Save the last Kishsaver

Muirium
µ

25 Oct 2014, 20:23

Make it shiny. Polish!

snoopy

25 Oct 2014, 21:42

Muirium wrote:Make it shiny. Polish!
That was my initial plan. But all that work... And I'm not sure if the metal of the kishsaver is a good basis for that.

But I think I'll try it...

beltet

27 Oct 2014, 08:18

I vote for polish aswell! Would look awesome!

jacobolus

27 Oct 2014, 08:39

Can you detail your process a bit? If I have this straight, you spread some paint remover on (what type?), covered the whole thing in cling wrap, and then heated it up? (Like, with a blow dryer/heat gun, or in the oven, or ...)

snoopy

27 Oct 2014, 15:44

jacobolus wrote: Can you detail your process a bit? If I have this straight, you spread some paint remover on (what type?), covered the whole thing in cling wrap, and then heated it up? (Like, with a blow dryer/heat gun, or in the oven, or ...)
this is it basically. Put the paint remover thick on it (nothing special, normal stuff from the hardware store, it's a thick gel). Then wrap it in cling wrap (that stuff you normally use in kitchen to cover food) and then put it on a warm place. I used the heating in one of my rooms (but becareful, it really starts to smell). You don't need that much heat, maybe normal room temperature is also enough.

In my first try I had it the whole time uncovered in the barn, where it was relatively cold. And even over night nothing happened.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

29 Oct 2014, 18:05

webwit wrote: Reminds me I need to finish painting my door. That crap removed all 6 historic layers of paint at once.
I don't even want to know how layers of paint the doors have in my 115 year old house.

Muirium
µ

29 Oct 2014, 18:07

1899? Ah, it's still a young 'un. Most of this town was finished by then.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

29 Oct 2014, 18:39

Save the last Kishsaver
why does it have to be "the last one"?

I want one too. 8-)

snoopy

29 Oct 2014, 20:04

seebart wrote:
Save the last Kishsaver
why does it have to be "the last one"?

I want one too. 8-)
finally somebody asked it...

... I just called it The Last Kishsaver, cause it was the last one tinnie had (and I may have talked him a bit into selling it to me back then... sorry tinnie...). It was one of the crappy/incomplete ones, that he didn't put up for regularly sale.

so for me, it's the last Kishsaver (or as some call it, tinsaver)

Current progress:
I started sanding the back of the case... Nothing interesting to see, so no new pics. :D
And I will try to find somebody who can remove the dent from the topshell.

snoopy

28 Jan 2015, 15:57

I receive many messages concerning this board. To answer some questions:

I. I still have it
II. Not for sale :P
III. No real progress, cause I'm lazy and the material is not really suitable for polishing
IV. I still need to find somebody who can remove the big dent from the back

:mrgreen:

andrewjoy

28 Jan 2015, 16:34

i can remove the big dent for you , i am quite busy with back orders at the moment so if you send it to me i will get to you within the next 50-60 years

MrDuul

02 Jun 2017, 18:26

Amazing job snoopy!

Engicoder

02 Jun 2017, 18:41

And MrDuul adds necro-maniac to his CV.

MrDuul

02 Jun 2017, 18:45

Engicoder wrote: And MrDuul adds necro-maniac to his CV.
Dude you are becoming my stalker :shock:

I don't blame you tho :oops: ;)

Return to “Gallery”