looking for ISO layout experts - found something curious

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

14 Apr 2014, 09:45

i found a keyboard this weekend with a curious layout.

it is a 93 ICPI/Ambra Model M -- the 'neon grey' model as 7bit has described it.
it is ISO, QWERTY, with no non-english characters on the first layer.
The key to the left of 1! is an @§ key, which I have only seen on SWE/FIN layouts, but it's definitely not either of those. The "extra" ISO keys used for special language-specific characters is all various punctuation marks, some not usually found on US ANSI (which I am most familiar with).

if i didn't know any better I would say this is a Dutch ISO board but I can't find any information about dutch keyboards ever using anything besides ANSI, for at least as long as they have used any standard. i might think that it was a german/UK board that has replacement keys but the legends are all uniform and the keys are 1-piece all in the same color, so I don't think that's quite it.

bottom label reads:
ICPI
part no. AMB1006
ser. no. 0042280
mfg date 06-11-93
c.o.o. U.K.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

14 Apr 2014, 09:55

pictures (sorry for potato, working with phone)
also it is entirely possible I put a key or two in the wrong spot, working with a layout i am completely unfamiliar with. but the keys all do match up with Dutch keyboards, just with a couple moved around the enter key to accommodate ISO.

Grendel

14 Apr 2014, 10:39

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

14 Apr 2014, 10:49

Grendel wrote:Definitely Dutch (see "Other".)
hot dog! i didn't even think to check nl wiki, thank you :)

well i guess I will get this cleaned up and add some pics to the wiki.

Return to “Keyboards”