Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

pasph

22 Jul 2014, 10:17

How much these 2 Topre keycaps ses are worth?

Halvar

22 Jul 2014, 10:44

dyger wrote: What would an IBM 1397003 in overall good condition be worth?
I'd say 20 to 30 EUR. You have to build your own Soarer converter to use it with a PC, which not a lot of people will do. That's why prices are not as high as for Model Ms that were made for PCs.

dyger

22 Jul 2014, 13:56

According to http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cf ... /id/149442 it works with a simple AT to PS2 adapter.

scottc

22 Jul 2014, 14:00

I think that those are some extended AT protocol, which means that only some of the keys will work with an AT to PS2 adapter. Not sure, though.

Edit: the clickykeyboards page implies that they should all work, which is interesting...

Halvar

22 Jul 2014, 14:10

Oh, yes, I'm sorry, I missed that. That's a special model. I'm sure that clickykeyboards is right about that, they know their stuff. In that case it should be worth way more, especially because of the special combined Terminal/PC legend key caps that are really rare.

I haven't seen a sale of one of those yet or even an offer on ebay, so I can't really put a value on it. Definitely more than a normal Model M, but I honestly can't say how high demand is among collectors for these.

Medowy

22 Jul 2014, 14:18

pasph wrote: How much these 2 Topre keycaps ses are worth?
Probably quite a lot... Not sure about the actual pricing but they could for like 70e per set or something? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

tinnie

22 Jul 2014, 17:20

130 usd for orange, no idea for the blue/yellow.

Sayso

22 Jul 2014, 19:05

What's worth an ibm ps/2 in a good shape with model M uk iso ?

something like this :

scottc

22 Jul 2014, 19:18

Depends on the condition, missing keys, how broken the rivets are, etc. I'd say 30 - 50 euro. Any other ideas?

IvanIvanovich

22 Jul 2014, 19:51

Prices seem to vary pretty widely for those between $30-200 (recent ebay sold history) depending on proper operation, exterior condition, any extras like upgrade options, software and so on. Sometimes vintage complete systems can fetch a good price.

scottc

22 Jul 2014, 21:18

Actually, I misread - I thought you just had the keyboard on offer. I don't know how much the complete system is worth.

Sayso

22 Jul 2014, 23:19

The vendor just told me that it is in great condition and working, he joined a very blurry pic.
Wait and see for more pics

Thank you

beltet

27 Jul 2014, 22:16

kbdfr wrote: I would like to get back to BobMoz, who registered here to ask if the reserve price of 320€ set for a NIB Cherry G81-3000 SAU in his eBay sale is OK.

As this is a quite long and detailed posting, I'm going to use the "spoiler" function to keep it short. But please do not read only the conclusion that follows, but also the investigation steps (and links) contained in the spoiler.
Spoiler:
I wondered how many of such rare items he has, because just before listing this keyboard he had already offered and sold another NIB G81-3000 SAU.
I had a look at the completed sale, there the description said "Serial number 10912" and one of the pics showed the label with this serial number:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Tastiera-CHERRY- ... 2591b09ce3
Then I had a look at the "new" sale, astonishingly enough there the description also says "Serial number 10912" and again one of the pics shows the label with this serial number:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Tastiera-CHERRY- ... 1369455075
My conclusion: the first keyboard has been sold, but for some reason the transaction is not to be completed.

So again I had a look at the completed sale (I now post the link on ebay.com so as to allow all non-Italian speakers to understand what I am going to explain):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161358060771
If you click on the number of bids indicated after the winning bid, you get to a list of the bids:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7675.l2565
Bidders are shown as a code so as to protect their identity, the highest bidder is shown as h***t (2), i.e. someone with a feedback of two.
If you bid on his name in the list, you access a 30-day summary of his bids:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... e_ViewLink
and there you see that in the last 30 days, h***t placed bids only with this same seller. It was not only for keyboard (or even computer) stuff, but also for telephone stuff.

