CDC predicts how you will die based on where u live

elecplus

14 Jun 2015, 16:52

Kind of a misleading title, since it actually shows how people DID die, not what is coming up! In TX it says I will die of TB, in FL I will die from HIV, and in 3 western states I might get shot by the police. Hmmm...
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1r8GZA/46 ... e-you-live

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Jun 2015, 17:21

Jeez that's the most depressing map I have ever seen. :roll:

Look at the description for "W"...slighty unspecific.

So Texas had that much of a tuberculosis problem?

Muirium
µ

14 Jun 2015, 17:30

I'm not even clicking on that. Getting executed by the police as the main cause of death? Yeah… millions per year man. Fight the power.

elecplus

14 Jun 2015, 17:35

Death by cops used to be fairly uncommon, but the other day the cops shot and killed a man SLEEPING in his car because they saw a handgun. Yet the guy who raped his 5-yr old niece got away with 10 months probation. And the parents who kept their 3 kids in cages had no charges pressed at all, but fortunately they did lose the kids. The justice system makes little sense to me any more.

Muirium
µ

14 Jun 2015, 18:15

I don't doubt it's a problem over there. But do the mental arithmetic on how many people die every day in a place and you'll see what I mean. There are millions of us! Humans die a lot. Even a few police murders every single night wouldn't twitch the needle in an average city.

SL89

14 Jun 2015, 18:27

W for me. Maybe it stands for 'Who Knows?'

fohat
Elder Messenger

16 Jun 2015, 15:16

R is almost as non-specific as W.

How strange that here in Georgia, headquarters of the CDC, we are in such "unknown territory" ......

Return to “Off-topic”