Store passwords in your Teensy keyboard

pietergen

22 Sep 2014, 17:23

Why store passwords in some unsafe cloud? When you can have them inside your keyboard!

http://youtu.be/NYISDdXiGmY

Great idea. Now only put a masterpassword on your keyboard....

chzel

22 Sep 2014, 17:28

And hope there is no keylogger installed.

Muirium
µ

22 Sep 2014, 17:43

If there's a key logger, you're screwed anyway.

In fact, merely avoiding the appearance of having a mysterious box on your desk that could be a keylogger is a big reason for people to build their Soarer's converter inside their keyboard at work, in case someone freaks when they see the Teensy!

andrewjoy

22 Sep 2014, 17:49

Work always freaks with anything non standard plugged into USB, i got funny looks with a bluecube back when i had the ML keyboard.

pietergen

22 Sep 2014, 18:26

Muirium wrote: .....merely avoiding the appearance of having a mysterious box on your desk that could be a keylogger is a big reason for people to build their Soarer's converter inside their keyboard at work, in case someone freaks when they see the Teensy!
So, the other way around: if you would want to put a keylogger on someone's computer, be sure to put it *inside* their keyboard :lol:

noesc

22 Sep 2014, 21:55

Fun that you're just starting to talk about this, I'm actually designing/implementing this as a PoC. :)
(keylogger inside the keyboard that is)

Halvar

22 Sep 2014, 22:34

A PoC? Who doubts that that's possible?

bowabos

09 Oct 2014, 16:36

People have stored much more in Teensy... For a short read, look at the videos toward the end.

http://www.securitysift.com/fun-with-teensy/

And unfortunatly others are abusing firmware update without hardward dip-switch to upload such payload in keyboards...

quantalume

09 Oct 2014, 16:53

Regarding the OP, it's a nice idea, but I have over 200 passwords, which I currently manage with KeePass. What would be useful though is end-to-end encryption from the keyboard controller to the application (either PC or web-based). That way, as long as you maintain physical security over your keyboard, you're protected from man-in-the-middle attacks.

Return to “Keyboards”