The SurpriseBag/Box WorldWide Subscription Round 1

Halverson

15 Apr 2014, 23:27

I found the receipt luckily. Tomorrow I'll see what my local post can do for the package.

Sorry once again.

hoggy

15 Apr 2014, 23:33

Fingers crossed on this one.

Muirium
µ

15 Apr 2014, 23:35

Phew, fingers crossed indeed!

Sorry to get all heavy on you, Halverson. Ascaii is exactly right: we need an amnesty rule to help with hiccups.

Ascaii
The Beard

16 Apr 2014, 02:12

Muirium wrote:Phew, fingers crossed indeed!

Sorry to get all heavy on you, Halverson. Ascaii is exactly right: we need an amnesty rule to help with hiccups.
That and a solution so some people dont end up getting stuck with the biggest shipping fees. I for one would not mind throwing a little in a pot at the beginning of a round to alleviate shipping costs for those in need of a little help.

tinnie

16 Apr 2014, 11:06

Hmm... The delivery standard on Canada post is 4-6 weeks and it's almost 2 months already. I don't have much hope on this one.

IonutZ

16 Apr 2014, 16:14

Guys, we have to do this again!!! I can't believe it's gone :( there was so much good stuff in there, I threw in a logic board for a Model M... had i known it was going into the void i would've taken more things that I liked haha.

Acanthophis

16 Apr 2014, 18:17

There was a Model M in it? How fucking huge was that package? :D

hoggy

16 Apr 2014, 19:04

Sharing the costs of the occasional long distance post sounds like a great idea, I'd be happy to chip in as well in future.

Halverson

16 Apr 2014, 19:45

Acanthophis wrote:There was a Model M in it? How fucking huge was that package? :D
Just the logic board, wasn't too big :)

I even padded the box to extremes for safety :(

I'll be back with a postal update sometime tonight.

My only faith is, one time I sent Ascaii maple syrup and it took almost this long. I long gave up on it before it showed up.

7bit

16 Apr 2014, 20:31

The important thing is the non-deliery option: "Return to sender" not "Treat as abandoned". I've lost my DSA order this way.
:cry:

Things still can disappear, but most packages I sent came back when they had wrong addresses or the postmen where blind or the letter box too small.
:roll:

However, I've got photos of the stuff I put in and can replace them. Not sure if this is the case for everybody. It even contained a special joke for tinlong ...
:o

Monkay

16 Apr 2014, 20:44

Oh man that is really sad for you guys.Anyways if this will be done again you can count me in.

photekq
Cherry Picker

16 Apr 2014, 21:00

Monkay wrote:Oh man that is really sad for you guys.Anyways if this will be done again you can count me in.
Me too!

7bit

16 Apr 2014, 21:23

But only if you post correctly scaled photos of what you took out and only if you don't put war toys in.

Monkay

16 Apr 2014, 22:12

:lol: This will haunt me forever now, right?

Halverson

17 Apr 2014, 02:30

So I have good and bad news?

The bad news, local post lady can do nothing for me.

The good news, which is not really too great.....

Why is this good news? Even though they estimate 4-6 weeks shipping on the canada post website, my local post said surface to HK is 6-12 weeks.

So sadly, we aren't supposed to freak out until three months has passed. If it comes to that, I can call canada post and see what they will do since it went missing.

And once again, never ending apologies to all involved. Hopefully this news will at least give us some hope.

Ascaii
The Beard

17 Apr 2014, 07:01

Good news indeed. I am keeping my fingers crossed the ship didn't drop our box overboard xD

brdrgz

18 Apr 2014, 20:07

I'm pretty sure we're okay here. My girlfriend just had her brother send her a small vinyl bag probably weighing not even 50g (with the cheapest shipping option) from Thailand to the United States, and that took 2 months.

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2014, 20:21

It'll show up. They're doing the best they can.

tinnie

14 May 2014, 16:48

It survived!

ne0phyte
Toast.

14 May 2014, 17:06

Whooaaaat? You got the package?

Muirium
µ

14 May 2014, 17:06

Bejesus! What!? A shipping miracle!

tinnie

14 May 2014, 17:11

Spoiler:
nsfw.... WHOOP

Muirium
µ

14 May 2014, 17:20

Truly the perfect gift!

7bit

14 May 2014, 17:34

Looks like a vagina-keymount adapter.
:lol:

tinnie

14 May 2014, 17:43

What I took. :ugeek:

It will become a SupriseContainer few more rounds later. :mrgreen:
7bit wrote:Looks like a vagina-keymount adapter.
:lol:
Spoiler:
I can try it with my ass....

brdrgz

14 May 2014, 17:46

tinnie wrote:It survived!
Yes!! Told you guys!

Muirium
µ

14 May 2014, 19:04

Nice picks. Two of those items are ones I added, and a third and fourth are more from what I took!

No dongs, though. That must have been a special gift just for you!

7bit

14 May 2014, 19:54

tinnie wrote:What I took. :ugeek:
So it is for real?
:?

You really got the package?

Nice to see someone found the Nikon neck strap useful.
:-)

Ascaii
The Beard

14 May 2014, 22:07

Whoever made that dong-cap is a genius. GROUP BUUUUUY!

I am very curious to see the whole haul once it gets back to MrInterface :D

brdrgz

14 May 2014, 22:24

I'm willing to pitch in for fast shipping to EU if anyone else is

Return to “Keyboards”