Korea trip

ShivaYash

08 Oct 2015, 00:22

Hello chaps

I have a good pal visiting Korea next week for business. I'm after a f660c. Is it worth asking him to visit the leopold retail shop in Seoul? Bear in mind I'm visiting Australia myself next month for four months so could order stuff from that part of the world with relative ease.

Is the f660c still current even?

I have the itch to try something. I love love love BS and Topre. I have the ssk and hhkb, so am pretty much at the end of my journey when it comes to keyboards.

SY.

Topre Enthusiast

08 Oct 2015, 01:30

The FC660C is still sold there so yeah you should have no problem getting one. They only recently started selling the FC660C in Japan from memory.

I am trying to get my hands on the black Korean version of the Realforce 101 myself (ML11K0).
Would be nice if your friend can find one for me :)
realforce01.jpg
realforce01.jpg (239.43 KiB) Viewed 951 times

Muirium
µ

08 Oct 2015, 01:35

Winkeyless? Those mad Koreans…

One thing to bear in mind about the Korean keyboard scene: they have *lots* of money. Even the HiPro costs more in Korea than in (thankfully!) price conscious Japan. Leopold has a distribution deal with Topre, but they mark things up quite a bit in their home market, compared to the price back in Topre's own land of Japan.

Topre Enthusiast

08 Oct 2015, 02:23

Yep I know it all too well.
The first Realforce I ever bought was actually from Leopold through a buying agent there. An 87UKW 55g uniform for 360,000 KRW which is about $310 USD now, and was even more back in 2010 when I bought it.

As far as I know Leopold still charge this same flat amount for their Realforces (360k for TKL, 330k for Full-size). I don't hold too much hope that an ML11K0 would be found brand new as they were discontinued a long time ago.

Return to “Keyboards”