[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

kakarlsen

20 Apr 2014, 19:43

True. The numrow in the Cyrillic kit needs to match the rest of the numrow. I'm sure it's just a minor overlook.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

20 Apr 2014, 20:26

I just looked through the sets and only really noticed two keys.

The first is Backspace
Backspace.png
Backspace.png (5.29 KiB) Viewed 6458 times
Should it be in two or one word?

The next is the Nordic Å.
Current version, raised version and raised and a bit thicker "dot" version.
Current version, raised version and raised and a bit thicker "dot" version.
Ååå.png (2.99 KiB) Viewed 6458 times
Normally the "dot" doesn't touch the "A", and I think it might look more consistent if it was also the case here. But I'll let you guys decide.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Apr 2014, 20:38

backspace is 2 words.

I know nothing about Å, you Nordic People have to tell me how you want it. Looking at wikipedia it seems you can have both versions, but I actually prefer the detached one.

Cyrillic, I'll make some other tests.

joel

20 Apr 2014, 21:41

I was also about comment about Å (I'm from Sweden).

There should really be some space between the A and the small circle.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

20 Apr 2014, 22:35

Ok, then I say detach the "circle/dot" and make it a bit thicker so it doesn't look accidentally thin.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 00:00

as you wish :)

regarding "back space" I got other comments about it being 1 word instead of 2. I believe that's just because people is used to see it all together but it should really be two words.

maxmalkav
dye hard

21 Apr 2014, 00:10

Matt3o, there is one missing Spanish keycap in the multi-language kit you have posted.
In the number row, there should be an extra keycap for number 3 with the interpunct (·) for the shift combination and hash (#) when you press Alt Gr. The "closest" match in your design is the one having the pound symbol instead of the #.

Not a big deal for me, I have not order such a set, but just in case, now you know :)\

This picture is a good approximation:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... sh.svg.png

But the position of € symbol on Spanish layout is not usually on the number row, you get it using Alt Gr + e (you already have that option on your language pack :D )

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 00:13

is that an error I introduced with the new version? was the previous correct?

edit: no it wasn't. this might be a problem. I would have to add a new key and I'm not sure SP will let me. I believe production will start next week, Melissa is on vacation and I don't think I can add one key at this point.

Does the .3£ key even exist in other languages?

maxmalkav
dye hard

21 Apr 2014, 00:32

No as far as I know :$

It's a pity no one spotted it before, probably not a big deal neither, I have the impression no Spanish buyers got the kit (Spaniar folks are getting mechs, but not keycap sets, they are still perceived like 'nonsense'). Myself, I moved mostly to ANSI some time ago, but today I decided to check your designs just in case I could contribute somehow, I'm sorry about finding that :?

Maybe your ·3£ will get a listed rarity ;)

edit: regarding ·3£ seems to not exists, maybe you only have to correct that one to make it ·3#
Last edited by maxmalkav on 21 Apr 2014, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 00:34

maxmalkav wrote:Maybe your ·3£ will get a listed rarity ;)
lol, like wrongly printed Magic Cards :)

anyway maybe I should just convert ·3£ to ·3# IF the former does not exist!

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

21 Apr 2014, 00:37

It's not used by any of the other languages in the set.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 00:38

Broadmonkey wrote:It's not used by any of the other languages in the set.
cool, problem solved! :)

maxmalkav
dye hard

21 Apr 2014, 00:41

Broadmonkey wrote:It's not used by any of the other languages in the set.
I have been checking, not Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Spanish not British layouts use it, it is a matter of making a small correction

I always wondered myself the utility of the interpunct (I did not even know the name of the thing one hour ago!). Spanish layout is not very well designed, some common usage symbols, such @ ; or [] {} are a pain to type. Computer sciences and coding were not taken into account while designing it.

maxmalkav
dye hard

21 Apr 2014, 00:44

I answer myself, the interpunct is useful to type Catalan stuff. They can't really complaint, we have included that and ç only for them!

ilezia

21 Apr 2014, 00:45

So did I miss out on this? No more orders?

Muirium
µ

21 Apr 2014, 01:15

Sadly not. It was a whirlwind.

