Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Oct 2014, 01:28

Still April/May!

7blt

30 Oct 2014, 01:59

I am truely saddened to find 7bit in a bad place and -most importantly- without internet. I wish him a prompt recovery.

And as a token of friendship I won't make a fuss of him impersonating me.

:twisted:

Halvar

30 Oct 2014, 08:20

Tr1ckzz wrote: I was told to get things around april-may, kinda worrying as I put quite a bit of money into it...
Anyhow, if its not due the next month or so, is it possible to be refunded?
As you have read, 7bit is afk at the moment, so I'll tell you my unofficial view in the meantime.

To make it short, the April-May 2014 goal turned out to be unreachable when SP said they still needed to make some new tools in order to start production. That was a very long time ago, I think in February.

Then the slippery slope started, more kits in all kinds of colors were added in the hope to get a bigger volume and smaller prices. The GB became bigger, and in the end, the order and money reached SP I think in June 2014. And now SP seem to have had problems with production and it also seems that they didn't commit to any deadline for production, so they saw fit to bring forward some other less complicated orders, e.g. group buys from their own web site or from Massdrop, before finishing our order. At the moment, it seems like production is still going on, with schedudes postponed several times by SP.

So we're all impatient at the moment for good reasons, but the order has been sent to SP in June, so I don't see how anything could be refunded at the moment. 7bit will determine the next steps when he's back.

He has done several large GBs with SP in the past, and some of them have taken a long time, but in the end, they were always successful, so I'm not worried, just impatient with SP at the moment.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

30 Oct 2014, 09:05

7bit rarely posts firm dates, so I won't either, but he asked me to contact SP as well and I can tell you that we are pretty close to completion.

pasph

30 Oct 2014, 12:39

Get well soon!

elecplus

30 Oct 2014, 15:43

GWS 7bit! I can tell you from personal experience that hospitals are a terrible place to be, especially if you are conscious and have no internet!

mashby

30 Oct 2014, 16:14

Sorry for the delays in getting payments updated. Work had me buried for a couple of weeks and I'm just now popping to the surface. Everything is now up-to-date and payment information has been submitted to 7bit.

The following payments have been received for this group buy: null, Snowie0wl, unoab, vluft, swill, facetsesame, taylordcraig.

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your switches to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
Either ask in this thread, or PM 7bit.
Last edited by mashby on 03 Nov 2014, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

mSSM

31 Oct 2014, 12:09

mashby wrote: Sorry for the delays in getting payments updated. Work had me buried for a couple of weeks and I'm just now popping to the surface. Everything is now up-to-date and payment information has been submitted to 7bit.

The following payments have been received for this group buy: null, Snowie0wl, unoab, vluft, swill, facet sesame, taylordcraig.

Has It Shipped?
If your payment came via PayPal, your invoice has been marked as shipped to keep them from locking up the PayPal account. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s).

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your switches to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?
My payment was not received yet? :( Wired the transfer one week ago (Oct 24); this is the reference I was asked in the invoice to put on the transfer:
R5 0491 mSSM
However, it seems like my bank randomly adds extra stuff at the end; this is what they tell me is written on the invoice:
R5 0491 MSSM DATUM
24.10.2014, 17.02 UHR1.TAN
Might that be the problem?

mashby

31 Oct 2014, 12:14

I only handle Google Wallet and PayPal transactions. 7bit handles the bank transfers, so he'll have to respond on those.

He's AFK at the moment, but I'm sure he'll update you once he gets back.

mSSM

31 Oct 2014, 12:17

mashby wrote: I only handle Google Wallet and PayPal transactions. 7bit handles the bank transfers, so he'll have to respond on those.

Oh, I am sorry about that. In that case I am sure all is fine. :)

mashby

31 Oct 2014, 12:26

mSSM wrote: Oh, I am sorry about that. In that case I am sure all is fine. :)
No worries. I'd be asking the same question if I were in your shoes and didn't know. Cheers!

waffl

31 Oct 2014, 15:39

Thanks for the info Halvar, after R4 I realized I should just send off the money and just try to forget about the subject entirely until the keys just mysteriously arrive in the mail.

