Post your keyboard/keycaps!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

26 Apr 2015, 18:07

Nice! Why did you make the Nerd60 with a small shift if you don't have the small shift? I would have gone with the long one, since you already have the 1u in place of the winkeyless.

Azhdar

26 Apr 2015, 18:29

ramnes wrote: Nice! Why did you make the Nerd60 with a small shift if you don't have the small shift? I would have gone with the long one, since you already have the 1u in place of the winkeyless.
Because I like to have a fn key at the right of the the Rshift because I have my naviguation keys (arrow + nav cluster at the right of my keyboard).
Layout used on this board : http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/# ... 7d0ac46af7

Also I'm not too worried about sourcing one.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

27 Apr 2015, 08:44

Azhdar wrote: RS96, gateron clears lubed with 65g springs.
Spoiler:
OG cherry french dyesubs, GMK Rshift, Blackout Zombro and judgmental skull from krytone.
Spoiler:

Nerd60 62g ergo-clears
Spoiler:
OG chery french dyesubs (set#2). Blackout Reaper
Spoiler:
Sadly I'm out of cherry profile 1.75 Shifts
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
:x
The boards are looking great :) And I see you solved the problems with the NerD60, it looks great ;)

Azhdar

27 Apr 2015, 13:08

DanielT wrote:
Azhdar wrote: RS96, gateron clears lubed with 65g springs.
Spoiler:
OG cherry french dyesubs, GMK Rshift, Blackout Zombro and judgmental skull from krytone.
Spoiler:

Nerd60 62g ergo-clears
Spoiler:
OG chery french dyesubs (set#2). Blackout Reaper
Spoiler:
Sadly I'm out of cherry profile 1.75 Shifts
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
:x
The boards are looking great :) And I see you solved the problems with the NerD60, it looks great ;)
Thanks friend happy to finaly type on it, been like 6 months i had the pcb.

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Apr 2015, 08:56

Made some pictures in the last days of my Realforce keyboard with baby blue artisan caps!

Spoiler:
Gaming GTA V :)

Muirium
µ

30 Apr 2015, 11:01

Fantastic! I'm starting to put 980x190 frames around them with my eyes…

Khers

30 Apr 2015, 11:05

Nice shots Madhias! I especially like the one with your kid pressing esc :)

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

30 Apr 2015, 11:24

great shots Madhias! May I use them for headers?

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Apr 2015, 11:36

Of you can make headers out of those pictures! Free to use! There's no watermark, but commercial use is not nice :D
Khers wrote: Nice shots Madhias! I especially like the one with your kid pressing esc :)
He always likes colored and funky caps - and instantly grabs after them! When I put caps on the ESC position on the Realforce, all caps are very loose and you don't need a keycap puller. It is not the stem of the caps, because when I put them on another position, they are not as loose as on ESC. Therefor the little boy already had a cap in his mouth :?

Khers

02 May 2015, 19:53

Changed the cable on my RF23 today. Was rather a more involved process than I had anticipated from doing a cable swap on my RF87. I ordered a cable from pexon after looking a little into things and realising that the PCB connector was the same. What I didn't realise however, was that both the ground connector and the ferrite bead was smaller on the numpad.

Having neither of those at home in the right size, I decided to adjust the ones that came with the replacement cable. Unfortunately I forgot to grab any photos of this but what I did was simple enough; I replaced the ferrite bead's plastic housing with some shrink wrap, making it just small enough to fit, and bent the ground connector into a shape that would let it fit inside the case. As if this wasn't enough, the strain relief isn't the same on the 87 and 23. On the 23 there is a metal thingy clamped on the cable that hooks into the case, which I had to transplant from the old cable to the new.

Enough with the writing, here's a pic of the result:
Spoiler:
Will go rather nicely with the Type-S I have incoming, me thinks :)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

04 May 2015, 15:21

Just added a small feature to my daily driver. :lol:

seebart

04 May 2015, 15:23

haha that siemens nixdorf badge fits perfectly there. Very nice. Of course I prefer the real thing. 8-)

DanielT

04 May 2015, 19:07

This is looking great ;) And I love that case I have one in silver too.

