Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Z3us_

01 Aug 2014, 10:55

A Topre Realforce 88UB good condition with red modifiers?

crimzongryphon

01 Aug 2014, 18:24

How much is http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/che ... ml#p176505 this worth. Pictures on that page. Also can anyone finally confirm if those are vintage cherry blacks?

photekq
Cherry Picker

01 Aug 2014, 18:29

If it's made in West Germany, they're vintage! :lol:

crimzongryphon

01 Aug 2014, 18:43

Nice! Does that add to it's value? And how much to it? I'm selling this to afford a Poker 2.

Muirium
µ

01 Aug 2014, 18:48

Expect eye rolling Cherry aficionados in 3-2-1…

photekq
Cherry Picker

01 Aug 2014, 18:51

crimzongryphon wrote: Nice! Does that add to it's value? And how much to it? I'm selling this to afford a Poker 2.
Vintage blacks don't really add value. They're very common.

Most of the value will come from the keycap set (especially since it has the lock keys with LED windows.. lots of people want those and they're hard to come by). It all depends on the condition of the keycaps. Are they shiny? Are they yellowed? Do they have any marks/scratches?

The keyboard itself is worth something too, since it's a nice G80-1000 series with NKRO.

I don't think you would get enough for a Poker II from selling that keyboard though, unless it is mint, unused condition.

scottc

01 Aug 2014, 18:53

I'm no aficionado, but I'd much prefer this keyboard to a silly Poker...

If photekq doesn't want it, then I'm possibly interested (depending on my money situation).

photekq
Cherry Picker

01 Aug 2014, 18:58

Scott, I do want it, however I quite literally have no money at the moment (I'm in the red), so it's yours! :lol:

It's much nicer than a poker, but I'm not sure if it's worth as much :)

crimzongryphon

01 Aug 2014, 19:02

Oh well. So yeah how much is it worth then. The caps are really quite shiny sadly. Not too yellow but IDK. You can sorta assess from the picture on the original thread. The only key notably chipped upon examination is F5 but it's only minor and unnoticeable during typing or just looking at it. This is my first mechanical owned but it looks pretty much brand new (aside from the shiny caps).

photekq
Cherry Picker

01 Aug 2014, 19:03

Do the lock keys with LED windows show any sign of use?

crimzongryphon

01 Aug 2014, 19:10

Not sure if here is the thread to discuss it but why not Poker? I need something small but can't afford a HHKB. They look really nice IMO. This is pretty nice to type on too however although the only other thing if typed on is a CM with Mx browns.

Also aside from the key caps what makes this a nicer keyboard than others? I thought cherry g80's were incredibly common. In fact they use them at the cashiers in a shop near me. Another one uses IBM keyboards which I assumed were Model M's. If someone is willing to pay for those I can offer to buy them from the shop although it may be a little embarrassing.

Also other users have expressed interest in this so tbh I'm just gonna accept the highest offer. Although I might reconsider if people have a good reason to specifically need this one (but I doubt that would be the case).

Muirium
µ

01 Aug 2014, 19:15

Well, if their IBMs look like this:

I'm not at all knowledgable about Cherry's keyboards, but the G80 series is huge and contains many models. Some, like the 5000 ergo TKL, are very highly sought after and go for hundreds of Euros. But many are humdrum. Enthusiasts see things in them I don't understand yet. And my finances always say not to rush to find out!

The Poker is okay, but only that. Form factor's brilliant. Caps are shite. Build quality is Vortex. And the soul isn't quite there. Although you can go a long way with a good set of caps…

scottc

01 Aug 2014, 19:17

photekq wrote: Scott, I do want it, however I quite literally have no money at the moment (I'm in the red), so it's yours! :lol:

It's much nicer than a poker, but I'm not sure if it's worth as much :)
Thanks, but if I buy this then I'd probably be joining you right there! :lol:

Pokers are fine, but if I was to get a 60% it would have to be fully programmable.

