Matias

24 Jul 2014, 00:24

Title says it all. More details here...

English... http://matias.ca/tactilepro4/mac/jp/pr

Japanese... http://matias.ca/jp/tactilepro4/mac/pr

Muirium
µ

24 Jul 2014, 00:41

JIS is a nice layout. Tell us those little space bars will be available for those of us keen to make custom keyboards with your switches!

Matias

24 Jul 2014, 01:08

We're gearing up for caps now. First round will be the full layout, but will be adding more over time. We'll also be offering the 1.5u and 0.75u high caps.

Muirium
µ

24 Jul 2014, 01:12

Nice! What are you doing for stabilisers?

The dream has always been to have a source for new caps and stabs to go along with your switches. We're getting close now!

Matias

25 Jul 2014, 18:41

Stabs will be available as well.

Muirium
µ

25 Jul 2014, 18:48

Cool. Fingers crossed for little Japanese style space bars!

Are your caps Alps mount in all three positions, or hybrids like Signature Plastics, where the centre mount is Alps shaped but the outer two are for MX stabs?

jacobolus

26 Jul 2014, 10:32

Muirium wrote: Cool. Fingers crossed for little Japanese style space bars!

Are your caps Alps mount in all three positions, or hybrids like Signature Plastics, where the centre mount is Alps shaped but the outer two are for MX stabs?
I don’t have any Matias keyboards (only a bunch of loose switches), but I read online somewhere that they use standard Alps stabilizers for most of the keys but a Costar-style (with MX mount inserts) stabilizer for the spacebar. Matias can probably answer more authoritatively though.

I’m convinced that it should be possible to order little 3d-printed insert pieces (from Shapeways or wherever) that make SP’s stabilized Alps keycaps compatible with standard Alps stabilizers, or alternately make standard Alps keycaps compatible with Costar-style stabilizers. The parts would need to be designed though.

Return to “News”