[IC] Custom/Switch Stickers - ONLY $1 for 128 stickers

mohitgarg

12 Aug 2013, 20:35

==================================================================
POLL FOR COLORS IS HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16Cjcny ... s/viewform
==================================================================

Since I was able to get good pricing and finally some good shipping rates for individual packages, I am planning on starting a group buy for these switch stickers.

The IC is to see if there will be a good number of orders for switch stickers. The designs, colors, shipping costs and all are mentioned below.

================
Switch Stickers ???
================

They make your board look pretty! The sticker is used to eliminate the small movement (left-to-right) in the plastic part of the switch, so it is not something major as oiling & greasing, but the sensitive keyboard enthusiasts could not stand that tiny flaw and made stickers that fit perfectly in that small crack of the switch.

Also helps with PCB switches, think about it, the plate already helps significantly in stabilizing the switch since it holds the bottom of the switch and the legs that hold the top half in place. On PCB mounted switches you only have the contacts, legs, and potentially a diode or LED to stabilize it, but the top half of the housing has more room to wiggle and play. So if the top is loose on PCB mounted, it will wobble more. The sticker is supposed to make the top less wobbly and stabilize it more.

================
The Design
================

Click below to show the sticker designs
The vinyl is 3mil for colored and 4mil for the metallic ones.

Below are the three designs that will be available:

Original:

Moose (Best IMO):

Spider (Maybe not):

The sheets will be 6"x12" and have 8x16 stickers.

================
The Colors
================

We can have any of the colors from below that we want, even the metallic ones. Albeit, I would like to keep this as minimised as possible, to reduce chances of error. Thus the decision regarding which colors will be available will remain with me, however you are all requested to submit choices so we can know what colors we need. All finalised colors will be listed as and when they are decided upon.

These are the final colors, they are just the ones available locally. If you want more color options read below the table
2013-08-12_232142.png
2013-08-12_232142.png (1000.84 KiB) Viewed 4907 times
*************************Below section is only for Paper Street Plastics vinyl**********************************
Note that shipping to me has been included in the price, at most 15% increase in price might be there if I have to pay customs and there will be some discount on the overall order depending on how much we order.

Below are pricing for orders of different quantities of vinyl for any given color, cutting already included.
I have already calculated the number of sheets that can be made in different volumes of vinyl and thus pricing is calculated.
This includes all costs except customs and overall bulk order discount.
Quantity (Sticker sheets)Price of one sheet (USD)
Eg,
- We need 30 sheets of one color, we require one 20 sheet bulk and 10 individual sheets, thus cost of one sheet will be one 20(20*1.95+10*2.1)/30 = $2
- However if needed 35 sheets it is cheaper to get 40 sheet bulk and price would be, 40*1.65/35 = $1.90.

Point in case, I will order sheets so we get best rate possible :D
*************************************Paper Street Plastics section ends***********************************

If there is still some specific vinyl you want and is not in the tables above, I can try and source some and best would be if you could link me to it. I am located in India, so keep that in mind when looking for options for shipping to India.

These would cost half the price for plotting as the material cost is extra, thus $0.50 per sheet, excluding the price of the sheet. So plotting is $0.50 and the cost of the vinyl. Please, also understand that these order will be delayed by 2-3 weeks depending on time it takes for vinyls to reach me.

================
MOQ
================

There is no MOQ on total orders but atleast 10 sheets for any color for the whole GB, can be combination of any of the 3 designs (Eg, 3O, 3M, 4S).

This is not for individual orders, this is for the complete GB

================
Time Frame
================

I would like to get this done as quickly as possible. I will be sending samples to jdcarpe in the next couple of days.

Once the GB starts:
- 3 week - ordering
- 2 weeks - invoicing
- 2 days - production
- 1 week - prepare for mailing
- Around 2 weeks - shipping from me to you

So around 2 months from GB start to receiving product

================
The Costs + Shipping
================

Each sheet will contain 8x16 stickers = 128 stickers folded in half and be mailed in a CD/DVD bubble mailer by Registered Indian Post.

The price for any sheet would be $1 only!

Weight of bubble mailer + some extras (Surprise!) = 25g
Weight of one sticker sheet = 12g

For shipping within India: $1.5/kg

Shipping will cost (Same worldwide):
$4 for first 100g
$1 for every additional 100g

So you can get upto 6 sheets in the base shipping cost ($4), and upto 7 more for each extra 100g ($1).

Maximum weight is 2000g. If you want to order more, will have to use bulk mailer, contact me via PM as shipping varies depending on location for bulk orders.

PayPal will be the only mode for payment.

These costs have been mentioned factoring all costs such as productions, costs for getting these to me, bubble mailer package, etc as well as PayPal fees. So what you see is what you pay.

================
More Stickers!
================

If you have some design you want made into a sticker this can be arranged at the give prices below. Any design can be plotted as long as it is in black and white.
Eg: Image
The black part will be made into a sticker

Complex designs can be printed on transparent sheet, thus having an opaque look or printed on white vinyl. They will then be cut along a borderline based of your design.. Just like printing a sticker at home and cutting it out, except instead of being on paper it would be on clear or white vinyl.
Eg. Image
The Pikachu would be printed and cut along the white part, it can be cut without a border but there is a limitation on the detail for small sized stickers.