How much are your offers for, crimzon? It's better form (IMO) to have an open discussion about price than sneaky PMs. I've never really seen the latter done by DT members; everyone here wants a good deal, but most of us don't want to rip anyone else off.

photekq
Cherry Picker

01 Aug 2014, 19:20

The Poker's fine. I had one in my hands for a day or two and it is a nice little keyboard. It's just not my cup of tea. I much prefer the feel of PCB mount switches (G80s) and I'm very fond of the appearance of the board - that's why I say it's better. I'm sure lots of other people would disagree with me and say the Poker is much better!

I'd say it's worth about £30-40 total :

Lock keycaps - £5-10
Board itself - £15 (this would be higher, but you can buy a G80-1501 for around this price, which also has NKRO, etc.)
Shiny UK ISO keycaps - £10-15

I may be a bit off though. I haven't seen one sold, so I don't know the 'market value' of it.
Last edited by photekq on 01 Aug 2014, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

crimzongryphon

01 Aug 2014, 19:21

Lock keys are fine. So are the LED windows. LED's also work, as shown in the pictures.

crimzongryphon

01 Aug 2014, 19:29

So far I've just got messages asking about specific things not pricing. Should I start a new 'thread' on the marketplace (is it thread or post? :P im new)? So maybe I'll say £40 minimum?

Also are the PBT keycaps also poor on the Poker 2 or is it just the ABS ones?

Thanks for everyone helping me sorting this out.

http://media.engadget.com/img/product/1 ... sj-800.jpg This is kinda what the keyboard looked like. They were definitely black.

scottc

01 Aug 2014, 19:35

Start a thread! I'd say that photekq probably knows best, so i'd go with his suggestions. I can't go into much detail as I'm on my phone.

photekq
Cherry Picker

01 Aug 2014, 19:36

I wouldn't set a minimum. Either put a set BIN price, or be open to all offers.

IvanIvanovich

01 Aug 2014, 20:15

G80-1191HBG, I would put somewhere in the $50-70 range. They are not too terribly uncommon though not see with GB layout as much. But it is a nicer G80 model with NKRO so the board itself is more desirable as something to use than many G80 models that are only 2KRO.

Muirium
µ

01 Aug 2014, 20:20

NKRO + Soarer's Converter = One hell of a board. My favourite recipe. And a lot better than most USB keyboards, including the Poker. Where's the programmability?
crimzongryphon wrote: Image This is kinda what the keyboard looked like. They were definitely black.
There were some nice black ones. Not many, but some.

andrewjoy

03 Aug 2014, 01:26

how much is a fully working and only slightly used Compaq MX11802 worth
and what about a northgate omnikey ultra T in almost mint condition

not selling at lest not soon just wondering

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

05 Aug 2014, 21:15

I have an 24 hour option on buying this for 45 Euros...is it worth it?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ibm-tastatur-alt ... CO:DE:1123

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2014, 21:24

Hopefully it's the Model F Bigfoot like this:

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/inf ... t8153.html

Anyone know for sure?

7bit

05 Aug 2014, 21:27

A little bit corrosion, he says. So in fact, this was in salt water for the last 30 years. :shock:

Halvar

05 Aug 2014, 21:31

I think it is the same, yes. The seller is the same one Monster-Toys and I got our "compact" beam springs from, so knowing that and reading the description I would expect it to be heavily corroded, too. It's a nice Model F terminal keyboard model, but I'm not sure if I would be willing to pay that price. Maybe ask for photos of the back.

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2014, 21:36

Hmm… I want to keep an eye on this seller in case there's more of the good stuff, but I just know his saline storage policy is only going to give me pain.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

05 Aug 2014, 21:57

aha, I knew there was a catch. Sure it´s the same seller?

Halvar

05 Aug 2014, 22:30

Prelim

06 Aug 2014, 20:50

have a G80-11900 New-in-box (ISO layout DE) that I'm interested to sell, how much it worth?

acolombo

07 Aug 2014, 11:21

Prelim wrote: have a G80-11900 New-in-box (ISO layout DE) that I'm interested to sell, how much it worth?
I've bought one used for 12€ about 2 weeks ago here on deskthority.

Return to “Marketplace Help”