I decided to do a tenkeyless mod, a quick and dirty one, just for the sake of doing it. It turned out quite well (methinks) and since I don't have any need for it, I'll auction it here - maybe someone does.
What you'll get:
- 11800 Spacesaver Shellmod, cut, epoxy'd, sanded, ready for painting.
- 11800 PCB mod to fit the case, replaced browns with blacks, cut, 2 jumper wires, fully functional, 85 keys, no winkeys ofc.
- 2 PS/2 cables, modded with braided fiber (one ~1,6m from a cherry 1800, one ~1,2m generic, with different braid pattern).
- a spare mat of foam rubber, self addhesive, self cut, I use this as feet (bettter than rubber imo)
- the one remaing case screw (of the 11) whose socket couldn't be maintained (lower rigth corner)
- no keycaps. However since most of the keycaps of any ISO G80-3k 102 keys will fit physically (apart from the right shift one, which requires a 2.0 unit) I'll throw in an 85key set of:
MX1800 thin PBT keycaps in bright white, not really fitting, Ctrl, Alt, Space are too small, but the right shift (1.75) will fit (unstabilized) to a 102 Keyset. The del, end, page down, roll row might be needed to fit the rows shape/height.
This is all Frankenstein, so consider it a bonus to a capless board.
Without further ado, this is what it looks like with a (non included) set of 102 key double shots...:
Case has now the size of 33,5cm length x 19,3cm depth. The adjustable height is lost ofc.
PCB in case, cable rerouted to the left...
Case, feet, bottom.
Case inside, reinforcement plates, epoxy, etc...
case outside, feet, shape, etc...
case outside, clearances, gaps, "finished appearance"
internals, rerouting the cable, etc..
fitting the PCB internal, upper case, jumper wire job
keycap fitting/height/profile 102 HAD set...(not included)
what you'll get (apart from the DS caps) - and white sheet of paper for colour comparison..
just for the buyer and reference: wiring of generic PS/2 cable that has no socket, just single plugs (fits not well but works)
Things I'ld like to mention:
- This is a quick hack, it works, is solid as OEM, flush surface, corners and fitting, all cuts filled, but it is imo (!) not "the best you can do", or at least not the best I can do... The top right corner bothers me most, its not perfectly in line see pics
- This Mod was designed to be painted, meaning: upside is sanded with 180 paper, bottom and sides with 120. May have some 120 roughness on side and bottom, designed to be plastic primed, fillered, coloured. Therefore its a fine surface on top, no more cherry OEM goosebumps/roughness.
- case is washed, PBTs @ 40°C, but I'm a smoker. self-indictment here. In case you're sensual you might want to rewash.
Starting bid is 20€ exl Shipping, all bids in €s please...
Location is Germany. Bank transfer or Paypal as gift is possible. Shipping will be the cheapest way possible, prefered is insured track and traceable, otherwise at buyers own risk. Most likely DHL. Can be international at then higher cost ofc.
Auction runs 5 days, bidding ends Monday, 21th May, 20:00 (CEST, i.e. German time). Click here for this time in your time zone.
Any questions: feel free to ask. More pics upon request. Thanks for your interest...