Cherry MX1550, G80-1500HAMIT

xbb

17 Oct 2011, 15:02

Old Cherry MX black switches.
Front row key caps are doubleshot except for windows and meta.
There is a serial connector (my german boards don't have that).
There is no AT switch on the bottom of the board.

nathanscribe

17 Oct 2011, 16:33

Clean! Looks like it's never been used.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Oct 2011, 17:13

Beautiful. The cable is the same as on the ancient G80-2000

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Oct 2011, 17:33

That IS a nice keyboard! Look at those Italian lettered windowed keys...

calavera

17 Oct 2011, 17:34

Very nice. Now if only I could find me a double shot numlock with a window....

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Oct 2011, 19:03

There is no such thing as double-shot LED window keys from Cherry. The Cherry ones are pad printed with a coating. Same contrast as their double shots, though.

calavera

17 Oct 2011, 21:33

sixty wrote:There is no such thing as double-shot LED window keys from Cherry. The Cherry ones are pad printed with a coating. Same contrast as their double shots, though.
Oh I see. Well, I could always drill a hole in a DS one and fill it with something. :D

guilleguillaume

17 Oct 2011, 21:37

calavera wrote:
sixty wrote:There is no such thing as double-shot LED window keys from Cherry. The Cherry ones are pad printed with a coating. Same contrast as their double shots, though.
Oh I see. Well, I could always drill a hole in a DS one and fill it with something. :D
I thought about that too since I use some artificial water for my other hobby that could be handy in this situation.

I will give it a try with a random keycap and post some results.

The keyboard looks fantastic, actually looks like NIB.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Oct 2011, 21:47

calavera wrote:
I would say there's no need for that. After several years of intensive professional typing on a G80-2100, I can see absolutely no wear on the printing of the windowed keys. As a matter of fact, I hadn't even noticed they weren't doubleshots :mrgreen:

sixty
Gasbag Guru

17 Oct 2011, 21:57

It can happen. This is a Cherry Phoneboard that was in use in a callcenter for several years. The keys once showed symbols. They are the keys used to accept and end a call:

xbb

17 Oct 2011, 22:02

Just for info the keyboard in the OP is indeed NIB!

Jim66

17 Oct 2011, 22:25

Very nice.

xbb

17 Oct 2011, 22:31

I always thought they were dye sub :(

laggy-gaga

18 Oct 2011, 11:19

Just wonder is it possible to get it to OZ for $80EURO?

ndp

18 Oct 2011, 22:17

Very nice. I guess this model is hard to find.

Half-Saint

21 Oct 2011, 21:31

Out of curiosity I asked the guy, if he would ship to Slovenia. He said yes for 55EUR + what I paid for the board... vaffanculo

Grond

21 Oct 2011, 22:42

I could proxy for that, if you want. I think regular shipping from italy to slovenia won't cost more than 20€!

xbb

21 Oct 2011, 23:10

It's not seller's fault. Italian post prices are ridiculous.

Grond

21 Oct 2011, 23:17

So is that actually so expensive? I thought the seller was trying to profit.

xbb

22 Oct 2011, 00:23

No they are real prices. See "paccocelere internazionale". My package delivery note says 3.6kg weight.

Grond

22 Oct 2011, 11:51

Whoa, that's crazy!

7bit

09 Nov 2011, 12:11

Mine just arrived.

here is what I've typed on it:
dahjslkfdsahjflkyeuritrewyiutoyewiurtoreyuiwto

n-key rollover!

Now I consider to give the seller bad feedback because of the bad packageing. I'm so lucky that Cherry switches have got gold contacts which can't corrode ...

Return to “Gallery”