Is there any possibility of having a simple one-liner status in the first post of thread, or title, that explains really the state of the GB? I find I have to always wade through a good portion of the thread to understand what is happening, something as simple as:

[In Production]
[Sorting XX%]
[Shipping XX%]
etc...

because 25% Autumn Sale doesn't really make much sense if the keys have been received and leftovers are for sale or what not?
Halvar wrote:
Tr1ckzz wrote: I was told to get things around april-may, kinda worrying as I put quite a bit of money into it...
Anyhow, if its not due the next month or so, is it possible to be refunded?
As you have read, 7bit is afk at the moment, so I'll tell you my unofficial view in the meantime.

To make it short, the April-May 2014 goal turned out to be unreachable when SP said they still needed to make some new tools in order to start production. That was a very long time ago, I think in February.

Then the slippery slope started, more kits in all kinds of colors were added in the hope to get a bigger volume and smaller prices. The GB became bigger, and in the end, the order and money reached SP I think in June 2014. And now SP seem to have had problems with production and it also seems that they didn't commit to any deadline for production, so they saw fit to bring forward some other less complicated orders, e.g. group buys from their own web site or from Massdrop, before finishing our order. At the moment, it seems like production is still going on, with schedudes postponed several times by SP.

So we're all impatient at the moment for good reasons, but the order has been sent to SP in June, so I don't see how anything could be refunded at the moment. 7bit will determine the next steps when he's back.

He has done several large GBs with SP in the past, and some of them have taken a long time, but in the end, they were always successful, so I'm not worried, just impatient with SP at the moment.

teuf

31 Oct 2014, 17:07

mSSM wrote:
mashby wrote: I only handle Google Wallet and PayPal transactions. 7bit handles the bank transfers, so he'll have to respond on those.

Oh, I am sorry about that. In that case I am sure all is fine. :)
I had the same question recently, and then I asked for a new invoice after doing the bank transfer, and the new invoice was taking into account the transfer (ie balance was 0€). I don't know if the updating of the invoice with that money is all automatic, or if it requires explicit action from 7bit.

Data

31 Oct 2014, 20:08

I'm planning to add a few more keys to my HONEYB order. Should I wait until 7bit is back to submit, or go ahead and do it now? I don't want the new invoice to expire. Hell, I don't even know if the bot is online. :?

Nuum

31 Oct 2014, 20:48

The bot should be online, so just go ahead and order some keycaps. I have made a SEPA transfer three weeks ago, but I didn't get an invoice saying it has been received. I don't worry about that. I don't think that your invoice would expire, especially not when you pay via PayPal since that is handled by mashby.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

31 Oct 2014, 22:29

mashby wrote: Sorry for the delays in getting payments updated. Work had me buried for a couple of weeks and I'm just now popping to the surface. Everything is now up-to-date and payment information has been submitted to 7bit.
Thanks for the update, mashby!
waffl wrote: Thanks for the info Halvar, after R4 I realized I should just send off the money and just try to forget about the subject entirely until the keys just mysteriously arrive in the mail.

Is there any possibility of having a simple one-liner status in the first post of thread, or title, that explains really the state of the GB? I find I have to always wade through a good portion of the thread to understand what is happening, something as simple as:

[In Production]
[Sorting XX%]
[Shipping XX%]
etc...
A subject line update would be helpful (what's happening with that Autumn Sale?), but I'm not sure it's possible or meaningful until 7bit gets back. I'm sure we'll see sorting and shipping updates when they happen.
waffl wrote:because 25% Autumn Sale doesn't really make much sense if the keys have been received and leftovers are for sale or what not?
From everything I've read here and my own contact with SP (not recently though), I strongly suspect no keys have shipped from SP yet, with production of the Round 5 keys very near completion. The leftovers exist only theoretically so far, they're reallocations of ordered keys to optimise production cost (think MOQs).

The HONEYB kits under Round 5a however are a new and separate buy which is still collecting initial orders, with no order sent to SP yet.

