Face U/MX-mini U replica, acrylic/alu plate, KEEP ORDERING

Doesntknowwhattosay

03 Oct 2014, 09:57

Hi tinnie. Do you have any information in where my plates and PCB are? I think I paid in July or so and haven't gotten anything yet... Other people on Germany got theirs already.

Xandr

09 Oct 2014, 18:21

Mine arrived today. PCB looks fine, plates were slightly bent over the whole length which could have been caused by shipping, but that's easily fixed.

ripudio

09 Oct 2014, 19:58

Hey Tinnie- Are these actually still for sale? I'm interested in an aluminum plate if you have any left.

quantalume

09 Oct 2014, 22:01

I'll sell you my plate at a discount. It didn't arrive bent like most of the others, but it doesn't support ISO, so it's of no use to me.

Nuum

12 Oct 2014, 23:01

This has been asked by a few people now: Any news regarding the updated ISO-compatible plate, Tinnie?

LechnerDE

14 Oct 2014, 22:08

Hey Tinnie,

I sent you a PM 10 days ago, but no reply yet.

One PCB was missing from my order. Please get back to me how this situation can be solved.

Thanks!

Scenz

21 Oct 2014, 18:30

Hey Tinne,

do still have some plates and pcbs?

MrMen

26 Oct 2014, 22:15

Does anyone has news from Tinnie ?

scottc

26 Oct 2014, 23:01

He promised me a replacement PCB weeks ago but has ignored me since. Pretty poor form, if you ask me. He hasn't been on IRC either, from what I've seen.

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Oct 2014, 00:18

He promised me replacements too. I hope I didn't piss him off - used some pretty strong language here and in private messages, for sending me damaged goods. But even if that is the case, he should handle other replacements.

chzel

27 Oct 2014, 00:23

Doesn't he live in HK? I am not really sure how things are there with all the protests and stuff.

MrMen

27 Oct 2014, 09:17

My question was more about the situation in HK and his situation. I hope we'll have some news soon.

scottc

27 Oct 2014, 09:54

Yeah, that's a good point. I hope all is well too.

Nuum

27 Oct 2014, 10:33

He was online on Geekhack today and made the last post on Geekhack on 23.09.2014, so I think he should be fine.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

27 Oct 2014, 12:27

At this moment there are a lot of problems with shipping from Mainland China to HK, huge delays. This and all the other issues in HK ... :(

iAmAhab

27 Oct 2014, 14:26

Would love a replacement plate, I can live with the missing components on the pcb as I could easily replace them, but I would like a ISO compatible plate as advertised.

beltet

27 Oct 2014, 15:11

I hope he is ok.

Doesntknowwhattosay

27 Oct 2014, 17:28

I still didn't receive my PCBs yet and tinnie hasn't responded in over a month...

quantalume

27 Oct 2014, 19:42

I don't know what to say, Doesntknowwhattosay. :-D Should a mod at least remove the "KEEP ORDERING" from the thread title?

t!ng
Awake Sheep

28 Oct 2014, 16:22

I haven't built mine yet. Question:

Is it possible to program the CapsLock-Key as FN-key?

HzFaq

28 Oct 2014, 16:27

Should be, I can check when I get home but I can't see why it wouldn't.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

28 Oct 2014, 16:44

I would appreciate it.

Another question:

Why is nobody taking pictures of their Face U?

HzFaq

28 Oct 2014, 16:53

Too busy typing on it :D.

Mines back a few pages - here.

DanielT

28 Oct 2014, 18:12

t!ng wrote: I haven't built mine yet. Question:

Is it possible to program the CapsLock-Key as FN-key?
You can :) Check the Workshop area for the faceU thread, you have all the stuff you need there.

HzFaq

28 Oct 2014, 19:42

Confirmed t!ng, no problems with capslock as FN.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

28 Oct 2014, 19:45

Thank you!

Madhias
BS TORPE

02 Nov 2014, 16:32

My Face U is ready and i'm typing on it right now. There were some issues to get it work, but no big trouble at all. As matt3o already said: you get what you paid for! I think for example the Nerd 60 PCB costs almost twice, but the quality is much better. At least i think so, and the look is much more sturdy.

I used the right Shift & FN trick, and cut the aluminum plate because of using ISO with this build. I re-soldered two diodes, to get the "<>|" and "N" key working. In the end it was much fun, i learned a lot, and i'm happy with keyboard! I don't think that 60% is "my" size, but as always i have to wait and use it more. What bothers me right now is to use ISO DE instead of US Intl., which i used for about 3 months now, and i love US Intl. layout.

Here are some pictures of my build (with the "60$ 60% case from Pexon):

beltet

02 Nov 2014, 16:38

Wow it looks awesome. Glad you got it to work.
Just give 60% a little time. It will grow on you ;)

Btw. Did you need to replace the diodes or was it enough with a little solder?

DanielT

02 Nov 2014, 17:16

Oh yes, give 60% some time, it's a worderful format :)
And I love skidata, I would build a 60% with ISO only for skidata :)
This PCB is decent for the price, NerD60 is at another level, the build quality is excellent but that is a premium product. I still have tu build my GON NerD60, I have all the parts, except the 50g springs. I learned a lot building the faceU boards, now I'm ready for Korean custom boards :D

Nuum

08 Nov 2014, 21:37

My flatmate just noticed my FaceU. First he said 'Nice keyboard' and then half a minute later 'Wait, isn't there something missing on this keyboard?' :lol:

And I made a little pixel art for my FaceU:
FaceU Pixel Art.png
FaceU Pixel Art.png (410 Bytes) Viewed 4437 times
FaceU Pixel Art mit Schrift.png
FaceU Pixel Art mit Schrift.png (527 Bytes) Viewed 4437 times

Return to “Group buys”