There is no MOQ for custom designs, you can get even one sticker printed.

Costing would be $ 0.02 per sq. inch printed or plotted.

Release stickers (Area around sticker not needed removed and a clear tape added on top to peel the sticker to stick it somewhere and then remove the tape) would cost $0.09 per sq. inch.

If vinyl is not from Table 1.1 charges would be halved and price of vinyl used added. Shipping weight for 1sq inch of vinyl is 0.175g.

All custom stickers requested so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Size (net) is the actual size of the sticker
Size(gross) is the size of the vinyl used for cutting the sticker as there are extras (around 2-3mm) on the sides to accommodate releasing and cutting the stickers.
Weight and price is calculated based on the gross size of the sticker.

================
Vinyl Please!
================

I have gotten some message regarding people wanting to buy vinyl only, this option will also be available at below rates:

Add $0.5 extra to shipping for larger bubble mailers

However the weight of the bubble mailer will increase from 25g to 70g.

Vinyl will cost you $0.01 per sq inch for any of the vinyls listed in the Table 1.1 and at given costs in Table 1.2.

For the vinyl from Paper Street Plastics contact me via PM.

Max size of vinyl is 12"x12", if you want bigger sizes, PM me and we'll work something out as then I have to use different packaging and shipping depending on quantity.

================
Acknowledgement
================

I would like to thank the following members:
mkawa - inspiring me to go ahead and do this
infiniti - for cutting and tetsing the true first batch of the stickers
BlueBar - Providing scans of the Korean Sticker Sheet
jdcarpe - Volunteering to inspect quality of the sticker sheet
codyeatworld - Assistance in GB webapp
pillon - For original design files at KBDMania

================
Bulk Orders
================

I would like to invite vendors to contact me for bulk orders if they would like to stock these in their online stores, I will see bulk ordering options in those cases and see if prices can be reduced further by eliminating extras that ship out to other members.

**************************************************************************************************

Please mention the colours you are looking to get the stickers in!

Thanks
Last edited by mohitgarg on 12 Aug 2013, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

12 Aug 2013, 20:38

All those tags must have worked real good over at GH, huh?

mohitgarg

12 Aug 2013, 20:39

Fixing it and please don't turn this into a GH vs. DT flame thread.

Muirium
µ

12 Aug 2013, 20:45

Good stuff.

Eszett

17 Aug 2014, 17:46

Can someone make a video tutorial to explain these stickers visually? do they make a huge difference?

macmakkara

17 Aug 2014, 18:20

Hmm.. stickers. Im in for sheet and few more.

pyrelink

17 Aug 2014, 18:38

Hm... I mean I know they don't actually DO anything, but for some reason I can't resist putting these stupid things on my switches, when ever I open them up to lube or swap springs or what ever.
Eszett wrote: Can someone make a video tutorial to explain these stickers visually? do they make a huge difference?
The only point of them is visual. They look pretty cool though.

scottc

17 Aug 2014, 18:51

I think they're supposed to reduce the terrible MX switch wobble. Still, this is only really a problem with PCB-mounted switches. I'm not sure how much they really do, though.

Holy necropost, batman! Still, 128 stickers for $1 is pretty good. Anyone got any leftovers?

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

17 Aug 2014, 19:22

If I'm not wrong this is MOZ's GB, he had some bad luck, his apartment caught fire and lost almost all his stuff. Also most of the stickers were lost in the fire together with keyboard stuff, sad story.

scottc

17 Aug 2014, 19:36

That's a real shame, I hadn't heard about it.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

17 Aug 2014, 19:58

GH stuff, been spending too much time over there ... way too much

BlueBär

17 Aug 2014, 20:06

Quoted from GH:
It's only natural to ask that question, and the answer is, no. I hate to say it, but it is true, along with all the packing stuff, the packaged stickers, and the unpackaged, almost all the stickers are now ashes.

The harsh reality is that, the stickers were one of the first to catch fire, and spread it, you can see power plug with naked wire coming out if it in the picture above. The place is still being fixed up, detoxified (Burnt vinyl is dangerous). I will try to find a way to mend things, just need time.
The picture that is mentioned:
Spoiler:

Eszett

18 Aug 2014, 03:55

I didn’t noticed, that this thread was a year old before I posted my question. As this GB seems to be aborted, I looked out for other vendors. Techkeys sells these stickers, but for 9$ a sheet, which is quite expensive. http://techkeys.us/products/vinyl-switch-stickers

macmakkara

18 Aug 2014, 07:54

Oh yeah. True.

Gloomy Moonie

21 Aug 2014, 23:30

Any chance for the revival of this GB? Very interested.

BlueBär

21 Aug 2014, 23:41

Mohit is currently moving/just moved (?) to Johannesburg. Maybe he will do another one but when is unknown.

Return to “Group buys”