[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 10:39

I can export PDF... just saying

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 10:44

Actually, that would be good! You did major changes to the Cyrillic set I'd like to see up close, too.

Eszett

23 Apr 2014, 10:44

I’m using an I-mac now and then (because it’s in my family). It’s like a black box for me: they don’t want to let you know what’s going on inside. They tread you like a child. Not that windows isn’t a black box. But Apple is by purpose, Windows by incompetence. So I chose the incompetence.
Last edited by Eszett on 23 Apr 2014, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 10:48

As someone who hasn't used Windows much at all this century, I've got to say it's looking better these days. Windows 8 seems pretty nice, but they should really ditch the classic mode where it shows you the old stuff. I was briefly on someone's machine the other day and let out a groan when I saw that trick!

But looking at the way Microsoft's suffering these days, I guess I'm in the minority. As usual!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 10:52

please

(you know what I mean)

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 10:55

Thanks for the PDFs, Matt. I'll give them some quality time.

Now where's a computer platform thread I can inadvertently veer into one about Gotham legends?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 10:58

PS: you can always install chromium that is the open source community based version of Chrome.

drrtyrokka

23 Apr 2014, 12:13

I'm fooling around with Ubuntu recently. I think it's really worth considering switching, surely if you aren't an excessive gamer... vmware/vitualbox is soo nice ! :P
People just have to get rid of their habits and be openminded..

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 12:25

drrtyrokka wrote:I'm fooling around with Ubuntu recently. I think it's really worth considering switching, surely if you aren't an excessive gamer... vmware/vitualbox is soo nice ! :P
try Arch, never look back.

Yslen

23 Apr 2014, 12:30

drrtyrokka wrote:I'm fooling around with Ubuntu recently. I think it's really worth considering switching, surely if you aren't an excessive gamer... vmware/vitualbox is soo nice ! :P
I used to run Ubuntu on my laptop back in the days of Vista, but compared to Windows 8 it just feels sluggish and bloated. It's fine on my desktop, but I have no use for an Ubuntu desktop PC.

drrtyrokka

23 Apr 2014, 13:22

Yslen wrote: I used to run Ubuntu on my laptop back in the days of Vista, but compared to Windows 8 it just feels sluggish and bloated. It's fine on my desktop, but I have no use for an Ubuntu desktop PC.
Not if you are developing software...Windows is horrible for that. Always need binarys or appropriate compilers, that sucks..

jdeblese

23 Apr 2014, 13:23

Slackware ftw! ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 13:27

take Windows ME and Windows Vista together and you have half of the frustration you get from Windows 8.

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 13:36

If this is about arguing me off the Mac, I wouldn't bother trying, guys. I love my platform, and the hardware it's engineered for. You either fight with Apple as a user, or you don't. I'm comfortably in the latter!

When I'm bored I do occasionally try Linux on other people's PCs. I wished I saw something more impressive there. Even Ubuntu feels like a direct and loyal descendant of Windows 95. My keyboard shortcuts all fail to work, I can't script between apps the way I'm used to, if at all, and where's BBEdit?

Cross platform software is generally bad news (Firefox!) because it must fall to the lowest common denominator. You have to suffer the inadequacies of other systems you went out your way to avoid. And cross platform software that doesn't even run natively? That's the most sincere possible message a developer can give you of his toxicity.

Yslen

23 Apr 2014, 13:38

drrtyrokka wrote:
Yslen wrote: I used to run Ubuntu on my laptop back in the days of Vista, but compared to Windows 8 it just feels sluggish and bloated. It's fine on my desktop, but I have no use for an Ubuntu desktop PC.
Not if you are developing software...Windows is horrible for that. Always need binarys or appropriate compilers, that sucks..
I'm sure you're right, but I only really use my laptop for writing fiction. I ran the same software under Ubuntu fine, but the general performance (booting, sleep/resume, battery life, navigating the UI etc) is better under Windows 8. I've noticed the same thing on older machines going from XP --> 8, too. Perhaps something they did to get 8 running on tablets helps it on older hardware?
matt3o wrote:take Windows ME and Windows Vista together and you have half of the frustration you get from Windows 8.
I don't find it frustrating in the least, but I can see how some would, certainly. I love the desktop interface design, it's much classier than 7 or anything that came before. Simple clean lines very much fit my tastes these days. The start screen isn't my favourite thing but I find it perfectly functional as I primarily use keyboard shortcuts and searches anyway. I do think the Windows 8.2/9 start menu looks great though, I'm looking forward to that.

