Deskthority Secret Santa 2015

shrubbry

14 Nov 2015, 01:51

Damn globalization. Maple syrup used to be an easy go-to for intercontinental gifts. Same with Mexican food staples. (And both easy to find in California.) Now a quick online search shows them available in every major European city.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Nov 2015, 10:35

hear hear

my giftee is shy :)

Muirium
µ

18 Nov 2015, 18:32

Oh shit, it's not me!

Madhias
BS TORPE

18 Nov 2015, 20:21

Santa was fast this year :)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Nov 2015, 20:23

Don't open yet Madhias, and no, as you can see I'm not your secret Santa! ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Nov 2015, 20:25

Don't listen to him :) open it and eat everything that look edible!

seebart

18 Nov 2015, 20:26

matt3o wrote: Don't listen to him :) open it and eat everything that look edible!
:o :roll:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

18 Nov 2015, 20:27

I think I said yet nothing to my expectations. I like alps switches more than cherry mx switches. I have already cherry mx blacks in every kind and age, so please no more :) . If my secret santa comes from another country, special things or food that I cant buy here are also a cool present.

Muirium
µ

19 Nov 2015, 21:08

Anyone know if there's a way to view a list of all the DT Wiki pages a given user has edited? I'm still sleuthing my giftee, and others might find this a useful trick too…

JBert

19 Nov 2015, 21:16

If you know the user name you can find his/her edits through http://deskthority.net/wiki/Special:Contributions

Muirium
µ

19 Nov 2015, 21:19

That's pretty good, thanks! It's particularly flattering at first glance, in my lazy arsed case:

http://deskthority.net/w/index.php?titl ... 5&month=-1

Until you look at the date column.

seebart

19 Nov 2015, 22:06

Muirium wrote: Anyone know if there's a way to view a list of all the DT Wiki pages a given user has edited? I'm still sleuthing my giftee, and others might find this a useful trick too…
I like that. :mrgreen:

http://deskthority.net/w/index.php?titl ... namespace=

Look at that formidable list of work I put in, just for that I should get XXXL gifts. :evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

19 Nov 2015, 22:12

I will accept DisplayWriters, if necessary. (The one I posted on the Wiki belongs to an actual museum, rather than my own personal one.)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

19 Nov 2015, 22:13

I'm hoping to pack and ship my item this weekend. It could take anywhere from one day to four weeks to arrive at its destination. If it is early: open it soon for edibles, I'll pack it in such a way that a surprise is not spoiled. If it is late: well, sorry, all the postal services are quite busy this time of year.

photekq
Cherry Picker

19 Nov 2015, 22:31

I won't be able to ship mine until around the 14th, as I get back from university on the 11th.. I do apologise if it ends up being late, but I have absolutely nothing here at university that I can send! :oops: I'll pay for fast shipping to lower the chances of it being late though.

Muirium
µ

19 Nov 2015, 22:40

Or you could pull a 002 and order something from a store instead of from your stash.

I will obviously not be doing this. I'm Scottish! Stash it is…

seebart

19 Nov 2015, 22:54

Mine has been on the way for a couple of days since it's got quite a way to travel also I did not use the german imperial star port since that is jam packed this time of the year and the light speed delivery option is way too expensive. :mrgreen:
19851.png
19851.png (207.99 KiB) Viewed 3386 times

Ray

20 Nov 2015, 14:30

Muirium wrote: I will accept DisplayWriters, if necessary. (The one I posted on the Wiki belongs to an actual museum, rather than my own personal one.)
Your own personal keyboard Mu-seum?

Sorry, I had to do it :?

Muirium
µ

20 Nov 2015, 15:39

The µseum… I like it.

Anyway, if my Santa is flummoxed by the challenge, an IBM-weight of chocolate is a sound backup plan!

scottc

20 Nov 2015, 15:59

photekq wrote: I won't be able to ship mine until around the 14th, as I get back from university on the 11th.. I do apologise if it ends up being late, but I have absolutely nothing here at university that I can send! :oops: I'll pay for fast shipping to lower the chances of it being late though.
Same story here! Just not for university.

LeandreN

22 Nov 2015, 13:55

I'm in ! :D

EDIT: i suppose it is way to late, 7bit?

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2015, 14:04

Depends how much you like coal…

7bit

22 Nov 2015, 14:18

scottc wrote:
photekq wrote: I won't be able to ship mine until around the 14th, as I get back from university on the 11th.. I do apologise if it ends up being late, but I have absolutely nothing here at university that I can send! :oops: I'll pay for fast shipping to lower the chances of it being late though.
Same story here! Just not for university.
How times have changed!
:?

In my days, there was plenty of cool stuff lying around.
:evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2015, 15:34

By the time you left, it was all gone. No one ever did figure out why…

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

23 Nov 2015, 15:07

I broke the "unspoken rule" of not buying stuff. My giftee is on the other side of the word and shipping of said gift would be more expensive than buying it locally and having it shiped :lol:

Muirium
µ

23 Nov 2015, 15:10

That rule only applies to cheapskates like me. Good on you!

seebart

23 Nov 2015, 15:11

Seems quite a few users got giftee's on the other side of the world, wonder if that's due to 7bit's permutations. :evilgeek:

Halvar

23 Nov 2015, 15:25

A parcel has been sent. I won't say where from, where to, when, how, with what and why.

Also, I will remind everyone that according to the rules you can open your gift early if you quote St. Nikolaus day which is on the 6th of december. This thread is more fun with more appreciation time per parcel!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Nov 2015, 15:29

we are still waiting Madhias' pictures :)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

23 Nov 2015, 19:27

Halvar wrote: A parcel has been sent. I won't say where from, where to, when, how, with what and why.
I will say the same! :lol:

If I shipped domestically within the US, then whoever is getting my package will be in for a nice surprise. If I shipped internationally, there will be a nice surprise too, but a smaller one, in order to make the cutoff for cheap shipping.

Fun times.

Return to “Off-topic”