13 Aug 2014, 16:33

Muirium wrote: #0005 here!
is that your order number or your Rank number

Muirium
µ

13 Aug 2014, 16:37

Fortunately I am not that crazy…
This puts you on rank #30.
I'm guessing most of the people above me either bought in earlier for Round 4 etc. or are resellers. I suppose 7bit's occasional whole keyboards also count. My rank is mostly Round 5, with a side serving of tasty MX greens and SPH leftovers for dessert.

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 16:40

Muirium wrote: Fortunately I am not that crazy…
I'm guessing most of the people above me either bought in earlier for Round 4 etc. or are resellers. I suppose 7bit's occasional whole keyboards also count. My rank is mostly Round 5, with a side serving of tasty MX greens and SPH leftovers for dessert.
thats right, its cumulative across the whole 7bit system... thats still pretty good...

Muirium
µ

13 Aug 2014, 16:42

"Good". As in…

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 16:44

well now i know who to look for to source a white alpha set :P, i tried cobbling together one from the zany international languages, but the diferent row profiles make it impossible lol

Muiriums (Slightly) Used Caps

Muirium
µ

13 Aug 2014, 16:49

Indeed. I'll have my own "leftovers" sale at some point, once I've tried the various colour schemes in real life. Probably not much (I'm OCD about caps) but it's all good stuff.

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 16:54

Muirium wrote: Indeed. I'll have my own "leftovers" sale at some point, once I've tried the various colour schemes in real life. Probably not much (I'm OCD about caps) but it's all good stuff.
I'm sure there will be tons of Round 5 trading both from people with surplus caps and from people who just dont do SA. i always end up seeing a ton of Penumbra and other SA kits that people just can't get down with but they bought for one reason or another.

7bit

13 Aug 2014, 19:20

Counting is for Round 3, Round 4, Round 5, Phantom and CherryMX.

RaleghDirat
Prisoner of Technology

13 Aug 2014, 19:34

Can I have my ranking just for R5? ;)

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 19:37

7bit wrote:
Counting is for Round 3, Round 4, Round 5, Phantom and CherryMX.
That's quite a lot. I have to imagine the gap between like the top 10 and whoever is in 11th is pretty wide or something like that.

Which reminds me, how did you become the Groupbuy Overlord 7bit? What motivated you into these endeavors? and do you sort all the caps yourself?

GSimon

13 Aug 2014, 20:12

I've tried to remove two items from my order and both attempts didn't work. I followed the steps in the How To Order page.

I want to remove these:

BLANK/R1U100/WHITE
BLANK/R2U200/WHITE

And sent a PM like this

BLANK/R1U100/WHITE 0
BLANK/R2U200/WHITE 0

7bit

13 Aug 2014, 20:14

RaleghDirat wrote: Can I have my ranking just for R5? ;)
SL89 wrote: That's quite a lot. I have to imagine the gap between like the top 10 and whoever is in 11th is pretty wide or something like that.

Which reminds me, how did you become the Groupbuy Overlord 7bit? What motivated you into these endeavors? and do you sort all the caps yourself?
I do it with software that runs at the commandline and not with toys like Google Docs, Excel, or Lotus 1-2-3.
:roll:

The keycaps sorting will done by a perl script which will be executed in my brain.
:ugeek:

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 20:29

7bit wrote:
RaleghDirat wrote: Can I have my ranking just for R5? ;)
SL89 wrote: That's quite a lot. I have to imagine the gap between like the top 10 and whoever is in 11th is pretty wide or something like that.

I do it with software that runs at the commandline and not with toys like Google Docs, Excel, or Lotus 1-2-3.
:roll:

The keycaps sorting will done by a perl script which will be executed in my brain.
Thank you 7bit! It still seems like a herculean effort. Whats's my GB rank for Round 5 if you don't mind :D
7bot wrote:42.

GSimon

13 Aug 2014, 20:38

Got a follow up mail, the keys are removed now! Need to order more though as I have money left in the account still.

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 20:54

42 is a good number.

I think you must have edited my post instead of responding, but thanks either way.

Muirium
µ

13 Aug 2014, 20:57

If mine is higher than my order number, I don't want to know it…

7bit

13 Aug 2014, 20:57

No, it was the bot himself.
:o

@Muirium: so you don't want to know it.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

13 Aug 2014, 20:59

I would also not like to know.

I'd be up there with the best in the "Number of PMs to 7bot" stakes though...

7bit

13 Aug 2014, 21:02

top 10.*

-------------------------------
*) top 8 in fact
:lol:

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

13 Aug 2014, 21:04

SL89 wrote: well now i know who to look for to source a white alpha set :P, i tried cobbling together one from the zany international languages, but the diferent row profiles make it impossible lol

Combining BEPOALPHA, COLRAK, GHB and FJ, and including incorrectly oriented 180° rotations, I got 19/26. I found making an all grey cryptic layout using 1u MODSYMs more interesting, but I haven't properly worked it out yet.

Speaking of which, last I knew there was only one NOFUN left :o

Halvar

13 Aug 2014, 21:05

7bit wrote: The keycaps sorting will done by a perl script which will be executed in my brain.
Larry Wall doesn't know about this, but 7bit's brain is already able to execute Perl 6 code only using subconscious instincts!

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 21:06

facetsesame wrote:
SL89 wrote: well now i know who to look for to source a white alpha set :P, i tried cobbling together one from the zany international languages, but the diferent row profiles make it impossible lol

Combining BEPOALPHA, COLRAK, GHB and FJ, and including incorrectly oriented 180° rotations, I got 19/26. I found making an all grey cryptic layout using 1u MODSYMs more interesting, but I haven't properly worked it out yet.

Speaking of which, last I knew there was only one NOFUN left :o
I think i'll just wait for the madness of after market Round 5

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

13 Aug 2014, 21:07

That'd be the sane thing to do :)

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

13 Aug 2014, 21:08

Oblig:

This is just like old times! 8-)

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 21:12

facetsesame wrote: That'd be the sane thing to do :)
oh wow, that is... a thing :lol:

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

13 Aug 2014, 21:29

SL89 wrote:
Heh, it's the result of trying to make up a whole set with the correct colours from the Round 4 leftovers in November. When I have a SPH/REPAIR and a few bits from somewhere else, it will be complete!

SL89

13 Aug 2014, 21:33

facetsesame wrote:
SL89 wrote:
Heh, it's the result of trying to make up a whole set with the correct colours from the Round 4 leftovers in November. When I have a SPH/REPAIR and a few bits from somewhere else, it will be complete!
You sir, are a mad scientest

mashby

21 Aug 2014, 23:04

The following payments have been received for this group buy: jackhumbert

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your switches to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.

beltet

22 Aug 2014, 21:57

How is the production going?

Muirium
µ

22 Aug 2014, 23:32

They like to keep quiet until they're done.

Return to “Group buys”