sav_wear_1.jpg (515.31 KiB) Viewed 7972 times
sav_wear_3.jpg
sav_wear_3.jpg (467.97 KiB) Viewed 7972 times
uploadfromtaptalk1334576515049.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1334576515049.jpg (26.74 KiB) Viewed 8100 times
uploadfromtaptalk1334576471711.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1334576471711.jpg (26.07 KiB) Viewed 8100 times
PS: need a better camera
Last edited by mintberryminuscrunch on 16 Apr 2012, 22:06, edited 4 times in total.

off

16 Apr 2012, 14:14

TOPIC NEEDS MOAR CAPS capquota satisfied.
Beautiful caps, grats!
Last edited by off on 17 Apr 2012, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.

Gilgam

16 Apr 2012, 15:52

Dye sub for both colors ?

GeorgeStorm

16 Apr 2012, 15:55

Ooh very nice, any pics of the whole keyboard?

woody
Count Troller

16 Apr 2012, 16:03

Gilgam wrote:Dye sub for both colors ?
Likely. 'V' for the Russian variant?

mintberryminuscrunch

16 Apr 2012, 16:09

Yes, us-ansi + russian letters dye subbed

ripster

16 Apr 2012, 16:50

My son says the Russian ">" cryllic looks like the Korean hangul for A.

Not quite...

http://graphemica.com/아

Jim66

16 Apr 2012, 17:24

Oooooo, very nice!

tsangan

16 Apr 2012, 18:41

Amazing find!

Looks to be in pretty nice condition too :o

mintberryminuscrunch

16 Apr 2012, 18:45

some dust but no use as far as i could see :D
taking a bubble bath and I'll check again
ps. moar pics

tsangan

16 Apr 2012, 23:09

Keys are soooo pretty!

Lucky person you are :D

woody
Count Troller

17 Apr 2012, 09:08

ripster wrote:My son says the Russian ">" cryllic looks like the Korean hangul for A.
It's pronounced like "U". Like, "Hey, Ю".

Do only non-Cyrillic people find Cyrillic keyboards collectible? Kinda odd. Is it about the mysticism of weird runes?
I find it very uncomfortable having different layouts for Latin and Cyrillic legends. And when they're almost the same, you don't actually need the latter cluttering the key.

mintberryminuscrunch

17 Apr 2012, 14:21

it makes the keyboard more special and the red colour is a nice contrast to the white keys and black lettering

7bit

17 Apr 2012, 18:22

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:...[DREAM KEY CAPS] ...
PS: need a better camera
Great find!

Camera and image size are perect now!

RC-1140

17 Apr 2012, 18:23

This is one of the nicest finds I have seen in the past few months... Finding ordinary dye subs is cool enough, but finding such a treasure... I envy you! I don't have any place to look for keyboards here. All recycling sites are communal, so they are not allowed to give anything away. And they can't make any exceptions, as they are watched by CCTV, and the guys there would lose their jobs if they did.

But I'm pretty sure you would get a whole lot of money for these keycaps if you decided to sell them.
woody wrote: Do only non-Cyrillic people find Cyrillic keyboards collectible? Kinda odd. Is it about the mysticism of weird runes?
Well, if there were dye sub keycaps with runes on it I would buy them immediately, even if I had to sell my kidneys for it.

I love the elder ᚠᚢᚦᚨᚱᚲ!

This in Neo Layout on dye subbed PBT. If I were a millionaire, I would make SP and Unicomp make me a few sets ;)

mintberryminuscrunch

17 Apr 2012, 22:16

that would look really cool,
someone PLEASE win the lottery an buy cherry corps old machines

kaiserreich

18 Apr 2012, 17:12

woody wrote:
ripster wrote:My son says the Russian ">" cryllic looks like the Korean hangul for A.

Do only non-Cyrillic people find Cyrillic keyboards collectible? Kinda odd. Is it about the mysticism of weird runes?
I find it very uncomfortable having different layouts for Latin and Cyrillic legends. And when they're almost the same, you don't actually need the latter cluttering the key.

I find having Chinese letterings on the keyboard, ugly and annoying.
Go figure.

off

18 Apr 2012, 17:16

kaiserreich wrote:I find having Chinese letterings on the keyboard, ugly and annoying.
Go figure.
Go figure indeed-- I'd *love* chinese or japanese characters on a board, fkn beautiful... that awesome pic of someone's local noppoo/filco/cm *sigh*

woody
Count Troller

18 Apr 2012, 22:01

kaiserreich wrote:
woody wrote:

I find having Chinese letterings on the keyboard, ugly and annoying.
Go figure.
You were of Chinese descent, IIRC?
If so, we're just in the same boat.

off

18 Apr 2012, 22:10

woody wrote:If so, we're just in the same boat.
That does make sense suddenly- I hate keyboards with dutch or deutsch layouts edit: I dislike layouts with dutch or german text on it[/edit] ;)
Foreign/unkown might just be sexy.
Last edited by off on 19 Apr 2012, 18:21, edited 2 times in total.

