[GB:Production] Orange Half-life Lambda key from QWERKeys

danielucf

24 Jul 2012, 09:09

dko2o wrote:off topic question, but can we order other keycap from qwer keys through this gb? I really want a reddit alien..
This is a lambda key group buy. Maybe after this one is done I'll do a reddit alien and another key at the same time.

Hiccup

24 Jul 2012, 19:15

3 for me! Thank you! I'm going to fill the form! China.

maxrunner

25 Jul 2012, 16:44

How's this, i confirmed 3 lambda keys. :P

maxrunner

25 Jul 2012, 16:49

danielucf wrote:
dko2o wrote:off topic question, but can we order other keycap from qwer keys through this gb? I really want a reddit alien..
This is a lambda key group buy. Maybe after this one is done I'll do a reddit alien and another key at the same time.

Oh i can't remember if i filled the form, the name is on the list tough...:P

danielucf

25 Jul 2012, 23:56

maxrunner wrote:
danielucf wrote:

Oh i can't remember if i filled the form, the name is on the list tough...:P
If you are on the list you filled the form

Jelly

26 Jul 2012, 17:02

Cool. I filled the form for 3 keys to Sweden. I wish there was a key with the Steam logo to match it with.

What's the status on the European distribution?

danielucf

26 Jul 2012, 21:51

Sleabo said we could do one split. So if it is easier for someone in the UK to send all over Europe, or from Germany or where ever I'm ok with it. I just don't want the shipping to be more expensive than I could do it from the US. I'd also like to know if the person shipping from Europe would ship to the Australian, Chinese, etc orders.

danielucf

27 Jul 2012, 20:09

Last bump, closing today. I will start sending out invoices this weekend.

maxrunner

27 Jul 2012, 23:23

Nice.

danielucf

30 Jul 2012, 00:31

hoggy wrote:I'm happy enough to do it.

I would suggest that I split out all of the UK keys and send them individually, but send out the European caps in batches, (probably by country) as it will heaps cheaper that way.

Gives me an excuse to make another order with sleabo.

I'm sure there's plenty of people on DT to vouch for me if that's a problem.
Are you still interested in handling at least the UK shipping if not the rest of Europe and potentially some of the other non USA orders? Surprisingly the split of orders was almost 50/50 USA/Rest of the world.

I've done the US invoices since I know how shipping for them is going to work. Tomorrow I'll get a more information on the rest of the shipping and finish the rest of the invoices. How much is shipping from the UK to the countries I listed earlier? QWERKeys charges 4.50 pounds which seems considerably more expensive than parcel post in a bubble mailer. I need a rough estimate just in case.

danielucf

30 Jul 2012, 22:47

So I'm starting to decide that parcel post is a good enough shipping method that maybe it isn't worth the trouble getting another person in Europe to ship from across the pond. Splitting the shipment, and the money for shipping, and sharing all the contact lists and invoicing, etc. If someone in England gets a plastic keycap are they going to pay that much in taxes on it?
I really need convincing that splitting this is the right thing to do. I've received things parcel post, or equivalent from China and Canada, and they have been fine. I know how to package keycaps after getting 10+ different bubble mailers in the last few months :P
Thoughts?

Djuzuh

30 Jul 2012, 22:59

The thing is, if the package gets taken by the US customs, everybody is fucked.

So it's a gamble.

Whereas if we proxy in the UK, everybody in the EU will for sure get no custom taxes at all, and the package will be smaller, and be truly P2P, so it will have a lot more chances to slip threw the american customs.

That's the only problem.

danielucf

30 Jul 2012, 23:05

It will cost more for shipping from the UK to other places than 1.2733 British pounds I suspect. If it costs 2 or 3 pounds I think that will be more than the tax on a very cheap item. Not to mention everyone outside the US will get their keys faster if I ship them when I get them instead of another party getting them and shipping to a proxy in each country.

danielucf

31 Jul 2012, 05:57

Phew all invoicing done so for the next week or so I'll keep updating who has paid and get the order placed as soon as possible.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

31 Jul 2012, 13:31

Received and paid.

Hiccup

03 Aug 2012, 20:19

Invoice paid! Thanks!

wilsongunawan

04 Aug 2012, 11:10

invoice paid, sorry for the delay.

danielucf

06 Aug 2012, 05:14

Only 10 people left to pay and the deadline is August 10th. Want to get these ordered soon.

danielucf

08 Aug 2012, 06:08

Keys are in production, 9 more to pay up.

andrewjoy

08 Aug 2012, 13:20

Pay up or i will come and sit on you (before getting a shower) until you pay and you don't want that.

danielucf

10 Aug 2012, 04:14

6 more to pay, sent PMs out to those left.

Ascaii
The Beard

10 Aug 2012, 10:02

For some reason you didn't put me on the list, danielucf. You can find my post on page 1.
I would still want to get 4. Please send me an invoice.

danielucf

10 Aug 2012, 23:02

Only 4 orders totaling 10 keys unpaid. Not too bad by payment deadline and one of those orders may trickle in any day. The remaining three I have not heard back from yet but am still not sure when the keys will get to me from the UK, or when Hoggy will get his keys for the Europe orders.
Going to start getting shipping labels ready so as soon as the keys arrive I can get them out ASAP.

HzFaq

26 Aug 2012, 21:46

Any news on this?

danielucf

28 Aug 2012, 03:17

Keys are finished and should be getting to myself and hoggy any day now.

hoggy

30 Aug 2012, 20:57

Some keys arrived today - looking good.

Caption competition anyone?

danielucf

30 Aug 2012, 23:41

hoggy got his bulk of keys as you can see for European shipping first because he is in the UK and QWERKeys is in the UK. I expect to get my bulk of keys this week or next week and start shipping right away. A couple days after everything is shipped I will start a left overs sale.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

31 Aug 2012, 00:12

This will look awesome beside my portal gb2 set : )

maxrunner

31 Aug 2012, 20:55

How are these shippments?

regards,

danielucf

01 Sep 2012, 00:01

Europe will start when ever hoggy starts shipping. I will start US, Canada, Asia, Australia, anything not Europe as soon as I get my bunch of the keys.

Return to “Group buys”