[Petition] Keep the old Corsair Logo - PLEASE HELP GUYS

andrewjoy

29 Sep 2014, 19:48

Halvar wrote: That's true. For as long as Cindy's warehouse isn't sold out, the fabrication of new keyboards worldwide should be stopped.

In fact all OEMs of keyboard should be sent to that warehouse and told " hey you cheap arse, this is how you build a keyboard" you don't even get 1/2 decent domes with a pc in this day and age.

Say what you will about apple but there modern keyboards are pretty decent. Hell even the KB-9965 from Compaq was usable, but now uhhh just look at the shit lenovo send out way to keep up the ibm legacy. Whats even more annoying is they can make a decent keyboard the ones on the laptops are pretty decent ( i am thinking X61).

7bit

29 Sep 2014, 21:48

No send them to the now empty warehouse, so all those who are kids today, can buy their childhood-dream keyboards NIB from old stock in a dusty warehouse!
:P

the1onewolf

29 Sep 2014, 22:02

dorkvader wrote:
the1onewolf wrote: Corsair doesn't have a premium image. At least half of corsair's stuff are just rebranded products from another company.
95 percent of companies everywhere do this. It is very common to design a product yourself and pay another company to actually make it for you. OEMs like foxconn are huge.

so what if that corsair PSU was made by superflower? so what if costar made the keyboard? unless it is a reference design (like the WASD V1) then corsair has a huge amount of input to the design and specifications.

There aren't many companies that make their own stuff anymore. Unicomp is one, but they don't really design anything so I'm not sure if they count.
In corsair's case, many of their products are just literal rebrands.
webwit wrote: I just noticed this reply from Corsair, where some manager gives the finger to your petition :lol:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1457106/tpu- ... t_22898178
That was a great reply. :lol:
Props to corsair.

Muirium
µ

29 Sep 2014, 22:07

andrewjoy wrote: Say what you will about apple but there modern keyboards are pretty decent.
That's fighting talk, that is. I consider myself one of the most pro-Apple people on the forum (mmm… Yosemite!) but their keyboards are piss poor unless you like absolute minimum travel. And even then the thumpy/trebly sound of them irks my ears. Apple's keyboards used to be worse (white + clear insect traps I'm looking at you) but their ethereal lightness nowadays is the polar opposite of the physicality of classic boards. I like the layout, and the backlighting is passable, but I only type on them when there's no good alternative. Despite one always sitting right there on my Mac!

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Sep 2014, 22:52

the1onewolf wrote: That was a great reply. :lol:
Props to corsair.
Personally, I don't think so. It's a fallacy, a classic argumentum ad hominem. He doesn't address the criticism, but attacks the critics instead. He is the adult, you know, and the critics are idiots. Which is all he is saying. If he's there for Corsair marketing, that is not very professional.

7bit

29 Sep 2014, 22:55

In his postion, I'd sell extra replacement logos in the old style, so they can retrofit their keyboards with them.
=> $$$.
:evilgeek:

Halvar

29 Sep 2014, 23:10

What should he have done? Make them feel important by stroking their egos and sending them stickers while still not listening to them, like you would expect from a marketing guy?

I like how he surprises them by not doing the obvious but showing emotion and going the honest road and telling them that it really is irrelevant what they think about it because they are not the relevant target group. Screw "professional", nobody wants to hear that bla bla anyway.

andrewjoy

29 Sep 2014, 23:24

Muirium wrote:
andrewjoy wrote: Say what you will about apple but there modern keyboards are pretty decent.
That's fighting talk, that is. I consider myself one of the most pro-Apple people on the forum (mmm… Yosemite!) but their keyboards are piss poor
Don't get me wrong they are crap compared to a mechanical but VS 90% of rubber domes , yeh they are decent compared to them. The sound is kind of crappy yes but i do like the sound of the spacebar on the TLK Bluetooth.

Oh and Snow Leopard FTW. May go back to it on my 06 macbook lion just does not do it for me. And the keyboard does not even support the shortcuts for lion as my macbook shipped with tiger :P. I need to check if the price on the 2008 macbook pros has dropped when they get to a decent price thats my upgrade for a laptop the one with 512mb of vram :)

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Sep 2014, 23:27

Halvar wrote: What should he have done? Make them feel important by stroking their egos and sending them stickers while still not listening to them, like you would expect from a marketing guy?

