Think he refers to http://www.bossecomputers.co.uk
Kay

Unread post07 Jun 2013, 14:21

X
Kay

Main keyboard: Apple BT keyboard
Main mouse: G9
Favorite switch: RED

Hi, I see this is thread with best activity about Duckies so I want to ask you for little help.

I want to buy a DK9087 Shine II TKL with MX Brown switches and blue backlit. Is there any way how and where to buy it? I searched about 10-15 shops and it's everywhere out of stock :( Ducky stopped producing Shine II or what is happening? I'm from Czech Republic and really want to buy one, but it looks like I can't. Do you know about some shop which is still shipping this keyboard? I'm also looking for cheapest way to get this keyboard, cuz shipping to CZ is quite expensive :/ (I found some shop where they had this KB but shipping was about half of price of keyboard so I decided not to buy it). Any ideas and help for me please?

Thanks in advance !
Explo

Unread post08 Jun 2013, 13:48

X
Explo

Main keyboard: Hope to have Ducky Shine II
Main mouse: Roccat Kova
Favorite switch: MX Brown

Yes. Get a Shine 3. It's coming soon. The sky high foreign shipping is there to help you wait!
Muirium

Unread post08 Jun 2013, 14:21

X
Muirium

Main keyboard: IBM Model M SSK
Main mouse: Apple Magic Mouse
Favorite switch: Gotta Try 'Em All

Jasker Muir
Project Andala
Thanks, that is another option. When will Shine III get out? Are there any informations about pricing? I hope they will change spacebar, cuz I definitely don't like it.
Explo

Unread post08 Jun 2013, 14:34

X
Explo

We will know more once Ducky Nordic is back from Taiwan.

There may not even be a TKL Shine 3 at first. Combine that with the Shine 2's discontinuation, and you're out of luck for a few months. This is the way with Ducky. Seems like they just make one thing at a time!

But who knows?
Muirium

Unread post08 Jun 2013, 14:44

X
Muirium

Jasker Muir
Project Andala
I can't contain my excitement over the thick PBT white/grey keycaps in UK layout; any estimated timeframe Ducky Nordic? Also, I was wondering if the keycaps will stick come with the Fn key etc. but without the holes in the keycaps for the LEDs?
Mackem

Unread post09 Jun 2013, 05:35

X
Mackem

Main keyboard: Filco MJ2 TKL w/ Browns
Main mouse: Razer Deathadder BE
Favorite switch: Cherry MX Brown

Ok, so it's June the 10th. Let's hope for something awesome today! :D
Eyegleam

Unread post10 Jun 2013, 15:45

X
Eyegleam

Haha I am checking like every hour for the mysterious stuff he has for us.

I hope he did not forget about us and brought along some ducky shine 3 tkl German version (Let me have a dream about it atleast)
Kay

Unread post10 Jun 2013, 19:11

X
Kay

Yeah, I'm also waiting what will ducky nordic bring to us!! :)
Explo

Unread post10 Jun 2013, 20:08

X
Explo

We demand our German goodies!! *swinging my pitchfork"

:D
LechnerDE

Unread post10 Jun 2013, 21:11

X
LechnerDE

Main keyboard: Ducky G2Pro TKL
Main mouse: Logitech G500
Favorite switch: MX blue

Also demanding an update on the Mini! :D
plasticchair

Unread post11 Jun 2013, 19:33

X
plasticchair

Main keyboard: 65g linear mx

@Ducky Nordic / teraset

My Ducky Dragon came with a squeaky spacebar. Will it wear off over time or does it have to be lubricated?
villain

Unread post11 Jun 2013, 22:11

X
villain

Here are two imgur guides I found if you decide to go for the lube.

http://imgur.com/a/TpWDP#0
http://imgur.com/a/lhLqo#0
Eyegleam

Unread post11 Jun 2013, 22:25

X
Eyegleam

villain wrote:@Ducky Nordic / teraset

My Ducky Dragon came with a squeaky spacebar. Will it wear off over time or does it have to be lubricated?

Hi M8,

The stabilizers will squek on some bigger keys...some after a while, some from the get go. Kinda inevitable. The stabs should be lubed from time to time and its kinda easy task as you can access the stabs just by taking off the keycap.