RC-1140

19 Apr 2012, 16:39

Well, I like the Neo layout. If you consider we are all members of a community which is about keyboards which are different from the typical ones it really makes sense. We don't want to have what the others have. We just want something different than the rest of our surrounding. But I wouldn't like to have any keyboard with Kyrillic, greek, Chinese, Japanese or Korean lettering. I prefer real runes! Especially the . The origin of the english th. Still common in Iceland. Written like this: "þ". as e.g. in "Þórr" (The real way to write the name "Thor")

I'm fascinated by the various alphabets out there. I also know Mando'a and a little bit of Tengwar and pIqaD.

woody
Count Troller

19 Apr 2012, 16:58

I despise the Cyrillic legends mostly because they're in a layout which I don't use, so totally useless. Another lesser reason is that I use phonetic layout, and with it they are unneeded bar few keys which you learn to remember anyway. In other words - just clutter. At the end of the list is that Cyrillic legends are usually done by low-quality silkscreen or tampo-print in a funny color (and eventually whacky location / orientation) as a localization process, which really annoys. The few factory-printed keyboard models like the one in the OP are the only exception from the last, but they still fall into the more important traps.

Anyway, collectors gonna collect. 8-) Happy hunting for runes!

kaiserreich

21 Apr 2012, 10:01

RC-1140 wrote:Well, I like the Neo layout. If you consider we are all members of a community which is about keyboards which are different from the typical ones it really makes sense. We don't want to have what the others have. We just want something different than the rest of our surrounding. But I wouldn't like to have any keyboard with Kyrillic, greek, Chinese, Japanese or Korean lettering. I prefer real runes! Especially the . The origin of the english th. Still common in Iceland. Written like this: "þ". as e.g. in "Þórr" (The real way to write the name "Thor")

I'm fascinated by the various alphabets out there. I also know Mando'a and a little bit of Tengwar and pIqaD.
Interest Check !!!!

RC-1140

21 Apr 2012, 10:52

kaiserreich wrote: Interest Check !!!!
As I said, I use the Neo Layout, so I wouldn't spend money on QWERTY/QWERTZ caps.

Actually there currently is an discussion about ordering Neo Dye Subs from imsto in the German Forum. Once things get more specific we might post in the Marketplace section as well. But I doubt there would be any interest in Futhark Neo Layout Dye Subs. And I don't know, if imsto has a minimum order quantity and does completely custom orders, but I doubt that as well.

mbodrov

15 Oct 2012, 15:32

woody wrote:'V' for the Russian variant?
Ukrainian, as in Ukraine, a former Soviet republic. It would have been 'U' except that 'U' had been assigned already to the United States.

Russian layouts are marked, quite logically, with 'R'.

woody
Count Troller

15 Oct 2012, 17:21

No idea, but it has the Russian layout, not Ukranian, from the little I know of Ukrainian alphabet and from Wikipedia.

mbodrov

16 Oct 2012, 02:48

You are right, in that photo it is configured for the Russian layout. However there must have been a few extra keycaps, which the seller probably lost a long time ago. The peculiar thing about these Ukrainian (G8x-3000-xxV) keyboard is that they shipped with additional keycaps in the box, with which the user could convert them between the Russian and Ukraininan layouts.

Sixty posted a picture of the keyboard configured for Ukrainian in this thread: http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t1702.html

There was also a picture showing only the extra keycaps, but I think it got deleted in the Geekhack ripster wipe.

Historically Ukraine and Russia have been strongly influenced by each other, and over 50% of Ukraine's current population are either bilingual or Russian-speaking. This must have prompted this unusual solution from Cherry Corp.

woody
Count Troller

16 Oct 2012, 12:04

That makes sense - have the same keyboard and just ship few additional keycaps under different product code.
I think two of them got MIA for this picture - the normal tilde (no 'Ё' in Ukrainian) and the ne-oborotnoe 'Є'. The slash is also suspicious.

No Ukrainian members around?

mbodrov

17 Oct 2012, 17:57

Here's a better pic of a NIB G80-3000HAV. It looks like Cherry was nice enough to include a key puller too.

(Originally from http://wwwyspro.blogspot.com/2006/03/ch ... hav02.html)

woody
Count Troller

17 Oct 2012, 19:11

Nice detective work, Tovarisht!

I can spot the ne-oborotnoe 'Є' in the bag. Mystery no more.

Return to “Gallery”