Screen Protector as Mouse Feet

Spotty1125

03 Jun 2014, 02:32

I always used tape on top of my worn out mouse feet, but those wore out rather quickly.
So then I remembered that I kept an old screen protector from a few months ago when I took it off my phone, and decided to give it a try. I cut pieces out of it that roughly fits the mouse feet on my mouse, and used the original adhesive from the screen protector and it sticks okay.

The result is amazing. The mouse glides like it has never before. Besides, the screen protector could be cut up into so many pieces that could be enough replacement mouse feet for years.

Sorry if everyone knew this already, I just thought that maybe there would be people would benefit from this. I searched and didn't find anyone else said something like this. :?

the1onewolf

03 Jun 2014, 04:50

That's neat.
What mouse are you using?

Paranoid Android

26 Oct 2014, 19:11

A cheap Logitech M100, I actually find it quite pleasant to use. (I used to be Spotty1125)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

28 Oct 2014, 08:03

(I used to be Spotty1125)
:lol: welcome to your new world!

Paranoid Android

24 Dec 2014, 02:04

seebart wrote:
(I used to be Spotty1125)
:lol: welcome to your new world!
Yup.
I seem to reply to posts I should have replied to months ago.

watson

05 Jan 2015, 22:22

Trying this~!

Mal-2

02 Feb 2015, 06:47

I know most people wouldn't have these lying around, but there are thin, sticky pads designed to bulk up the girth of woodwind mouthpieces so that overly large (or stretched out) ligatures can still be tightened enough to hold the reed in place. These are NOT the same as tooth protectors you'd put on the beak, although those are sometimes pressed into service in this role as well. The real ligature pads have a matte finish and are not soft and rubbery. I haven't actually TRIED one as an ersatz mouse foot, but it seems like they'd work. They're also typically transparent, so it would be pretty simple to mark out the cuts with a Sharpie ahead of time.

Stabilized

06 Feb 2015, 21:56

Wouldn't cutting a screen protector make quite sharp edges? I would think that this would catch on the mousepad you were using.

I do have an old mouse to try it out, but no screen protectors! Only got one of these new fangled tempered glass ones.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”