There are few guides around with various lube type/brand suggestions. You only need a little so some very small bottle/tube is enough for a long while. Apply lightly and in small measures so you dont drip excess lube needlesly on the pcb.
Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 15:30

X
Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

Main keyboard: Ducky YotS & Mini
Main mouse: Logitech G9x
Favorite switch: MX red/white, topre 30, BS

Welcome back! Hope you have brought lots of good news from Taiwan. :)
BimboBB

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 15:33

X
BimboBB

Main keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 (mx brown)
Main mouse: Cyborg MMO7
Favorite switch: mx red

Refreshing this page every 2 minutes, starting NOW ;)
vorn

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 15:34

X
vorn

vorn wrote:Refreshing this page every 2 minutes, starting NOW ;)

Only every 2 minutes?!

I am constantly spamming F5 until he releases the info for the German stuff :D
LechnerDE

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 15:43

X
LechnerDE

Need that Duckling in my life!!!
vorn

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 15:46

X
vorn

Back from Taiwan

Was a damn nice trip...until i got a flu and was travelling back about 24 hours on 3 airplanes with a running nose :D
Oh well, shit happens as they say.

Anyways, lets get to the keyboards and some updated info:

Ducky Mini ISO
Again i was given information that there are more delays at the factory...but Ducky team said they will pursue the last given deadline for our ISO Mini nevertheless as our ISO order is the original order and the initiator of the whole project for "Ducky mini". So end of june was last given deadline and so the arrival to Europe would be early july.

Ducky year of the Snake
Ok boys and girls, this is one sweet keyboard...and we are getting it in ISO! This is a very pricey one tho. Expect prices beyond 200eur. Details on the actual keyboard are soon to come. The arrival to Europe: early/mid july.

If youve seen some vids from Computex saying this or that model is the YOTS...its not true. The final YOTS setup was decided in the end of computex and none of the diplayed models/protos was the final YOTS.

Ducky Shine 3
Released soon? No...its a paper release in Computex. The keyboard is not finilized yet and will have some changes done to it before production. On smaller details Im personally pursuing for the spacebar to be changed.
Basically Shine3 will not bring radical changes to Shine2. They are structurally the same. Shine3 will have some new led lighting effects and couple RGB leds but beyound that its same keyboard as Shine2. The arrival to Europe: late july/early august.

Ducky Zero S
Lower cost full led backlit keyboard. Small qty arriving late june.

German QWERTZ
Its the BLACK MAMBA TKL (black PBT with engraved German QWERTZ-layout). Details and pics in near days. Arrival: This week.

Ducky Nordic transparent wrist rests
Both Fullsize and TKL. Hard transparent acrylic with a flexible structure. Available end of this week.

Thick blank duotone PBT keycap sets
This has been a pain in the ass for Ducky. Really hard to make and they are behind their schedules about a hundred years. I have a very small qty arriving this week. Only 10 sets. I will have to prioritize these sets to those who are bying/have also bought a board.

I have some pics to show from the trip. Just some shots done here and there. Not much shots of actual keyboards unfortunately as those pictures will follow when all info is public. Also made a short vid to show the traffic on Taipei streets...sooooo many scooters ;p

Ducky Girl :) ...on the keyboard the top case is indeed aluminum

Taiwan 101

The famous Taiwan "dumplings"

Had turtle soup...supposed to be especially good for men ;p

Random shots

Ducky ...uhm...something

Hipro

Roccat Ryos demo in Roccat backroom with Rene Korte

Taiwan beer !!1 Very nice lite beer...cheap too :)

EDIT: added some expl. with pics
Last edited by Ducky Nordic on 12 Jun 2013, 18:27, edited 6 times in total.
Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 16:04

X
Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

Nice post!

