[For sale] Logitech G11 Keycaps

If anyone is interested in these, I have no need for keycaps from a Logitech G11 keyboard (EXCLUDING THE PROGRAMMABLE G1-G18 KEYS).

I am working on a project for have my own little programmable G1-G18 keys w/o the whole board, that is why I am getting rid of the others.

Edit: As far as I have been told, these keycaps also will work with the G15.

Here is a crude microsoft paint image that shows what keycaps you'll be getting. Stabilizers included!

Last edited by Trent on 02 Apr 2012, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Trent

Unread post07 Mar 2012, 05:33

X
Trent

Main keyboard: IBM Model M

[offtopic:] Good to know i'm not the only one planning to do nasty things like that :D

Are you posting a modlog or anything by any chance?
I still haven't even tested the rollover on the g-keys..
Difference is though that I'm in it for the LCD mostly, the plan is kinda like the g13, a halfkeyboard gamepad/music/shortcutcontroller. Shame I just ripped the lcd-cable though :''| So gotta get me a replacement for that out of some old abused g15 i guess. And there's the rippin apart the pcb thing to cut down it's size (it's freaking huge!). Ofcourse the idea is to make it mechanical though- you planning to go down that route? [/offtopic]
off

Unread post16 Mar 2012, 17:11

X
off

salt/sambal not included
I have already began a significant amount of the process, I don't think I'll be creating a super in depth modlog. Really I don't have the patience to make all of my projects look like pure gold so I don't see the need to make a log. I'll take some images as I go but really I just cut the membrane so that the G keys can still function, then I am gonna snap the case back together and crudely dremel/bandsaw the G section off of it heh
Trent

Unread post18 Mar 2012, 20:00

X
Trent

Seeing how the pcb is around 23cm and the keyb depth only around 21 including the handle, where'you gonna put that? (visualising you are gonna make a G-key pad, so rest of keyboard gone)
*edit: Admittedly it seems pretty doable (and what I'm planning anyway) to split the pcb just right from the right screwnotch (so before the second pair of three pushbuttons), and just reconnect it with wires; -but- stashing the pcb below the keys is gonna make the board a fair bit higher.. your plan?
off

Unread post20 Mar 2012, 11:57

X
off

salt/sambal not included
BTW, the G11 keys seem exactly like the G15, might want to change the topic title to reflect that ;)

and to continue the threadjack,
ah! maybe the g11 pcb is way smaller- but still, gl in finding a spot for that to hide in inside the G-key-only-case
off

Unread post02 Apr 2012, 16:08

X
off

salt/sambal not included
off wrote:Seeing how the pcb is around 23cm and the keyb depth only around 21 including the handle, where'you gonna put that? (visualising you are gonna make a G-key pad, so rest of keyboard gone)
*edit: Admittedly it seems pretty doable (and what I'm planning anyway) to split the pcb just right from the right screwnotch (so before the second pair of three pushbuttons), and just reconnect it with wires; -but- stashing the pcb below the keys is gonna make the board a fair bit higher.. your plan?

off wrote:BTW, the G11 keys seem exactly like the G15, might want to change the topic title to reflect that ;)

and to continue the threadjack,
ah! maybe the g11 pcb is way smaller- but still, gl in finding a spot for that to hide in inside the G-key-only-case

You will see the plan when it happens :lol:

Right now the keyboard and all parts are at home, I have a lot of RL things I am taking care of for a few months. When I make the mod I will show you the results of it. It isn't going to be pretty in any fashion, so don't expect much. I won't say much, but I will say that the PCB does fit in a spot. It may or may not be the programmable keypad itself. Who knows maybe I am integrating it into a Model M 8-)

I'll link a workshop post when the time comes, I just don't want to muck up the marketplace with an item no one obviously wants.
Trent

Unread post02 Apr 2012, 21:59

X
Trent

^^ do post that, curious what your plan/outcome will be!
and yeah, I initially responded to note that I'll have at least one full set of G15 caps to spare and prob another when I grab one to regain a working lcd; but my enthusiasm took over :P
off

Unread post04 Apr 2012, 15:22

X
off

salt/sambal not included
G11 same as the original G15

G15 v2 has less G keys
andrewjoy

Unread post19 Apr 2012, 07:59

X
andrewjoy

Main keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra T
Main mouse: Razer Death Adder
Favorite switch: MX Brown / Complicated White ALPS

and it's orange.
off

Unread post19 Apr 2012, 10:35

X
off

salt/sambal not included
So I just learned that the Logitech G13 exists... And this is exactly what I have been looking for...

I'll still do this modification but I have a feeling that a G13 will be purchased very VERY soon...

Trent
Trent

Unread post21 Apr 2012, 08:39

X
Trent

off wrote:the plan is kinda like the g13, a halfkeyboard gamepad/music/shortcutcontroller

a month later
Trent wrote:So I just learned that the Logitech G13 exists...

eh
But yeah, it looks preeeetty nice, apart from not being mechanical.
off

Unread post21 Apr 2012, 13:26

X
off

salt/sambal not included
Yeah I didn't bother to research it, I figured it was just another series of the same old Logitech keyboards. Ive owned G11 (obviously) and G15 and assumed this was just the same for some reason.
Trent

Unread post22 Apr 2012, 04:02

X
Trent

Trent wrote:Yeah I didn't bother to research it, I figured it was just another series of the same old Logitech keyboards. Ive owned G11 (obviously) and G15 and assumed this was just the same for some reason.

Well you were right, it is. Just a rubberdome. With a display.
Just look like it has way better ergonomics ;) Think I heard the stick was crap, despite them making the right choice putting a controller joystick there.
off

Unread post22 Apr 2012, 04:43

X
off

salt/sambal not included
I'll still do the G11 mod when I get the time, but am going to by a G13 in the mean time as that is the kind of product I am looking for right now.

My desk setup is going to look REALLY wierd with an IBM SSK in the middle, Logitech G13 on the left and wireless Logitech M570 trackball mouse LOL

On a side note, please let this thread die as it has become not a market related thread, we can talk about the G13 and the mod elsewhere when I finally post a thread in the workshop forum.
Trent

Unread post23 Apr 2012, 00:06

X
Trent