Madhias
BS TORPE

04 May 2015, 19:37

Khers wrote: Enough with the writing, here's a pic of the result:
Spoiler:
Nice numpad! The red cable fits perfect to the white/beige case and caps. And the CC - a worthy place for the cap. Sometimes I'll get a Realforce numpad. Or at least I think I'll need one sometimes...
ramnes wrote: Just added a small feature to my daily driver. :lol:

[IMAGE OF A KOREAN ALUMINUM KEYBOARD WITH CHERRY CAPS AND A NIXDORF BADGE]
Fits perfect!

Khers

04 May 2015, 22:11

Madhias wrote:
Khers wrote: Enough with the writing, here's a pic of the result:
Spoiler:
Nice numpad! The red cable fits perfect to the white/beige case and caps. And the CC - a worthy place for the cap. Sometimes I'll get a Realforce numpad. Or at least I think I'll need one sometimes...
Thanks!

I got a very good deal on the numpad, otherwise I would probably not have one. I'm quite an infrequent numpad user tbh, but it's nice to know that it's there when I want to use it :)

yobinad
\m/

07 May 2015, 10:07

My first GON

Cat inspection

DanielT

07 May 2015, 13:23

I will let you guess what board I have here :
Spoiler:
It's not a custom Korean, not a commercial one and not handwired ;)

P.S: Alinh, please don't spoil it :P That goes also for Hzfaq :P

Nice GON ;) I like the colors a lot, is this one of the DT Awards Limited Edition PCB's ?
Last edited by DanielT on 07 May 2015, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

photekq
Cherry Picker

07 May 2015, 13:25

New custom 60% Alps PCB from the Romanian community? :mrgreen:

Or hasu's?

derzemel

07 May 2015, 13:27

DanielT wrote: I will let you guess what board I have here :
Spoiler:
It's not a custom Korean, not a commercial one and not handwired ;)

P.S: Alinh, please don't spoil it :P
Poker 3?

KBParadise V60 with ALPS?

Nuum

07 May 2015, 13:28

It's hasu's Alps 60%.

DanielT

07 May 2015, 13:29

photekq is right, it's a Hasu Alps 60% :)
When I get a little bit of spare time I will make a full thread with the build log. Took a lot of photos.

HzFaq

07 May 2015, 13:31

So much regret on missing that buy :(.

Looking forward to a build log though :D.

DanielT

07 May 2015, 13:45

HzFaq wrote: So much regret on missing that buy :(.

Looking forward to a build log though :D.
I would have regretted it too, the PCB is amazing. Now I have to learn how to use TMK :)
Dell keyboards are a great candidate for harvesting the plate, I was able to cut it without destroying any of the stab mounts, it's a perfect fit.
I will upload the photos and maybe tomorrow I will have more time to post the build log. It took me half a day to do it, that including the cutting of the plate, which was the most time consuming and annoying part. Lucky me I had a Dremel and some cutting disks.

HzFaq

07 May 2015, 13:58

I hesitated because I need a new project like I need another hole in my head at this point...oh well, hopefully there'll be a second run, I've got an AT102W kicking around that could use some attention :D.

TMK isn't so bad once you get your head around it. I usually have hasu's HHKB keymap file open and use it as a reference guide for when I want to do something fancy with FN keys or whatnot. I've no prior coding experience (bar some super basic TF2 configs back in the day), so if I can pick it up I'm sure you'll be fine.

Infact, I was digging around in it yesterday; finally got my ergodox TMK'd and added some more sneaky macros to my Phantom (a dedicated shit+tab key has been a game changer already).

DanielT

07 May 2015, 14:21

I don't have many projects, so this was a nice thing to do. Alin had a NIB Dell board laying around so when I saw that thread I went for one.
Is the first time someone lets me in to be part of a prototype testing group, and it was fun :)
I have enough experience with coding, I just have to take some time to learn how to use TMK, because with the default layout I don't have any Fn mappings :d No arrows on Fn layer on a 60% is bad, but still I'm typing on it right now.
I think I will play tomorrow with the layout, I had enough work today with the hardware part.

yobinad
\m/

07 May 2015, 14:21

DanielT wrote: Nice GON ;) I like the colors a lot, is this one of the DT Awards Limited Edition PCB's ?
Yes it is :)

seebart

07 May 2015, 15:23

yobinad wrote: My first GON
Nice! That cat of yours is super stealthy in that picture. ;)

HzFaq

07 May 2015, 15:36

Holy shit, I'd have never noticed it if you hadn't said anything!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

07 May 2015, 16:17

Haha, me neither!

Prelim

07 May 2015, 22:59

playing with CMYW

Return to “Gallery”