Various Fanboy Stickers

Topre Enthusiast

28 Jun 2014, 15:38

Good question...I was under the impression that they would be more like decals/transfers because a striped logo like IBM's would just be too fiddly otherwise. Could you separate each letter of the stickers in your image?

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Jun 2014, 15:45

Yes. I don't know if the D is that way because of cutting limitations, or because small parts like the inside of the D would be hard to transfer. Maybe sixty knows.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

28 Jun 2014, 16:13

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Almost. The gaps are too narrow ;-)
You have a point there, I wonder if it's necessary to get all the bars on the cherries.

Hey, your avatar would make a good badge for IBM keyboards that are missing their square logo.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

28 Jun 2014, 17:17

Those extra lines in the "D" were added by the company that made the stickers, yeah. They were not on my original templates that I sent to them. I'm assuming that they did it because we did not meet the limitations of their machinery. Unfortunately all of the documentation is in Korean, so I didn't know :?

Muirium
µ

28 Jun 2014, 17:32

한국어 키보드 과학의 기본 언어입니다. 우리는 우리의 어리석은 영어를 편협한 것입니다.

Okay, so Google Translate still stinks…

Compgeke

28 Jun 2014, 18:35

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Almost. The gaps are too narrow ;-)
With the Topre logo I noticed even lines don't look very great. I went with the smaller gaps for readability as this is what you otherwise get.

Madhias
BS TORPE

28 Jun 2014, 18:49

webwit wrote: How do pvc film stickers work? They have a transparent background? White? No background? [...] The IBM style logos would be hard with no background?
The sticker itself is for example blue (opaque). The stickers will be cut out on the sticker material, but only the sticker itself, not the 'base', background. Afterwards the sticker material, which is not needed, will be removed. Then i'll add a transfer film on top. Afterwards you can remove the base layer of the sticker material. Then you have the sticker itself and the transfer sticker material - and now you can put it wherever you want to. It's even possible to make more than one color. Sorry for my bad English explanation...
sixty wrote: Those extra lines in the "D" were added by the company that made the stickers, yeah. They were not on my original templates that I sent to them. I'm assuming that they did it because we did not meet the limitations of their machinery. Unfortunately all of the documentation is in Korean, so I didn't know :?
The D is maybe cut because you would loose the inner part of the D (like a stencil) - but i don't know if these are normal transfer stickers with 3 parts: bottom, sticker, transfer sticker?

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Jun 2014, 02:44

In that case I want an IBM duck! :D

Cherry1990

13 Oct 2014, 01:12

Where I can buy Cherry stickers like this one?
webwit wrote: Image
Thank you! ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

13 Oct 2014, 01:35

These particular ones were from a group buy on OTD (Korea) a couple of years ago, so you can't currently buy them.

Cherry1990

13 Oct 2014, 01:45

Thank you. I am lucky as usual... :cry:
No hope to have a new group in Europe? Mmm... I don't think, Cherry is not very common here...

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

13 Oct 2014, 08:47

Hmm. I'd like to see some new stickers, particularly some PFU stickers like on the old HHKBs (pre topre days):

source: this beautiful imgur album :o :shock:

Edit: ha. didn't notice this was an older thread, and i posted exactly the same suggestion twice. :oops:

:x wait
:maverick: i still want them
8-)

Madhias
BS TORPE

13 Oct 2014, 12:31

I just did some - maybe 2 or 3 test stickers - about a month ago, but unfortunately nothing more yet. I have too much sticker material, which should be used. Damn lazy me!
sth wrote: Hmm. I'd like to see some new stickers, particularly some PFU stickers like on the old HHKBs (pre topre days):
Hm, that seems to be really small! I don't know if this will work out.

I've also had the idea to make some keyboard silk-screen printed t-shirts. I did silk printing a lot in the past, and had my own workshop, which is now due to normal work and less time kind of abandoned. I also found out that ordering printed shirts (silk-screen printed) is easier and cheaper - but less fun. So what about some IBM T-Shirts? Maybe great for the modern keyboard hipster. I just used for now the IBM Model M patents, and i think i read that you can actual use graphics from patents, but it could be wrong.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

13 Oct 2014, 13:43

I think the PFU stickers could be black printed on vinyl/some other clear plastic and die cut around the outline, leaving the clear/adhesive part intact on the triangle. less optimally, a simplified triangle could be used.

re: t shirts: i will be getting some screen printing equipment soon when i move into my new apartment. i can make a buckling spring print and do made-to-order shirts :)

Cherry1990

25 Oct 2014, 01:17

Just bought some Cherry stickers. Hope they can jump the ocean safely... :D
Thanks to all!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

25 Oct 2014, 18:22

So what about some IBM T-Shirts?
I´d buy one for sure! 8-) I like the top two!
and i think i read that you can actual use graphics from patents, but it could be wrong.
I´d check on that before you go into production. :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-topic”