k3kc keycap images!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

29 Aug 2014, 12:06

DanielT wrote: Yes this is Capitalism in all it's beauty.
My question was rhetorical, I knew the answer, why work hard to create something original when you can hussle your way, there are always people ready to pay less in order to look "more"
I would rather have a genuine crappy Q&Q watch than a fake Rolex
my point was more that it doesn't really matter - even the people who create original things still run a hustle and i just fail to see why one hustle is more legitimate to the end user than the other when it just appears that some hustlers are more open about the nature of their hustle, and other hustlers keep quiet, work in the background with administrators and "power users" to position themselves advantageously.

that's not to say that i dont understand why people are upset - i'm mostly just saying that we, as consumers, don't get anything out of arguing over the authenticity of some keycaps other than a reinforced notion that some injection molded plastic is worth more than what the creators charge.

"it's bigger than hip hop"

Halvar

29 Aug 2014, 12:28

Whatever you think of CC's designs (I personally like the wingnut but not so much the skull):

I don't know about the US but in Europe if I wanted to use CC's original design I would have to license it, and if you ask me, that's the way it should be. The design needs to have some level of originality for that of course, which CC's keycap clearly have while a Round 4 coffee mug keycap may or may not have it.

If k3kc can do it anyway because he's in China where there's no law preventing that, what else can people in a community do other than shun him or shun people who buy from him. They have every right to do that if they feel that way about the morals of stealing a design.

Sure, a lot of the drama doesn't come from people who give a damn about proper licensing but people who thought it would be a good idea to build their retirement plan on hunting for novelty keycaps. My compassion for those is limited, and the drama is kind of amusing as far as those are concerned, but all in all the rejection is warranted imo.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

29 Aug 2014, 12:37

Halvar wrote: Whatever you think of CC's designs (I personally like the wingnut but not so much the skull):

I don't know about the US but in Europe if I wanted to use CC's original design I would have to license it, and if you ask me, that's the way it should be. The design needs to have some level of originality for that of course, which CC's keycap clearly have while a Round 4 coffee mug keycap may or may not have it.

If k3kc can do it anyway because he's in China where there's no law preventing that, what else can people in a community do other than shun him or shun people who buy from him. They have every right to do that if they feel that way about the morals of stealing a design.

Sure, a lot of the drama doesn't come from people who give a damn about proper licensing but people who thought it would be a good idea to build their retirement plan on hunting for novelty keycaps. My compassion for those is limited, and the drama is kind of amusing as far as those are concerned, but all in all the rejection is warranted imo.
i can't entirely disagree. if i was in CC or Bro Bots position i would be upset by the cloning, and it would bring me some consolation that there are people out there who support me and will refuse to buy the fakes.
the thing is, those two groups you brought up (fanboys vs retirees) are not at all incongruous, and the further you get up the 'collector' chain, the more those two groups taper off into one - whether they're intending to or not.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

29 Aug 2014, 13:01

For me life is easy, I can't afford a CC (I only like the Vader and the blank multicolor, the skull just freaks me ) and for Bro Bots I will not take part in the raffle system for as long it is hosted by you know who (I'm not a hypocrite, i would like to have one for retail price or for free :lol: ).
Some people running the sales are masters of marketing and hype generation, just seeing how people go hook, line and sink is amazing.
I saw arguments and drama on GH generated also from using a "proprietary" colorway in key set, for some this hobby became a source of big profit but they pose as saints and community heroes ....

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

29 Aug 2014, 13:06

like i said... the further up you go.

DanielT

29 Aug 2014, 13:08

You were right....

Now because this the Off-Topic area, I can go off-topic on this thread and ask a question: WTF is "#legitballin" ? I see that all over the place in super "hype" sale threads ....

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

01 Sep 2014, 12:23

DanielT wrote: You were right....

Now because this the Off-Topic area, I can go off-topic on this thread and ask a question: WTF is "#legitballin" ? I see that all over the place in super "hype" sale threads ....
well, there was a geekhack member LEGITBALLIN who posted a thread asking about how to clean feces out of a keyboard that he rage-shat on :cry:

and now 'vtec just kicked in yo' means pooping on your keyboard.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=25632.msg482065

dustinhxc

01 Sep 2014, 17:21

Oh Boy.. Youre on DT too? I hope you learn from your horrible mistake and create your own design. Why dont you create your own design? Are you just in it for the money? Dont make any more of the Skulls. Or how you say it, Scull. LOL

HAHAHAHHAHA

Muirium
µ

01 Sep 2014, 17:28

I have literally no idea what any of that means.

So, should we put this into the GH refugee camp or what? That's usually the reason. At least the German and French threads work in Google Translate…

DanielT

01 Sep 2014, 17:35

sth wrote:
DanielT wrote: You were right....

well, there was a geekhack member LEGITBALLIN who posted a thread asking about how to clean feces out of a keyboard that he rage-shat on :cry:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=25632.msg482065
OK, this is more than disturbing..... and more disturbing is that people use this to show their excitement...

pasph

05 Sep 2014, 00:44

DanielT wrote: I saw arguments and drama on GH generated also from using a "proprietary" colorway in key set, for some this hobby became a source of big profit but they pose as saints and community heroes ....
I don't think that the new "heroes" are better than the old ones ("you know who").

cooldiscretion

20 Oct 2014, 19:09

sth wrote: fingerwatches?
That's a good band name

Return to “Off-topic”