Let's hope the Mini really will be available in July :)
LechnerDE

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 16:10

X
LechnerDE

Gosh I hope so! Interesting to see the DSA/SA profile keys on the Realforce! They've certainly been very popular with recent group buys. I'm actually planning on putting a DOLCH ISO DSA set on the Mini, once I've spent all my money and have it all out in front of me :)
vorn

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 16:15

X
vorn

mmmhhh.....dat ducky girl! :)

can you say something about the thick dual pbt in DE? I know it has low priority, but a few germans are quite interested (me too), as there is nearly zero supply of pbt keys for us (except from the vintage stuff).

also why is the year of snake keyboard that expansive? Will it come with the aluminium case?
Last edited by BimboBB on 12 Jun 2013, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
BimboBB

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 16:28

X
BimboBB

Main keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 (mx brown)
Main mouse: Cyborg MMO7
Favorite switch: mx red

If you are going to get any backlit tkl mx red (white led prefably) let me know and I am going to throw my money at you :p
Kay

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 16:35

X
Kay

*drools over asian chicks*

nice keyboards too... ^-^

And welcome back! :D
Paranoid

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 16:41

X
Paranoid

Main keyboard: Filco Majestouch
Main mouse: Razer Lachesis
Favorite switch: Brown MX / Blue ALPS

What keyboards? Oh wait.
webwit
Wild Duck

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 16:52

X
webwit
Wild Duck

Main keyboard: DataHand Pro II
Favorite switch: Buckling spring

Paper launches are weaksauce. I can understand Ducky (like Ducky Nordic) teasing future stuff, but having a whole launch event while the previous generation is discontinued, without having something real to sell? This tactic is madness. And pretty much everyone's doing it these days. "Hey guys, remember to buy this thing! Just hang in there, okay?" Why? The moment people most want something is the very instant they first hear about it. Take their orders before they reconsider! Why lose the advantage of surprise?

Anyways, besides dodgy timetables, Ducky looks pointed in the right direction. Thick blank PBT! Aluminium cases. Well, for the Year of the Quack, hopefully.

Those HiPro caps you noticed on the Realforce, Ducky Nordic: the Cherry equivalent is SA and you'd better believe some of us really want those!

Muirium

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 17:12

X
Muirium

Jasker Muir
Project Andala
Muirium wrote:Paper launches are weaksauce. I can understand Ducky (like Ducky Nordic) teasing future stuff, but having a whole launch event while the previous generation is discontinued, without having something real to sell? This tactic is madness. And pretty much everyone's doing it these days. "Hey guys, remember to buy this thing! Just hang in there, okay?" Why? The moment people most want something is the very instant they first hear about it. Take their orders before they reconsider! Why lose the advantage of surprise?

Anyways, besides dodgy timetables, Ducky looks pointed in the right direction. Thick blank PBT! Aluminium cases. Well, for the Year of the Quack, hopefully.

Those HiPro caps you noticed on the Realforce, Ducky Nordic: the Cherry equivalent is SA and you'd better believe some of us really want those!

Well its a bit more than paper release even if i categorized it as such. There was many prototypes ready with just final tweaks beings decided. Also the event wasnt a Ducky release event as such. Its Computex and every TW company is in a hurry to show the latest progress.
Shine3 is month and a half away altho lots of Shine2 still in the market.

Timetables are always dodgy, especially with small manufacturers. Many models, many requests, limited time and manpower...timetables are screwed the moment they are being said :D

Yes. The HiPro. Had my eyes on it the day it was released. Had a meeting with Topre and...( more to come when things get confirmed :D ) ...yea yea, i know, im being a tease. Cant help it :D
Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 18:01

X
Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

Oh for the love of RealForce! Good luck with the negotiations. Remember to ask about HHKB, of course. And the Topre switch Leopold and the µTron ergo-Topre…
Muirium

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 18:06

X
Muirium

Jasker Muir
Project Andala
@ducky nordic - do you, by any chance, know if there are any plans for the 2087 with QWERTZ layout? and if so, when this might happen?

for anybody wondering what i'm talking about - https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6089_n.jpg
svf

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 20:07

X
svf

So if I understand it correctly - Ducky Zero Shine will be something like Shine 2/3, but just with on/off backlit modes or what are the differencies?

To Ducky Nordic - you say there are shops who still deliver Shine 2, can you please show me some Shine 2 with MX Brown + blue led backlit? I can't find any. My loc is Czech Republic. Thanks
Explo

Unread post12 Jun 2013, 22:37

X
Explo

PreviousNext