I generally don't like to enter platform debates these days. Everyone likes different things, and I have no problem with that, unless it directly impacts me. More people picking up mechanical keyboards is a much bigger deal than who uses Mac/Windows/Linux, as far as I'm concerned.

While I'm on topic, I'm looking forward to these keycaps :P I've only got a 60% board, which is a shame because I won't be able to use the home-block symbols, which are really really great. I might have to get a TKL board just to use them, even though I'd rather use 60%.... hmm, dilemma.

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 13:41

Exactly. Says I, on an old Mac, with an original IBM PC keyboard! The more variety, the better for everyone.

Here's a weird thought: you could always put the nav pack caps on the respective keys in your function layer. I bet an HHKB arrow diamond in a sea of blanks would look quite stellar, in fact!

Yslen

23 Apr 2014, 13:51

Muirium wrote:Exactly. Says I, on an old Mac, with an original IBM PC keyboard! The more variety, the better for everyone.

Here's a weird thought: you could always put the nav pack caps on the respective keys in your function layer. I bet an HHKB arrow diamond in a sea of blanks would look quite stellar, in fact!
It's the Print Screen, Scroll Lock, Pause, Insert, Home, Page Up, Delete, End and Page Down symbols that I really like. I could of course substitute them for the relevant function layer keys, I'd (somehow) forgotten we're talking about DSA here! I might have to adjust my layout to accommodate them...

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 14:19

please open a new thread for your OS fights.

drrtyrokka

23 Apr 2014, 14:46

no fights, just description :P

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 16:41

I really like the detail on the duck cap:
Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 03.40.33 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 03.40.33 pm.png (50.1 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
The feet are great, but his bill is looking a bit more goose than duck, to me.

Canada goose: broad bill.

Mallard duck: slender bill.

Yes, Deskthority: where wildfowl are always on topic.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 16:45

mama-goose papa-duck

drrtyrokka

23 Apr 2014, 16:53

we could have just looked at the deskthority banner for the amiga key, right now :D

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 16:57

I'm still also a little wary about the comma and the period characters, wherever they appear. Especially in mono legend. They seem small by themselves. And the keyboards I'm looking at around me do indeed make them bigger, compared to the dots on ! and ? and comma on ; for instance.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 17:18

Muirium wrote:I'm still also a little wary about the comma and the period characters, wherever they appear. Especially in mono legend. They seem small by themselves. And the keyboards I'm looking at around me do indeed make them bigger, compared to the dots on ! and ? and comma on ; for instance.
I will double check. , and . are bigger than ; and : but I don't want to make them too big or they would look completely out of place.

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 18:10

Indeed. It's a proper design balancing act. Like the line width on @.

Also, now I notice that I need a 1u \ mono legend key. Hmm.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 18:18

madhias was kind enough to print all legends with some very nice printer. Looking forward to receiving his feedback

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2014, 18:20

They're all showing up quite nicely now here, too.
Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 05.19.56 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 05.19.56 pm.png (54.16 KiB) Viewed 3156 times
I'll try some new layout mock ups later.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 18:26

by "nice printer" I mean professional proofing device :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2014, 19:24

madhias's print proof has been extremely helpful. I need some more little adjustments, but we are almost there.

. and , in the mono-legend and numpad need to be enlarged.

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Apr 2014, 19:27

All the legends in general are so nice to look at, it's a very, very sophisticated set!
matt3o wrote:by "nice printer" I mean professional proofing device :)
For comparison and double checking a piece of paper is always good! All the legends together are on a 60 x [EDIT] (1300) 130 cm paper :)
We can also print on film for custom PCB, but that's another topic/thread.
Last edited by Madhias on 23 Apr 2014, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Group buys”