Funny keyboard responses

elecplus

23 Nov 2015, 17:07

I just talked to a recycler in the central US. I asked if he had a qty of keyboards, and he said yes.

Can I send someone to scrounge for mechanical keyboards?

No, we don't have public access for the warehouses. We have our own guy to pull out good boards. Wait, what is a mechanical keyboard? Oh, Google has lots of nice pics. They are all different kinds! Hmm. Maybe we will work with you...

shreebles
Finally 60%

23 Nov 2015, 17:09

Let's hope their guy is any good :maverick:

chzel

23 Nov 2015, 17:11

I fear the moment he goes on ebay and thinks he can fetch those prices and then some, and asks for crazy money...
A new source is always new hope of course!

elecplus

23 Nov 2015, 17:14

Well, even if I can't get them and send them on to you guys, at least they might get saved from the grinder! Funny thing, of all the Google pics I see, there are categories at the top, which includes Model M, but not F. And of all their pics, there are only 2 Model F in the entire thing! Tons of Cherries though...

maxmalkav
dye hard

23 Nov 2015, 19:00

elecplus wrote: Well, even if I can't get them and send them on to you guys, at least they might get saved from the grinder! Funny thing, of all the Google pics I see, there are categories at the top, which includes Model M, but not F. And of all their pics, there are only 2 Model F in the entire thing! Tons of Cherries though...
Well, I think you nailed. Better to save the boards from the grinder even if that means they will not end up in our penny pinching hands ;-)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

23 Nov 2015, 19:30

Where in the "central US"? That's, very broad.

Pretty much any Cherry board with a part number starting with G80 is worth saving, and G81 often for key caps.

photekq
Cherry Picker

23 Nov 2015, 19:43

elecplus wrote: Well, even if I can't get them and send them on to you guys, at least they might get saved from the grinder! Funny thing, of all the Google pics I see, there are categories at the top, which includes Model M, but not F. And of all their pics, there are only 2 Model F in the entire thing! Tons of Cherries though...
Can we see the pics? :mrgreen:

elecplus

23 Nov 2015, 19:53

photekq wrote: Can we see the pics? :mrgreen:
Just type mechanical keyboards into Google, and then click on images. On mine, I only see 2 Model F.

fohat
Elder Messenger

24 Nov 2015, 00:41

Catch-22

You can hardly ask to go to the time and trouble to do a bunch of dirty work unless there is something valuable in there.

But like RJR, they just don't "get it" and want to do it themselves, preferably with rules and part numbers to go by.

dabeshu

24 Nov 2015, 08:59

elecplus wrote: I just talked to a recycler in the central US.
Where exactly?

Return to “Keyboards”