So I had a look into the feedback record of the seller. One has to know that transaction partners are also encoded there to protect their identidy, but with a different code than that of the bid summary.
This is the feedback left for others by the seller:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... &items=100
Looking for buyers with a feedback of (2), we find several occurrences of a***t (2), and as the sales are not very old, there is even a link provided to these sales (along with the auction title), for example a "Valiglia in legno" ("wooden suitcase") or a "Radio Mivar TRAFTON I.C. (1969)".
In both cases looking into the list of the bids and then the 30-day summary of the highest bidder, one sees it is identical to that of the buyer of the first Cherry G81-3000 SAU. And in both cases, exactly like for the keyboard, the items were relisted just after the sale concluded.

I had a look at another sale won by someone else, which was not relisted. Here again I found the very same bidder:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 7675.l2565
(with the very same 30-day summary, but this sale is older and thus does not appear there).
So there is a compelling conclusion: BobMoz practices shill-bidding on his sales.
As obviously he uses even more shill-bidding accounts (if someone is interested I can demonstrate that), I would even say he practices massive shill-bidding on his sales.
And after not succeeding in reaching the highest price possible, he comes here to ask us what a correct price would be.

Perhaps I should be happy someone tries to raise market prices on G81-3000 SAU (after all, I might be tempted to sell mine at some time - but do not ask, if this happens it is already promised to someone), but I think what he deserves is at least not to get an answer.
Good work! I hate bad ethics in business, maybe thats why i'm not rich...

raatmarien

28 Jul 2014, 17:11

How much would a new Apple Extended Keyboard II with the original box and no yellowing be worth?

And how much would a used AEK II with yellowing be worth?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

davkol

28 Jul 2014, 17:50

What switches (and country)? I guess it can be anything between €20 and €60.

raatmarien

28 Jul 2014, 18:20

davkol wrote: Prices seem to vary pretty widely for those between $30-200 (recent ebay sold history) depending on
The NIB one is ANSI QWERTY and the used one is ISO AZERTY, I'm not too sure about what switch they have.

Edit:
I looked through some of the older parts of this thread and in 2012 a NIB AEK II was estimated to be worth 80 GBP, is this still accurate?

shreebles
Finally 60%

29 Jul 2014, 22:18

Price check: How much is my Ducky G2pro TKL MX Blue ISO barebones board worth? It was bought from teraset less than three months ago. Barebones as in, it has no caps.

noobie94

29 Jul 2014, 22:26

Price check:

Ducky G2Pro TKL MX Clear, bought in january, good condition.

shreebles
Finally 60%

29 Jul 2014, 22:58

Wanna trade? :)

noobie94

30 Jul 2014, 11:06

barbone for barbone?

shreebles
Finally 60%

30 Jul 2014, 11:26

noobie94 wrote: barbone for barbone?
Yup - if they are of equal value?

On the other hand though - I love reds and the actuation force of the clears would probably feel too heavy for me. And it would be hard to mod them to ergo clears since they are plate mounted. :?

noobie94

31 Jul 2014, 09:29

Okay 8-)

I will put it on marketplace in some days but if you like reds I don´t think clears are for you but who knows :?: :twisted:

davkol

31 Jul 2014, 12:14

I love both reds and clears!

Muirium
µ

31 Jul 2014, 13:29

Indeed. I like heavy clicky switches but light linears. Not always as simple as finding a single sweet spot.

noobie94

31 Jul 2014, 13:44

True but can anyone tell me how much it is worth? :evilgeek:

dyger

31 Jul 2014, 14:06

You can get a new one for 99€ + 25€ shipping from teraset. So I'd pay something around 80+shipping if I didn't own one already.

noobie94

31 Jul 2014, 14:31

thanks

shreebles
Finally 60%

31 Jul 2014, 16:05

dyger wrote: You can get a new one for 99€ + 25€ shipping from teraset. So I'd pay something around 80+shipping if I didn't own one already.
That was a discount. Regular price right now is 139€, and clears aren't even available.

davkol

31 Jul 2014, 20:09

snip (got no reply)
Last edited by davkol on 28 Sep 2014, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

dyger

31 Jul 2014, 22:50

If I remember correctly they were put on permanent sale, I saw a post about it in the Ducky thread. And I didn't check availability... soo they are propably worth more than what I said.

Return to “Marketplace Help”