Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

docwlad

24 Aug 2014, 15:47

If production is going to be finished at the end of August, when do you all think these will ship? Because I'm moving at the end of September, just wondering if I'm going to need to change the address on my order.

Muirium
µ

24 Aug 2014, 16:31

7bit's cunning solution: PM the bot to submit a new address. But use it as a message to him. DO NOT SHIP!

That way you can send a do not ship warning a couple of weeks before you move, then update to your new address when you're done.

Yslen

24 Aug 2014, 16:32

My solution : send everything to your parents house :P

docwlad

24 Aug 2014, 19:32

Yslen wrote: My solution : send everything to your parents house :P
Hmmm... I like it!

ninjadoc

25 Aug 2014, 16:10

Muirium wrote: If mine is higher than my order number, I don't want to know it…
I would bet number 1. I'm not stupid enough to ask mine. ;)

Muirium
µ

25 Aug 2014, 16:49

Once upon a time, 7bit said his personal order was the largest of them all. But that was long ago, and I must have doubled mine during that time…

Going to have to get my camera ready and strike while the aftermarket is hot!

SL89

25 Aug 2014, 17:00

Muirium wrote: Once upon a time, 7bit said his personal order was the largest of them all. But that was long ago, and I must have doubled mine during that time…

Going to have to get my camera ready and strike while the aftermarket is hot!
Besides owning an OG Honeywell board, is there any reason you are so very vested in Round 5?

Muirium
µ

25 Aug 2014, 17:08

Don't tell me you're a stranger to keycap insanity, SL89. I know better!

SL89

25 Aug 2014, 17:10

Muirium wrote: Don't tell me you're a stranger to keycap insanity, SL89. I know better!
Oh i am party to the madness as well, i'm just curious as to your motivations. Tho i guess seeking a rational answer for the insanity of Round 5 is a bit quixotic.

Muirium
µ

25 Aug 2014, 18:24

Round 5 came at the perfect time. I had my custom 60% built before I had a full set of caps for it. My original plan was DSA Dolch, but that GB was developing into a trainwreck. I bought Matteo's own R4 SPH set, which gave me a taste of what they were like, but needed to pick through 7bit's leftovers for missing sizes. Ducky Nordic sent me a Shine 3 as a contest prize, with two sets of cylindrical blanks. I knew I preferred sphericals then, preferably with legends and, um, not yellow. And somewhere along the line I picked up a Tipro matrix keyboard I had big ideas for (before finding out how bad its software is and then tearing it apart in a futile attempt to turn it into a monster custom).

So I had a load of targets in mind, and was holding a Round 5 hammer…

If Granite had come along earlier, I probably wouldn't have ordered as much in Round 5. 7bit gets points for launching early, and keeping orders open. Can't say I'm a fan of the immense wait, but a few months (rather than many months!) of ordering is a good invitation to go crazy.

Really it was all the fault of those sweet, sweet SPH. I never would have gone so deep if I hadn't fallen so badly for them!

Round 4 Redux, anyone? Planning 2015…

SL89

25 Aug 2014, 18:31

Thank you for that Muirium, i found DT a bit late in my pursuit. I ended up with some of the leftovers from Matt3o's Skull Squad on SP before i even had a board to put them on. Then when i found out about Round 5 it was pretty much my fav colourway and i hadn't had any sphericals (this is before i ended up with some of the Filco doubleshots) but i was SO SO SO intimidated by DT (i thought it was gonna be more of the same from Geekhack,) and even more so intimidated by the Round 5 wiki / ordering method / 7bot that i missed my chance to get a perfect Honey set, so i opted for a murdered out kit, then somethings to off set that, then a frankenstein kit, then a bit more and so on and so forth. I'll be very happy if i end up with ONE kit in the proper colourway. But honestly Round 5 is what brought me to DT, and all the help, conversations and information made me stay.

As far as Round 4 Redux, i would be so very down, the Space Cadet theme appeals to me very much. Someday ill get a DG style setup or something like that.

Muirium
µ

25 Aug 2014, 18:36

You got Filco's doubleshots? Pics! And have you got any SA caps to compare them with? Every time we mention Filco's, we guess they are regular SA by SP, but I haven't seen proof.

Incidentally, I'm still too intimidated to post on GH…

SL89

25 Aug 2014, 18:42

Muirium wrote: You got Filco's doubleshots? Pics! And have you got any SA caps to compare them with? Every time we mention Filco's, we guess they are regular SA by SP, but I haven't seen proof.

