a Nissho KB106DE in fair condition would be worth?

How about an Epson Business Full? I'm getting both, but I'd just like to know how much I should spend :lol:
If nobody responds, it might be worth pming 002. He knows more about topre boards than anyone I know.

Topre Enthusiast

09 Nov 2015, 04:08

User 'oki_sys' has been selling NISSHO KB106DE's on Yahoo Auctions one by one for about 6 months now. Average price looks to be around the 8000 yen mark.

The Epson BFKB is a bit harder to guess as they only pop up from time to time. A junky used one sold for 17,000 yen back in August. Mine is brand new and it was a lot more than 17,000 :)

chiptea

09 Nov 2015, 05:58

Mmm, thanks for the info. You might be seeing them sooner or later then!

ettasian

09 Nov 2015, 15:26

This is going to be very innacurate one. A custom 40% keyboard with MX Clears, Tai Hao doubleshots and a decent oak casing? Also cables instead of PCB and aluminium CNC-cut plate. And about same 60%.

gogusrl

09 Nov 2015, 15:44

You need to explain yourself better. How many keyboards and what are yhe specs for each one.

ettasian

09 Nov 2015, 15:56

gogusrl wrote: You need to explain yourself better. How many keyboards and what are yhe specs for each one.
Right now it's just a concept. There are going to be about 5 keyboards in the "first wave" if this works out. And specs.. ANSI US layout, NKRO, MX Clears and doubleshots with color of choice. Working via Teensy 2.0. Case isn't ready yet, but it will propably be either wooden one with build-in wrist-rest(customer's choice) or aluminium-acryl "sandwich" with no wrist-rest. Not bigger than it has to be.

rddm

11 Nov 2015, 14:39

how much it worth?
http://imgur.com/a/yYaBX

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Nov 2015, 15:49

rddm wrote: how much it worth?
Surely more if you have the Esc cap which is missing on the pics.
The switch itself, a vintage MY (not MX!) switch, should be very easy to repair.

Halvar

11 Nov 2015, 15:53

These are really rare, I guess it very much depends on whether you find someone willing to pay a lot for a Portuguese one (is it?). Can be almost anything from 40 to 200 € I guess. More if you find the Esc cap.

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

11 Nov 2015, 15:55

kbdfr wrote:
rddm wrote: how much it worth?
Surely more if you have the Esc cap which is missing on the pics.
The switch itself, a vintage MY (not MX!) switch, should be very easy to repair.
And F1.

Halvar

11 Nov 2015, 15:56

Oh right, F1 should even be more of a problem.

rddm

11 Nov 2015, 16:15

@halvar @kdbfr
I bought this keyboard last weekend and a lot of people are trying to buy it. Yes, is ISO-PT Layout. Esc, F1 key are missing. 5 and 6 key from numpad are damaged. Yes I will repair the switch, just trying to find him on Europe because I pay 10€ just to ship them from US.

HzFaq

11 Nov 2015, 16:18

I honestly wouldn't bother trying to fix the board; it's a nicer old MY board, but its still an MY board which aren't all that great. The caps are the main event here, sell them by themselves and save some money on shipping ;).

As for a price, I'll leave it up to our Portuguese community to comment.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Nov 2015, 16:21

Those vintage MY switches are completely different from the newer version, and actually quite nice to type on.
In addition, the board itself (with the original label on the back and the blue LED sticker) is certainly appealing to collectors.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

11 Nov 2015, 17:35

rddm wrote: […] Yes I will repair the switch, just trying to find him on Europe because I pay 10€ just to ship them from US.
I can send you a replacement slider (+spring). All you’ll have to do is to push it into place.
Of course the switch casing must be intact for that, it’s easy to check by inserting the slider from another switch.
To remove the slider, insert paper clips into both side recesses and push inward, the slider will come up.
Beware, there’s an absolutely tiny spring beneath, the sort you never find again when lost :lol:
By the way, the slider can only be inserted if properly oriented.

(A shame vintage MY switches are not documented yet in the wiki. :oops: )

Chyros

11 Nov 2015, 19:52

kbdfr wrote: Those vintage MY switches are completely different from the newer version, and actually quite nice to type on.
Really? How do they compare to normal MX blacks, woul you say? Also, from what age are MYs vintage, roughly?

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

11 Nov 2015, 19:59

Can't really compare them because the force curve is completely different. But they certainly feel lighter and smoother than modern MY switches. Think they started moderninzing them around the same time as MX. Basically it comes down to "more slider better feel" imho.

Chyros, I can send you the guts of a G81-3000 with the old MY, you'd need to put caps on it and attach a cable though.

Chyros

11 Nov 2015, 20:29

guk wrote: Can't really compare them because the force curve is completely different. But they certainly feel lighter and smoother than modern MY switches. Think they started moderninzing them around the same time as MX. Basically it comes down to "more slider better feel" imho.

Chyros, I can send you the guts of a G81-3000 with the old MY, you'd need to put caps on it and attach a cable though.
Yeah sure, if you can spare it :) . I can probably wire up a cable (I have lots of spares from all kinds of boards) and I sure as hell have enough MY caps xD . I can make a comparison video with the new ones! :)

Check out my Cherry MY review if you haven't yet, btw ;) .

Scottex

13 Nov 2015, 11:44

BTC 5349 rebranded as Inves, looks like it has PBT keycaps.
Worth anything?

gogusrl

13 Nov 2015, 11:52

Pics ?

shreebles
Finally 60%

13 Nov 2015, 12:13

Chyros wrote:
guk wrote: Chyros, I can send you the guts of a G81-3000 with the old MY, you'd need to put caps on it and attach a cable though.
Yeah sure, if you can spare it :) . I can probably wire up a cable (I have lots of spares from all kinds of boards) and I sure as hell have enough MY caps xD .
I also have an old G81, but with a case and cable that you can have. See my thread:
http://deskthority.net/want-to-trade-f5 ... 10913.html

Scottex

13 Nov 2015, 12:15

Sorry for the poor quality :(

gogusrl

13 Nov 2015, 12:20

I know the model with the 1.25 Esc, it's pretty high quality pad printed pbt. I had one with ISO Nordic that looked amazing, had a really hard time figuring out if it's dyesubbed or pad printed.

Scottex

15 Nov 2015, 19:44

I have a shot at what it looks like an rebranded Acer KB-101A
how much should i offer for it/how much is it worth?

Chyros

15 Nov 2015, 20:02

It looks just like the BTC 5339R-0 I just reviewed xD .

Scottex

16 Nov 2015, 23:24

Chyros wrote: It looks just like the BTC 5339R-0 I just reviewed xD .
The seller just contacted me with pics of the switch, BTC tactile provided via rubberdome.
The rubber looks like high quality, and in the worst scenario (rotten foam) the keycaps are MX compatible 8-)

Chyros

16 Nov 2015, 23:28

If the rubber turns out to be shit, just grab some rubber sleeves from a Mitsumi, they work quite well and are very common. Try it out, see what you think of it! :)

Scottex

16 Nov 2015, 23:50

Chyros wrote: If the rubber turns out to be shit, just grab some rubber sleeves from a Mitsumi, they work quite well and are very common. Try it out, see what you think of it! :)
This seller it's also selling a Mitsumi with rubber sleeves :lol:
Thanks for the tip, i'll try it out :D

Return to “Marketplace Help”