Chinese Razer... Real of Fake?

ShuttleMunky

22 Jul 2012, 13:37

I wonder the deathadder and abyssus listed in these links are geniune razer products or are those chinesemade cheap stuff...
It says OEM boxed... How can real products be oem boxed?

Deathadders are listed as low as 27 bucks and Abyssus for as low as 18 bucks...

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... 0&manual=y

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... 0&manual=y

Any ideas?

Maarten

22 Jul 2012, 15:20

Those could be anything from indeed the real thing (that probably did not pass QC or something) to cheaply made budget copies. No easy way to tell really. The only guarantee to get the real deal, new, with warranty, is to buy from a official sales rep.

OEM boxing could be the case if these mice for example were intended to be shipped with gaming-laptops or something.

Trent

24 Aug 2012, 02:35

Is there an update? Did you purchase one? I'm interested to find out whether these were fake or not, my guess is fake.

realex

01 Nov 2012, 13:15

anyone tried these? willing to stack up for the decades to come.

Pby

28 Nov 2012, 05:56

It's counterfeit. You'll get a product that resembles a razer mouse but it'll be as good as your $5 optical mouse in reality.

naisanza

30 Nov 2012, 16:02

For $20 and free shipping, I'd say it's a good risk to take. If it turns out to be a fake, then you're only out $20.

JBert

03 Dec 2012, 20:19

You are encouraging those counterfeiters though, and that is not a good idea.

naisanza

03 Dec 2012, 23:12

I retract my last post.

I bought a Logitech Mouseman once that turned out to be fake. The emotional impact was quite devastating. I would probably put money on it being fake. Leave it.

TDub

04 Dec 2012, 09:46

Not only are you encouraging counterfeiters, importing them is most likely illegal (I know it is in Germany) and you can get fined for it.

sephylu

31 Dec 2012, 23:58

the price of a deathadder standard edition should not be less than 32 bucks, excluding shipping cost.

There are some fake ones in China, so don't feel excited when you see the attractive price.

Emmiya

28 Mar 2013, 17:50

Well... ordered a few, will let you know how it turns out.

reading the comments, it appears that they are indeed official QA fails and/or cheap nock-offs with potential faults(e.g. scroll wheel not working).

Hell, even if it is DoA, it's only $10, worth it just to salvage for parts.

realex

29 Mar 2013, 02:13

Please post some pics when you receive them.

ne0phyte
Toast.

29 Mar 2013, 02:16

I ordered something on Aliexpress once... Never again.
Turned out the seller was a scammer and it took Aliexpress almost 1.5 months to refund my my money AFTER they told me that the seller was a scammer.
It was a really bad experience overall and I won't order there again.

realex

29 Mar 2013, 13:27

was expecting sth. like this. my guess was indian fast food delivery service in the first place.

Emmiya

30 Mar 2013, 03:25

Oh lawd, what have I let myself in for *checks bank account*

Emmiya

13 Apr 2013, 16:50

Well, figured i'd post an update.
apparently "The supplier has shipped your order".

Given a tracking number, however it brings up no results on the Royal-Mail website, and I cannot access the Chinese mail site he has supposedly used.

It also states the shipping will take between 15-29 days, So i'll give it until the 15th, and if there's still no tracking info i'll dispute the payment. You would assume that there would be at least something on it 15 days into the order.

Edit: oh bollocks, doubleposted >.< could have swore that I clicked edit.

Emmiya

26 Apr 2013, 23:10

Triple-post time!

So these arrived today...

The boxes are battered to fuck from the posting, but that's to be expected. After all they're only pieces of cardboard anyway, as long as the product works who cares, right.

As someone who has purchased many razer products, the first thing to note would be they have made a nice pseudo-razer box. It's obviously a knock-off, but if you've never owned more than a single razer product, you probably wouldn't be able to tell if it wasn't for the chinese writing. Extra Pic.

Next onto the non-mice contents(Didn't take a picture as it's not really important) They've done a good job, providing a dual-language Manual, as well as a "certificate of authenticity". However this gave this away to me that it was definitely a knock off. They were simply printed on regular a4 paper and cut to shape, whereas razer's are printed on a form of soft-card. feels a lot higher quality, but in the end it doesn't matter at all.

Anyway, on to the actual mice! surprisingly they're actually amazing quality. Honestly, I'm going to go out on a limb and state they feel as good as, if not better than the standard razer abyssus. Neither were DoA, LED works on both, all mouse buttons work(including dip switches for sensitivity/polling). I just can't get over how high of a quality they feel.

The only single gripe I have personally is that the scroll-wheel is a bit further inside the mouse than the traditional Razer versions. Note: they may look like they're taken at different angles, however they are the same, it was a bit difficult to show it off in any other way.

Either way, well worth the price in my opinion, a nice little "backup" mouse in case my main(and other 2 backups Q_Q) die, considering it only costs 1/6th of the price with free delivery.

