[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

kbdfr
The Tiproman

18 Apr 2014, 13:24

The GB order page specifies "Tipped!" for all kits, including the four ones which didn't reach the first tier.
If this means they are going to be made even though they in fact missed the MOQ, then that's a fine thing from SP.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Apr 2014, 13:37

kbdfr wrote:The GB order page specifies "Tipped!" for all kits, including the four ones which didn't reach the first tier.
If this means they are going to be made even though they in fact missed the MOQ, then that's a fine thing from SP.
yes. all kits will be produced.

drrtyrokka

18 Apr 2014, 15:46

I didn't receive any confirmation from SP after the GB end , and now I am really concerned... I ordered everything in the first hours, how will this work?

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2014, 16:19

I got two emails from them saying it was successful. (Several hours apart. Perhaps because I updated my original order once in the final hour.) Firing them an email wouldn't hurt. Has your PayPal updated with the final charge?

drrtyrokka

18 Apr 2014, 17:09

I looked, PayPal has charged 186 dollar. Nice ;)
Still no mail from SP, but I think it's fine.. I'm on the way home from a house party, and still drunk ;D

tinnie

18 Apr 2014, 17:10

^Typical German. :mad:

Acanthophis

18 Apr 2014, 17:41

tinnie wrote:^Typical German. :mad:
U mad you can't enjoy typical German in HK? :D

tinnie

18 Apr 2014, 17:43

Yes! :evil:

fifted

18 Apr 2014, 18:11

Tangential article to this group buy, because it's about the creators of Gotham: http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... =longreads

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2014, 18:18

Creator of Gotham. Frere-Jones was robbed!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

18 Apr 2014, 18:20

bollocks! everybody knows Gotham has been created by Bob Kane!

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2014, 18:23

I kinda prefer our version…

Eszett

18 Apr 2014, 22:21

People, did you receive an order confirmation with e-mail? I still received no confirmation from pimpmykeyboard.com and I wonder wether my order was accepted, or not? When I ordered, I got the message "some of your order is still pending", and I don't understand, what this means!?
Last edited by Eszett on 19 Apr 2014, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

19 Apr 2014, 02:26

Sounds like a payment problem. I'd write to them, they answered my emails nice and sharp.

Eszett

19 Apr 2014, 03:48

@Muirium Alright, I mailed again and now I got an automatic reply: pimpmykeyboard is in holyday, until 30th of april.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Apr 2014, 12:59

I bloody finished designing ALL the bloody legends! JEEZ!

Now I'm gonna print them and do the final revision. Later I'll post all the kits for your review before giving them to SP.

Unfortunately I can't release the source files to the public because that would mean letting anybody run the same set (including SP). Considering the amount of time needed to design this thing I don't want other vendors to take advantage of the work (ie: SP is not allowed to run a private batch unless they pay for the designs :P ).

That being said, if you are interested in the source files, simply contact me privately.

Cheerio!

Muirium
µ

19 Apr 2014, 13:02

Oh nice! Well done Matt. And of course I'd like a peek. You know where to find me…

@Eszett: inconvenient timing of theirs, eh? I really hope they make enough to fulfill everyone's orders, Paypal stupidity or no. But looks like it'll be an anxious wait. Bugger!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 Apr 2014, 15:04

just to give you an idea of the work involved...

All legends are vector graphics designed from scratch, they are not a vectorialization of a raster images.

To give you an idea, this is how the cherry mx legend looks like:

the little squares are the "control points" (the less the better, they won't be printed of course).

This is how it would have looked if vectorialized

And this is true for each and every novelty key (and we have A LOT of them, think of all the ICON MODS).

Apart from that centered legends are pretty complex to align, it's not just a matter of "align to center". For example accented letters are first aligned to center without the accent and the accent is added later on.

Also, legends have different thicknesses (eg: the numbers are smaller than alphas), so to make it uniform all the smaller characters have to be outlined a little, but outline on screen is different than on print, so it's a try and error task.

... and then there are legends that had to be redesigned, like @.

Really, a lot of work.
Last edited by matt3o on 19 Apr 2014, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

19 Apr 2014, 15:16

Artisanal legends by the maestro!

fifted

19 Apr 2014, 15:53

Can't wait to see 'em...

woody
Count Troller

19 Apr 2014, 18:27

matt3o wrote:Really, a lot of work.
Charge some percentage of the GB for leading it. Everybody should consider it normal.
Or at least keep that in mind for the next adventure.

jdeblese

19 Apr 2014, 18:36

Or at the very least put it on your resume: graphics designer and community organizer for a computer enthusiast group, with great success :)

Vierax

19 Apr 2014, 22:54

Impressive work Matt ! I already knew that was a huge amount of labour but it's way more than I thought. :o

beltet

19 Apr 2014, 23:56

How in the name of the lord did I miss this!
Anyway, good work with this GB.

Muirium
µ

19 Apr 2014, 23:59

We need a global notification system for the best stuff.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Apr 2014, 13:34

Please review all the legends

http://imgur.com/a/jqke0 (click on images, they are quite high res)

Those are not the kits! Just the legends (ie: no doubles or blanks). There are still some very little corrections that need to done, but we are getting really close.

Please check typos, line width and uniformity!

The source files are now all paths (no more fonts, you don't need gotham to view the file). If you think you can help working directly on the source files please let me know privately, but bear in mind that I work on Inkscape.

Thanks for your help!

Omikron

20 Apr 2014, 14:07

Hello matt3o. Fonts and legends are very nice.

Just a little question - was this numrow abandoned?

Muirium
µ

20 Apr 2014, 14:11

Here's the current version from Matteo's link:

So good!

woody
Count Troller

20 Apr 2014, 14:37

Much better and consistent than Cherry's fugly Д / Ъ / Ю, which some people dream about.

Omikron

20 Apr 2014, 17:05

Muirium wrote:Here's the current version from Matteo's link:

So good!
No it is not. Half of the numbers on numrow are centered and half are not. Looks like a mess. After putting so much work and effort in this set why would one stop at this point? After so much was already done. It's like standing on the cliff and not throwing the ring in the fire of Mount Doom. :?

Return to “Group buys”