I like how he surprises them by not doing the obvious but showing emotion and going the honest road and telling them that it really is irrelevant what they think about it because they are not the relevant target group. Screw "professional", nobody wants to hear that bla bla anyway.
One can lay down the facts without calling the other party idiots. Although this might not be entirely inaccurate, considering it's OCN. But in the end the logo is indeed ugly.

Halvar

01 Oct 2014, 17:21

Salomonian compromise: offer both ...

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthr ... post730416

:lol:

7bit

01 Oct 2014, 19:55

Shit! I planned to put the silhouette of a sailing ship on all my Hyper keyboards, to make lots of $$$ from the frustrated Corsair customers!
:evil:

the1onewolf

02 Oct 2014, 00:41

Hahaha xD

andrewjoy

02 Oct 2014, 08:29

7bit wrote: Shit! I planned to put the silhouette of a sailing ship on all my Hyper keyboards, to make lots of $$$ from the frustrated Corsair customers!
:evil:
i have seen photos of your keybord its madness ! so cool tho

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Oct 2014, 09:03

I can't believe there's an argument about this thing. For the forum sanity please close this topic.

the1onewolf

02 Oct 2014, 09:20

matt3o wrote: I can't believe there's an argument about this thing. For the forum sanity please close this topic.
Hey now, stop disrespecting free speech just because this topic annoys you.

That being said though, I don't think think this belongs under keyboards.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Oct 2014, 09:33

this is getting even funnier. I'm disrespecting free speech!

this thread is disrespectful of human intellect. but please respect my opinion

andrewjoy

02 Oct 2014, 10:14

I think it should be in off topic

Halvar

02 Oct 2014, 10:18

Do I hear some contempt here for what marketing guys do the whole day long to pay their Rolex? :twisted:

scottc

02 Oct 2014, 10:37

andrewjoy wrote: I think it should be in off topic
I think it should be in /dev/null

But then again, it feels like it came from

Code: Select all

cat /dev/urandom | strings
:roll:

the1onewolf

02 Oct 2014, 23:40

matt3o wrote: this is getting even funnier. I'm disrespecting free speech!

this thread is disrespectful of human intellect. but please respect my opinion
Again, don't be an asshole just because you think this topic is stupid.
webwit wrote:
Halvar wrote: What should he have done? Make them feel important by stroking their egos and sending them stickers while still not listening to them, like you would expect from a marketing guy?

One can lay down the facts without calling the other party idiots. Although this might not be entirely inaccurate, considering it's OCN. But in the end the logo is indeed ugly.
That kind of stuff only works in the classroom.

scottc

02 Oct 2014, 23:43

This thread is hilarious. :lol:

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Oct 2014, 00:00

the1onewolf wrote: That kind of stuff only works in the classroom.
That kind of empty statement as counter-argument doesn't work on deskthority! :twisted:

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 00:22

Can't we all just agree on Nyan Cat and get along?

scottc

03 Oct 2014, 00:25

Is it jam on toast? Or a pop-tart?!

7bit

03 Oct 2014, 00:41

I recommend one of these as new logo:
The one in the center is what Round 5 will be shipping with.

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 00:46

Just one?
scottc wrote: Is it jam on toast? Or a pop-tart?!
Know your memes! It was even a DT header once upon a time:

Correct answer: pop-tart. Now remember to come to me after class about your lines!

webwit
Wild Duck

03 Oct 2014, 00:56

Why buy Corsair anyway. It's an American company! This means a backdoor keylogger in their keyboards! :geek:

Muirium
µ

03 Oct 2014, 00:59

Aftermarket metal cases are really all about blocking those evil signals. Why else would we want all that extra weight and inconvenience. We're smart guys!

beltet

03 Oct 2014, 01:08

7bit wrote: I recommend one of these as new logo:
Spoiler:
The one in the center is what Round 5 will be shipping with.
I would go for one of these:
Spoiler:
Its a little more "powha!" into them!

EDIT:
No! This one:
Spoiler:

chzel

03 Oct 2014, 01:45

I propose this:
Spoiler:

Return to “Keyboards”