Topre PBT Spacebars

matt3o
-[°_°]-

06 Oct 2015, 19:43

Hypersphere wrote: @matt3o: Any news on when there will be another round of Topre PBT spacebars available for purchase?
We will have some more spacebars together with the new topre set, in that occasion we might run some extras.

Madhias
BS TORPE

06 Oct 2015, 19:52

I also got my order last week! wlhlm is already contacted for splitting my order.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

06 Oct 2015, 20:16

Okay so, I fixed my sound problem by just pressing the spacebars a little more. :roll:

Hypersphere

06 Oct 2015, 21:12

matt3o wrote:
Hypersphere wrote: @matt3o: Any news on when there will be another round of Topre PBT spacebars available for purchase?
We will have some more spacebars together with the new topre set, in that occasion we might run some extras.
Excellent! In particular, I am looking for some additional spacebars in black PBT. Thanks.

Topre Enthusiast

07 Oct 2015, 02:23

Mine arrived today. No warping and colour looks great. Will compare them with prototypes when I get home.
uploadfromtaptalk1444177339476.JPG
uploadfromtaptalk1444177339476.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 3594 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Oct 2015, 07:13

Hadouken!

Khers

11 Oct 2015, 13:37

Finally got around to mounting one of these bad boys on my HHKB at home and it's wonderful! No warping on the one I tried first and colorwise it seems to be almost perfect (a black one).

It does feel a little bit grippier than the stock ABS one, but I like that!

Muirium
µ

11 Oct 2015, 13:58

Ever since I got a prototype, I've never gone back to ABS. These guys are epic.

Khers

11 Oct 2015, 14:14

Yeah, I can't see myself going back to the boggo standard ABS anytime soon either. Good thing I bought enough for my present and future Topre keyboards. And then some. Unfortunately this meant the parcel was unable to sneak through customs unnoticed :(

Muirium
µ

11 Oct 2015, 14:17

Booger.

And that's why we love ploxies. Or sellers who know how to fill in a sensible customs declaration in the first place! Getting stung for caps is such a bummer. That simple plastic is already quite expensive enough!

Khers

11 Oct 2015, 15:02

MD did errors this time around as well, but this time around they were to my advantage. I don't know where they dug out the price that was on my customs declaration, but it was a fair bit lower than what I paid them. Not that I complain about that though.

photekq
Cherry Picker

29 Jan 2016, 20:32

Apologies if I'm not the first to post about this. I did search but didn't come across anything.

My spacebars from Massdrop jam horrifically on my HHKB. If I push the key down it will stay down until I prize it back up again. Has anyone encountered this problem, and more importantly has anyone encountered a fix for it?

Muirium
µ

29 Jan 2016, 22:04

Ouch. I haven't had any lasting problems with mine, but they are Matteo's prototypes rather than the MassDrop production run. They're always a bit tight and awkward the first time they go on a keyboard, but not as bad as that, and simply pulling them off and putting them on a second time seems to break them in.

As you know, PBT spacebars are a bit of a challenge. (Albeit one IBM and NMB had aced by the 80s…) due to warping when they cool after molding. Sounds like you've a banana on your hands.

scottc

29 Jan 2016, 22:10

Photekq, did you seat the spacebar, press it down hard, then remove it and re-seat? That was in an earlier thread or much earlier in this thread.

TuxKey
LLAP

30 Jan 2016, 08:51

These spacebars look awesome..drool,drool :) Do they fit the FC660C :?: :?:

photekq
Cherry Picker

30 Jan 2016, 11:02

scottc wrote: Photekq, did you seat the spacebar, press it down hard, then remove it and re-seat? That was in an earlier thread or much earlier in this thread.
I have done that, yes. Same problem. I'll give it a few more gos when I can.

Crossfire

30 Jan 2016, 20:54

I'm looking for some pbt spacebar love...is there still a chance to hook me up with some? White would be prefered. Had a black one and it was amazing, bassy thock ;)

Hypersphere

30 Jan 2016, 21:00

photekq wrote:
scottc wrote: Photekq, did you seat the spacebar, press it down hard, then remove it and re-seat? That was in an earlier thread or much earlier in this thread.
I have done that, yes. Same problem. I'll give it a few more gos when I can.
I also noticed that these PBT spacebars have a very tight fit on the HHKB and the RF87U. For my most recent spacebar install, I put a small amount of Superlube 51010 oil on the mounts and pressed down very firmly over the center switch and stabilzer mounts to be sure it was seated all the way. After doing this, the spacebar functions normally.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2016, 09:05

A second group buy of PBT Topre spacebars will start as soon as tomorrow!

New colors available.

- green
- orange
- red
- light blue
- white (light gray)
- black (dark gray)

Warm your wallet!

face

14 Jul 2016, 09:09

Yeah, nice!

Topre Enthusiast

14 Jul 2016, 09:12

Coolio! More stuff to buy :)

Khers

14 Jul 2016, 09:58

Great! I guess I'll pick up some more. You never know when you'll need them!

derzemel

14 Jul 2016, 10:10

Great news :D
no fc660c gray or beige though? :D

Thumper
knock knock

14 Jul 2016, 10:55

perfect timing.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

14 Jul 2016, 11:10

derzemel wrote: Great news :D
you people are never happy :P :D

scottc

14 Jul 2016, 11:21

I already got way too many last time now I kind of want an orange one too! Argh! Why do you do this to me?!?

b4d_tR1p

14 Jul 2016, 12:10

oh yeah! :mrgreen:

Elrick

14 Jul 2016, 13:12

matt3o wrote:
Wait till you see them on MassDrop and behold the tyre-kickers, do their thing :lol: .

Even when this Group Buy finishes you will get that same lot AGAIN, complaining why don't you do another one.......

Elrick

14 Jul 2016, 13:14

scottc wrote: I already got way too many last time now I kind of want an orange one too! Argh! Why do you do this to me?!?
Collect them all and then stick them on the ceiling, so that at night you can ogle at your PBT spacebar addiction :D .

derzemel

14 Jul 2016, 14:35

matt3o wrote:
oh... no, no... I am very happy already with the ones I got from you :P

I now want only the Green, Orange and maybe the Blue. But I am a bit bummed of the general lack of options for the FC660C (as it is the keyboard I use the most)

Return to “Keyboards”