How to place a Tenso order without a Japanese billing address?

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

19 Feb 2015, 18:37

I'm trying to buy this:

http://www.diatec.co.jp/shop/det.php?prod_c=1476

(Filco Spherical double shots - too impatient to wait for Round 5a, though I'm not doing a CLEARALL yet.)

I registered with Tenso, figured out how to use their shipping address, registered with Diatec, and managed, somehow, to enter account information and shipping information correctly. :phew:

But - when offered a billing address, I only have options of: Bank transfer, cash on delivery, credit card. Tenso explicitly does *not* do cash on delivery, and Diatec only has a facility to enter a Japan billing address.

Suggestions welcome. Maybe I'll just be patient. I bet I'll get to visit Japan before Round 5a is done. :lol:

(There is a fellow over on Geekhack selling these for slightly more than they go for direct from Japan. Maybe I'll just get them from him. I'm going to have to wait for shipping from halfway round the world regardless. :roll: )

Muirium
µ

19 Feb 2015, 20:17

Hmm. I think you're better off second hand. Ask the guy for pictures. These sets have a bad reputation for high error rate…

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/fil ... ilit=filco

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

19 Feb 2015, 20:20

Yeah, I've heard about the error rate (and am familiar with that thread). Maybe I should just wait for a Japan trip then. If I get any defects I can walk in and get a replacement. :-D

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

27 Feb 2015, 13:10

I e-mailed Diatec customer support at info@diatec.co.jp with this question:

"Hello - How am I able to buy items through your Web site if I live in
the United States? I did not see any options in the Japanese section
of your site for international shipping or paying with a billing
address outside of Japan. There are some items that are only available
in the Japanese section of your site, such as double shot spherical
key caps."

The response was:

"Dear Valued customer,

Thank you for the enquiry and interests shown in FILCO products.

Our Japanese online shopping web site is only for domestic destination
and is not systemized to accept an international orders.

If you are interested in purchasing our online products,
we would be willing to help you ship an order internationally via emailing.

Should you have any questions, please let us know by return.

Thank you. "

This is as far as I've gotten, but, I suspect I could e-mail, receive an invoice, pay via PayPal or credit card, and either have them mail me directly or give them my Tenso.com shipping address.

I also contacted Tenso.com. They are not a buying service. They suggest using Buyee to bid on Yahoo! Japan auctions but that's it.

At this point I'm just going to wait for Round 5a. Having more keycaps than keyboards to put them on is not the problem I want to have right now.

Return to “Off-topic”