[SHIPPING] Granite Set ~ 100% PBT ~ Dye Sub ~ DSA

matt3o
-[°_°]-

04 Aug 2014, 13:08

if you have problems with gaps, contact Melissa, I'm sure she will be replacing them.

Re the function row, try with 2 o-rings

Madhias
BS TORPE

04 Aug 2014, 13:20

matt3o wrote: Re the function row, try with 2 o-rings
Great idea, will try that. It's just because of the Filco case, where the F-row caps are not that much sticking out.

Yslen

04 Aug 2014, 13:50

I think I'm noticing my gaps more because of the back light. If I switch it off everything looks much more uniform. I'm going to see if SP can provide replacements. I can live with this set as is, it's still beautiful, but I would think twice about future PBT buys from SP at the moment. I'm hoping the replacements will restore my confidence, as in many ways this is the best keycap set I've ever used.

Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2014, 15:55

Interesting. Your alignment isn't any worse than mine, but you see the wiggles a lot more because of the wider spacing of the switches on your keyboard.

vs.

What model is that, and do you get a lot of light leak when using other caps as well?

Madhias
BS TORPE

04 Aug 2014, 17:19

You're talking about the alignment of the caps itself, and not the printing (especially between R and T or K and L or V and B or I and O or 0, ß and P and Ü, etc.)?

It's a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL. I have to look if i have some pictures of it from top with the caps i used on this keyboard before, but those where the standard Filco caps.

On your picture you don't really see the spaces between the caps because of the different lightning, maybe the low and rare Scottish sun?
Spoiler:
From webwit's Majestouch 2 review; the spacing seems to be wider?

Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2014, 17:25

Ah, I jumbled your keyboard picture and Yslen's complaint. No backlight there! But definitely a bit more space between the keys than a NovaTouch.

The downside of closer caps (besides rubbing into each other, which they don't, fortunately) is that a keypuller is trickier to use. I'm so used to swapping caps on my NovaTouch that I'd forgotten how extra space can make it easier elsewhere. Nothing too difficult, though. I quite like the close packed look, besides.

Yslen

04 Aug 2014, 17:29

Sorry for the confusion! Mine looks like this, sorry only photo I have on my phone. I've emailed Melissa so I'm on their list. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I know it's a failing!

Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2014, 19:08

Madhias has a point: the light's so soft here that shadows tend to be hazy, so maybe there's no physical difference.

But if there is, your gaps do indeed look more like Madhias' Filco's. I wonder if a certain NovaTouch possessing engineer could bring a micrometer of some sort to this problem and confirm the switch spacing on the Topre?

Madhias
BS TORPE

05 Aug 2014, 13:58

So far the second day at work with my Granite set. I have to say i l-o-v-e the color theme. The color combination is overall very 'cold', especially the light grey / white caps. To say it again: let's make in the future more sets with these legends!

Also contacted Melissa right now to exchange some of the too strong warped caps.

Madhias
BS TORPE

22 Aug 2014, 12:39

Got my replacement caps yesterday, it was really fast and many thanks to Signature Plastics and Melissa for the great support! Unfortunately i had no time to replace the caps until now, but it's Friday and the weekend starts soon. All one unit caps have been replaced.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Madhias on 22 Aug 2014, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.

Kurk

22 Aug 2014, 12:51

The replacements arrived here as well. Great customer service from Signature Plastics!

kakarlsen

24 Aug 2014, 22:42

Got my ISO enter keys, and a new intl. NO+++ kit. The enter keys look great. The profile fits better than I expected. The new intl. kit... I only complained to SP about the legends on the ÆØÅ keys. And they are just as bad in the replacement kit. The Ø is way smaller than the O, The Å is to far to the right, and the Æ seems to be both to small and also badly positioned (low and to the right). But I also found that the keys with the blue additional legends were different from my first kit. I can't get a good picture on my crapPhone, but to my eyes, they look less sharp than the first ones I got. Less blue, if that makes any sense. I'm just hoping for better QC for Round 2.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

25 Aug 2014, 07:55

kakarlsen wrote: Got my ISO enter keys, and a new intl. NO+++ kit. The enter keys look great. The profile fits better than I expected. The new intl. kit... I only complained to SP about the legends on the ÆØÅ keys. And they are just as bad in the replacement kit. The Ø is way smaller than the O, The Å is to far to the right, and the Æ seems to be both to small and also badly positioned (low and to the right). But I also found that the keys with the blue additional legends were different from my first kit. I can't get a good picture on my crapPhone, but to my eyes, they look less sharp than the first ones I got. Less blue, if that makes any sense. I'm just hoping for better QC for Round 2.
please can you send me a picture so I can check if it's a problem with the original design (my bad) or with production (SP's bad)?

kakarlsen

25 Aug 2014, 09:10

I will give it a go later today.

kakarlsen

25 Aug 2014, 21:36

Today? I will have to delay it till tomorrow!

Pundane

26 Aug 2014, 19:59

Is it me, or is there missing two keys from the International set in Round 2 which were there in Round 1?

These two: http://i.imgur.com/jHuHYhO.png

<>\ and `´|

edit: Not sure if this is the right place to point it out. I'll post on MD

Madhias
BS TORPE

26 Aug 2014, 22:29

PhineasRex

01 Sep 2014, 21:51

I still haven't received a shipping notification. When is all of the shipping supposed to be finished?

nukec

04 Sep 2014, 01:02

Anyone has cyrillic set to sell?

imbattable

18 Sep 2014, 00:22

I am a happy camper! My Granite Caps arrived finally yesterday. Thanks a lot to Melissa for helping me out (and damn German customs!)

Globkul

01 Oct 2014, 17:29

Perhaps a bit late, but I'm interested in this GB because of the style, even though it has ended already.

Any chance of a similar GB in the near future?

macmakkara

01 Oct 2014, 17:44

There was already round 2 at Massdrop. You missed that also.

Globkul

01 Oct 2014, 17:47

Thanks for the info. In that case, V3? ^^

Dakine234

19 Oct 2014, 23:54

In the unlikely event that someone would like to sell or has an extra a full set (base and modifiers text or icons) please shoot me a PM!

Velyks

11 Dec 2014, 11:39

I've just found out about these keys and I think they look fantastic.

Is there a plan to hold another round of buys for these at a later date?

SL89

11 Dec 2014, 14:24

i have yet to take mine out of the box even, i can't do it until i get a board to put them on lol

matt3o
-[°_°]-

11 Dec 2014, 15:27

I don't think we will run any more rounds... let's see next year.

prava

11 Dec 2014, 16:12

http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/thi ... e-sub-pbt/

Isn't this a pseudo-granite? Colours look really similar (haven't checked Granite's color code), and they are also dye-sub on PBT (and DSA, obv).

Hypersphere

11 Dec 2014, 18:08

prava wrote: http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/thi ... e-sub-pbt/

Isn't this a pseudo-granite? Colours look really similar (haven't checked Granite's color code), and they are also dye-sub on PBT (and DSA, obv).
Yes, looks like a sort-of copy of the Granite set.

Velyks

11 Dec 2014, 18:45

Does anyone have any suggestions to a similar set that I could get for a 105-key UK ISO keyboard? Mostly being DSA and gray

Return to “Group buys”