Muirium
µ

27 Apr 2013, 10:51

Nice info, thanks. I may be in the market for my first wired mouse in donkey's years — hitting my paired hosts limit in Bluetooth too much now — and this looks more of an option than I'd ever guessed.

Jmneuv

27 Apr 2013, 12:33

Those got the right prize at least .. razer products are the real scam.

Elrick

26 Sep 2013, 02:34

Jmneuv wrote:Those got the right prize at least .. razer products are the real scam.
It's funny to read this, a COPY that is actually better than the Real Item. That's absolutely Golden. Imagine a Company like Razer charging so much money for rubbish gear yet some no name manufacturer puts out a product with the proper price tag and it's better :lol: .

Just says it all. The Copies are far better in quality than the real thing. Always avoid Razer gear like a plague.

RFV

10 Nov 2013, 17:11

A Review of the £21.56 Razer Deathadder 3.5G from China.

I wanted a replacement for my 3 year old Razer Deathadder 3.5G which has just started ghost clicking. I found the Man Leung Shop on Ali Express selling the ... "Razer Deathadder 3500DPI gaming mouse, Brand new, free shipping, Without Retail packing for US $34.19, approximately UK £21.56" and ordered one which I've been using for a week. It arrived in the UK 13 days after placing the order, there was no customs duty payable. The mouse was well packaged & protected and after unboxing it I have to say the mouse does look and feel like a genuine Deathadder product, the dimensions, weight, left/right click pressure, side button placement and scroll wheel are similar to the one I bought 3 years ago, even the Razer logo stamped into the usb plug is the same. I installed the drivers set up the dpi and sensitivity, turned on the light breathing, and I've been gaming with it for a week and love it.

I've posted two images of the markings on the underside, the one on the left is my original Deathadder 3.5G purchased 3 years ago from Scan UK, the one on the right is my new Deathadder 3.5G purchased from Man Leung's shop in China. I can't see any differences and if there are I can't tell when I'm gaming with the new mouse. Hope this review is of help.

Last edited by RFV on 10 Nov 2013, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

Diltez

10 Nov 2013, 21:06

From personal experience, fake.
very good looking fake, though.

I had one and I couldn't tell the difference from a real deathadder I owned, and was generally happy due to the low price. (Cost $29, later dropped to ~20)

Sooner or later it broke. when trying to fix it, I've opened the mouse only to discover cheap components, which look like they were soldered by hand... :lol:

In short, lesson learned

RFV

10 Nov 2013, 21:11

from the Man Leung Shop ... how long did it last ?

Ekaros

10 Nov 2013, 21:43

Jmneuv wrote:Those got the right prize at least .. razer products are the real scam.
Yes, the shape is the good part, the quality not so... Hmm, not sure if I look into these next...

cinnamoncider

24 Dec 2013, 05:44

Don't trust Chinese products!

Vierax

24 Dec 2013, 09:16

cinnamoncider wrote:Don't trust Chinese products!
The vast majority of electronic components and electric devices comes from PRC. :roll:
I know it's the period of the year when you drink Glühwein but you really should slow down. :? Welcome here and Merry Christmas.

cinnamoncider

25 Dec 2013, 07:15

Vierax wrote: The vast majority of electronic components and electric devices comes from PRC. :roll:
I'm pertaining to products that may possible be counterfeited by China. I'm fair aware that most products are manufactured/assembled in the mainland because of low labor cost. So if the price of the product is doubtful just make sure that your purchasing from legit dealers :D
Vierax wrote: I know it's the period of the year when you drink Glühwein but you really should slow down. :? Welcome here and Merry Christmas.
Thank you for that. Merry Christmas to you too ;)

Emmiya

27 Dec 2013, 00:37

Pretty sure everyone knew them risks when purchasing something from China :P

Cheap price = expect a cheap item, then be pleasantly surprised if its good quality/works(like I was).
Still got 2 good quality "razer" mice out of it. Might try to mod some thumb-buttons on one of them, considering there's not a single mouse out there which is built to the specs I like.
(same size/shape/style of Abyssus with two thumb buttons on the right side of the mouse only).
Stupid me for learning with my left hand. Tapian makes a good replacement for now, but keep hitting the left-side thumb buttons with my ring/pinky.

RFV

27 Jan 2015, 15:05

purchased a Ducky Zero Mechanical Keyboard and Razer DeathAdder 3G mouse from Man leung Gamer in 2013, both still going strong, in fact the mouse has outlasted a genuine Deathadder which failed with a faulty left-click button. They are clones, but they're extremely high quality clones.

cookie

27 Jan 2015, 17:41

I think it is not very hard to produce a better product than razer do... they worth a third the money of the actual price.
I do like the shape of a deathadder, but anything else is garbage! I must admit that it is acutally very hard to find a nice mouse nowadays, most of them are just too flimsy and/or overblown with "features" noone needs...

Anyway, I am glad your fake razer withstands the tooth of time better than the original :D

Return to “Mice & other input devices”