Oh i didn't think they were notable enough to even take a picture of, but i sure can and i don't have any SA caps atm. But from what i can tell, the legends are nor SP standard, and the 'deep dish' is very different from what i have seen of the SA 'deep dishes' ill borrow my brothers camera and get some shots of them. If i had to guess id say they are similar to SA Row 2 for the F-row and Numrow and all the others are similar to SA Row 3. So they are tall and sculpted but lack the same emulation of a curved backplate.

And yeah i came from Reddit, so both seemed intimidating in different ways. Geekhack for the fake rivalry between Ripster's flock and Geekhack and DT for being 'very serious' as it seemed to me at the time.

caligo

27 Aug 2014, 12:23

Ummm... Why did I suddenly get an invoice asking me to pay 3.70€, when the last one said I had paid everything to the penny? Did the prices change again?

EDIT: Never mind, just 7bot acting up. Apparently it didn't play well with my paypal/bank transfer shenanigans during the initial payment. :-)

ray4jc

27 Aug 2014, 22:00

Muirium wrote: You got Filco's doubleshots? Pics! And have you got any SA caps to compare them with? Every time we mention Filco's, we guess they are regular SA by SP, but I haven't seen proof.

The high profile filco caps are definitely made by SP, a lot of people got them in their crap bags.

And http://keypuller.com/high-profile-double-shot-by-filco/ says so so it must be true!! :o

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

27 Aug 2014, 22:10

FWIW, ISTR reading somewhere the Filco caps were SP TAA ABS.
SP currently have some 4.5 and 6.2u TAA SA spaces in their inventory (PDF).

andrewjoy

27 Aug 2014, 22:45

Anything has to be better than standard filco caps, trust them to make a very solid board ( by modern standards ) and populate it with horrid caps

i have had cheap rubber domes with better caps

SL89

27 Aug 2014, 23:50

I really do like them and they will serve on my main board at work until i get my Round 5. I'll do a comparison shoot with both when i have them both in my hands.

Huge step up from the thin transluscent ABS ones that came on the Code.

mashby

28 Aug 2014, 00:47

The following payments have been received for this group buy: zacjor1, priyadi

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your switches to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.

ninjadoc

28 Aug 2014, 21:57

Why are you intimidated? Most would/should be impressed my your knowledge. Please contribute over there too. I and I know others follow your comments with interest. I'm on Geekhack more than here; that's where I began this keyboard insanity but I was happy to contribute to keep this board going. I don't post much on either board - more of a lurker and not always good about expressing myself well.

Enough digression, any idea when we will see these key caps?

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2014, 22:03

I was just kidding. One of the things I like most about DT is its size. The forum spy is usually slow enough I can follow stuff at a glance. I'd probably jump right in the deep end at GH, and come up for air after a few weeks of sleepless nights wondering where on earth the time went! I'm not great at observing limits…

whitecitadel

28 Aug 2014, 22:05

ninjadoc wrote:
Enough digression, any idea when we will see these key caps?
Santa's bringing them, anything sooner is just a bonus. :lol:

7bit

28 Aug 2014, 22:48

October, or November. We will see ...
:roll:

Status update: key caps are still in production.
:cry:

andrewjoy

29 Aug 2014, 03:26

7bit wrote: October, or November. We will see ...

Any chance they can produce another round 4 repair kit for me !

SL89

29 Aug 2014, 04:13

7bit wrote: October, or November. We will see ...

7bit do you have to sort everything yourself? or are they doing it for you?

7bit

29 Aug 2014, 11:05

Hopefully not!
:shock:

I will let a Perl script do the job.
:ugeek:

mashby

29 Aug 2014, 16:13

The following payments have been received for this group buy: docwlad.

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your switches to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.

docwlad

29 Aug 2014, 21:52

mashby wrote: The following payments have been received for this group buy: docwlad.
Awesome! Now I have... pretty much every key I need. Except for the group above the arrow keys (HONEY/CURSORBASE). I can use blanks if I need to... but here's hoping I can pick some up in the undoubtedly bustling aftermarket! :D

SL89

29 Aug 2014, 22:49

docwlad wrote:
mashby wrote: The following payments have been received for this group buy: docwlad.
Awesome! Now I have... pretty much every key I need. Except for the group above the arrow keys (HONEY/CURSORBASE). I can use blanks if I need to... but here's hoping I can pick some up in the undoubtedly bustling aftermarket! :D
I had the same issue, i think i have most of the d-pads, but the nav cluster was pretty much gone as soon as i placed my first order

Muirium
µ

29 Aug 2014, 22:53

If I knew Perl, I'd run a script and be showing off about how many I have in each colour. But I don't. It's at least one of each, though.

Looking at my invoice and the wiki, looks like four: one of each precisely. Optimisations I can barely even remember!

Return to “Group buys”