GMK mini packs (shipping)

rindorbrot

08 Nov 2013, 23:16

it will be the same yellow as the one in the CMYK Kit, so it's a real yellow.

Edit: ninja'd

Also: Stop switching avatars like every 5 hours 7bit!

7bit

08 Nov 2013, 23:48

I will celebrate CheryMX's birthday for one week, but then I will return back into 7BIT MODE.

Muirium
µ

08 Nov 2013, 23:54

Did you escape from the coffee yet?

I tried that technique quite successfully on a terminal Model M's soft top membrane layer. Two weeks of dry coffee bathing got rid of an ancient curry. Not quite as effective on the cable though.

7bit

08 Nov 2013, 23:58

I still have to put the Rollermouse back together, but it does not smell anymore.

To get back on topic: Curry yellow would be the color!
:-)

edit:

That seems to be OK:
F1-F17 plus the I, II, III, IV keys please.
:-)

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

09 Nov 2013, 00:20

The yellow they used on the old MX board seems to be the more mustard colored variant. Did you take that pic 7bit?

IvanIvanovich

09 Nov 2013, 08:40

Yeah that mock up was pretty shit, but I only slapped it together to illustrate a point about having beige nav keys... to show sort of what it would look like.

GMK have 2 yellow for stock color, the one I used on the CMYK set and intend to use again here on the function row, and another more orangey goldenrod kind of yellow. The yellow used on CMYK is also the same one that EK has for GMK key, if you want to have lots more yellow.

I asked about the numerals keys when I was working up the stuff for the white on dark sets but they told me they did not find those. I don't think most people would have much use for F13+ keys.

bjarven

09 Nov 2013, 10:30

Jo ska kolla sen

Halvar

12 Nov 2013, 00:18

Ordered everything except orange.

This GB deserves way more orders, just remember how fabulous the keys from the last one were!

I'm using purple mods with a black Cherry set every day at work, these are clearly the best (cylindrical?) keycaps you can get for your MX board.

Dubsgalore

12 Nov 2013, 02:57

really, really hope everything hits moq :p

dirge

12 Nov 2013, 08:48

Any pics of GMK's different yellows? I'm in regardless of course!

Grond

12 Nov 2013, 10:27

Any chance to see the modifier retro kit in black instead of white?

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

12 Nov 2013, 11:20

Grond

12 Nov 2013, 11:31

Got one, thanks! But the MOQ seems still far away sadly.

IvanIvanovich

12 Nov 2013, 17:15

Some good news! I arranged to have assorted colors spacebars. You would get one of each 6.25 and 7 spacebar in a random color for only $4.

Enter: SpaceHomeboy will now come with both deepdish and center nub F J keys for small price increase from €11 / $15 to €13 / $18. Revised mock up to follow.

If you would like to add spacebar or otherwise update your order please submit the form again.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

12 Nov 2013, 17:57

Wow that is truly awesome!

Ordered 4 spacebar packs.
Last edited by Broadmonkey on 12 Nov 2013, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

Halvar

12 Nov 2013, 18:02

That sounds great! Is there the usual MOQ on every color/length?

IvanIvanovich

12 Nov 2013, 18:10

Spacebars assorted... the trade off for getting multi color in usual 400 MOQ is I have no control over the colors and how many of each are made in a particular color. Basically made a bargain that allow GMK to get rid of leftover granulate colors.

Grond

12 Nov 2013, 18:16

What about a random grab bag of keycaps of any kind? That may be fun.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

12 Nov 2013, 18:16

That means CMYK and Purple spacebars?! no?

BimboBB

12 Nov 2013, 18:30

Quite interesting with these random spacebar colours. I would be in for a few packs.

What about a "normal" (white and/or black) spacebar pack?

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

12 Nov 2013, 18:50

I think you should update the title to show that there is now the option for cheap ass, rare and mysterious spacebars!

Halvar

12 Nov 2013, 18:58

This has probably been asked before: are these space bars Filco compatible (centered stem), or can they only be used with Cherry keyboards? Or both?

LechnerDE

12 Nov 2013, 19:07

Halvar wrote:This has probably been asked before: are these space bars Filco compatible (centered stem), or can they only be used with Cherry keyboards? Or both?
They have 4 stems so they can be used with modern Filco style boards and vintage Cherry boards if I am not totally mistaken :)

IvanIvanovich

12 Nov 2013, 19:26

Oh yes the 6.25 are universal for both Cherry and standard stem mount position. Just going to do these random color thing for now because MOQ, will do single specific color at later times.

I've asked about purchasing in bulk overrun and production error keys to make grab bags, it may be possible next year.

Halvar

12 Nov 2013, 21:16

Thanks Ivan and Lechner! Added.

Jmneuv

17 Nov 2013, 22:24

Just a quick point that might help a bit with presentation/moq:
you could state the actual colors+set similarities clearer (like "CMY-YMC Esc-pack") and maybe either try to photoshop the colors closer to reality or put real color samples next to them;
also maybe some of the "mandatory" combo samples on keyboard-mockups?

i observed in various GBs that people are somewhat reluctant to use and trust their imagination so i think the presentation should be very detailed for MAX success (superfluous ofc if you're selling cases or 60% stuff :p )

Apologies for being a pedant, i'm trying to contain it best i can.

IvanIvanovich

30 Nov 2013, 21:55

Close date extended to January.

I've been meaning to get some photos up of actual keys, but I haven't been able to get a hold of a digital camera.

IvanIvanovich

08 Dec 2013, 00:38

Finally got a picture of actual colors in OP.

Jmneuv

08 Dec 2013, 00:45

If people would now only finally understand how good the retro mods would be!!

IvanIvanovich

08 Dec 2013, 01:13

Indeed, I think it looks dead sexy.

Return to “Group buys”