Vierax

21 Apr 2014, 02:26

Omikron wrote:No it is not. Half of the numbers on numrow are centered and half are not. Looks like a mess. After putting so much work and effort in this set why would one stop at this point? After so much was already done. It's like standing on the cliff and not throwing the ring in the fire of Mount Doom. :?
How didn't I notice that !? :?
That's a problem with centered sets when you add AltGr legends, that's why I suggested to suppress the AltGr legend in bépo kit for the Round5 and one of the reason why I suggested a Mono legend kit in Granite.
In this case, it's not easy to keep qwerty legends centered and adding cyrillic on the right since you have to decrease the size of fonts but not too much to keep them visually aesthetic with cyrillic alphas and base numrow.

guilleguillaume

21 Apr 2014, 03:35

I think I'm the only one here who could write in catalan using that key maxmalkav pointed out and I didn't even notice myself that error.

It would be cool to have it like he said but if it's not possible there's no problem at all.

Eszett

21 Apr 2014, 04:24

@matt3o Regarding backspace: I never saw it written as two words, and all over Wikipedia the term is mentioned as one word: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backspace Have you found legends which show it as two words? AFAIK in english we write composite words, like backyard, backslash, background, when we refer to something more specific than the adjective “back” denotes. Examples for unspecific terms are “back room”, “back road”, which refer to nothing more than a room or road in the back.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 08:43

Last edited by matt3o on 21 Apr 2014, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.

Grendel

21 Apr 2014, 08:54

"Back Space" or BACK SPACE" looks broken to me (AFAIK Eszett is correct -- it's one word in english.) Always bothered me about SP caps. GMK/Cherry uses "Backspace", so does Logitech, Leopold, IBM, Unicomp, Ducky, and many, many others. Including SP's Cherry legends.

Edit: using sets designed by yourself as an example is kinda cheating ;P

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 09:16

Grendel wrote:"Back Space" or BACK SPACE" looks broken to me. Always bothered me about SP caps. GMK/Cherry uses "Backspace", so does Logitech, Leopold, IBM, and many, many others.

Edit: using sets designed by yourself as an example is kinda cheating ;P
not all of them are designed by me (notably Round 5 and WYSE replica). And they are double-shot, I have no control over the legends.

nerdvana

21 Apr 2014, 10:02

Forgive me if this sounds daft, but regarding "BACK SPACE" vs "BACKSPACE" I went on a quick jaunt through the wiki, which turns up the following:

Both the SGI Granite
and IBM Model M
present it as one word.

I also recall some chatter in the IC thread relating to the DyeSub permitting us to "fix" some of the niggling details from SP's doubleshot legends. That's just my 0.0144673€ though.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 10:04

I don't know why but I was explicitly asked to make it 2 words (7bit I seem to recall). now it's one word.

people, make up your mind :P

nerdvana

21 Apr 2014, 10:16

matt3o wrote:I don't know why but I was explicitly asked to make it 2 words (7bit I seem to recall). now it's one word.

people, make up your mind :P
Found it! 'Twas Muirium on Page 17 (in the Library, with the Candlestick [Candle stick?]) back when you were using CamelCase...don't know if he'd feel any differently now that they're ALLCAPS. FWIW, I'm in complete agreement that Caps Lock is in fact two words.

At any rate, I'm in for Icon Mods myself, so please take my opinion as either completely objective or entirely meaningless, as you see fit! :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 10:30

I'm pretty sure it was 7bit back from the DSA Retro time. I was criticized for putting it into one word. I believe that is due to the fact that it was originally a 1u keycap and so separated in

BACK
SPACE

but I could be wrong.

PS: can we have "rub out" instead of DEL? :D

7bit

21 Apr 2014, 10:48

I really have to upload more keyboards, but this list should be enough for now:
:o
Spoiler:
BACK SPACE
:roll:

nerdvana

21 Apr 2014, 10:56

Yep, this is why my board will be wearing icons. ::cackles maniacally::
I'm also fluent in IKEA instructions.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

21 Apr 2014, 10:59

I'm glad the 7bit-signal worked :)

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

21 Apr 2014, 11:28

7bit, only two of the keyboards you posted have backspace on one line and one of them is from SP, so really just one is valid.
matt3o wrote:I don't know why but I was explicitly asked to make it 2 words (7bit I seem to recall).
I always think that 7bit has some kind of greater plan when he joins a discussion about a group buy that isn't his own :lol:
matt3o wrote:now it's one word.
Thanks, much obliged!

Return to “Group buys”