So, for what it's worth, as I understand it:
The original Round 5 kits are [In Production]; its expected leftovers plus the new HONEYB/R5a kits are [Taking Orders].
Data wrote: I'm planning to add a few more keys to my HONEYB order. Should I wait until 7bit is back to submit, or go ahead and do it now? I don't want the new invoice to expire. Hell, I don't even know if the bot is online. :?
I had a order message from the bot on Tuesday. I've just asked it for another update following payment confirmation, it may be a bit early yet, but I'll see what happens..

Muirium
µ

31 Oct 2014, 22:45

I believe Facet is quite right in every respect. I do actually have mod power to rename the topic and even edit the OP if necessary. From my understanding, the 25% discount ended quite a while ago. (I used it on the last day.) The bot is, as always, entirely in charge of calculation. Anyone who paid recently seen whether a discount is still in effect?

ccc24

01 Nov 2014, 00:18

Ya my invoice has the 25% discount..i'm waiting to hear some official news about it though before I pay it.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

01 Nov 2014, 15:10

My invoice showed up this morning. The PP payment's not there yet, but the 25% rebate "until 7th October 2014" is.
I sent payment as instructed, hopefully it's ok ;)

Muirium
µ

01 Nov 2014, 15:14

Imagine being 7bit just now. Stuck away from the Internet, knowing that you need to turn off that damn discount before you're ruined!

Get well soon, 7bit. Fingers crossed it wasn't a hand injury or anything else that will slow down The Epic Sort.

bchociej

01 Nov 2014, 18:14

Sorry to hear that you're laid up, 7bit. Hope you get out of there soon!

Can anyone summarize the status of the original R5 orders? The volume on this board is dizzying and I fear I may have missed something.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Nov 2014, 19:05

production is almost done. It is said a "couple of weeks", but that also depends on 7bit recovery speed.

02 Nov 2014, 00:51

matt3o wrote: production is almost done. It is said a "couple of weeks", but that also depends on 7bit recovery speed.
Hope he gets better soon.

I'm excited but I don't even have a Round 5 order (5a :( )

prava

02 Nov 2014, 17:56

Anybody knows if the 4 or 4.5x spacebar available in Round 5 (leftovers or additional stuff) would fit on a Pure Pro? I have yet to see an image of the stems...

God, why is it so hard to find a 60% ISO keyboard with standard keycap dimension?!?!?!?!

Yslen

02 Nov 2014, 19:00

prava wrote:Anybody knows if the 4 or 4.5x spacebar available in Round 5 (leftovers or additional stuff) would fit on a Pure Pro? I have yet to see an image of the stems...

God, why is it so hard to find a 60% ISO keyboard with standard keycap dimension?!?!?!?!
Shouldn't be too hard to find one, ISO poker 2 or v60 mini?

Muirium
µ

02 Nov 2014, 22:00

Here's my SA profile 4u spacebar from Round 4 SPH (which will be the same as Round 5):

60% keyboards tend to have sensible spacebars. The troublesome ones are typically the tricky buggers who squeeze in arrow keys and other nonsense. Or my own designs!

beltet

02 Nov 2014, 22:42

Yslen wrote:
prava wrote:Anybody knows if the 4 or 4.5x spacebar available in Round 5 (leftovers or additional stuff) would fit on a Pure Pro? I have yet to see an image of the stems...

And the old ducky mini.

prava

03 Nov 2014, 03:08

Yslen wrote:

Both are plate mounted and I prefer pcb mounted :(

mashby

03 Nov 2014, 18:57

The following payments have been received for this group buy: Supergeek, cdodd.

Has It Shipped?

Additionally, note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your order to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Questions?

null

03 Nov 2014, 19:39

facetsesame wrote: My invoice showed up this morning. The PP payment's not there yet, but the 25% rebate "until 7th October 2014" is.
I sent payment as instructed, hopefully it's ok ;)
My invoice showed the discount, too, about a week ago. I paid the amount it asked (i.e. with the discount applied). Given that it was after 7 October, I halfway expect to be asked for more money at some point in the future. If that happens, I'll just pay the difference and keep waiting.

Return to “Group buys”