webwit
Wild Duck

31 Oct 2014, 03:03

From the EK newsletter:
Greetings EK Subscribers,

NEW Clack Factory Keycaps for Fall 2014
==========
*** All drawings are open until 2014/11/02 23:59:59 PST ***

PURCHASE IS REQUIRED! Restrictions apply. PLEASE read the drawing rules before registering. Good luck!
https://www.elitekeyboards.com/products ... ackfactory

ماء

31 Oct 2014, 06:04

Bluttrabe interisting 8-)

Muirium
µ

31 Oct 2014, 12:28

I got the newsletter too. Neither there, nor on EK's link, do they actually tell you what the drawing rules are. How many are available?

Nice HHKB pricing at the moment. But as always, no money…

ماء

31 Oct 2014, 12:36

Muirium wrote: Nice HHKB pricing at the moment. But as always, no money…
:lol: you want to buy hhkb again :P

Muirium
µ

31 Oct 2014, 12:59

They're twice what I can really afford! And all these IBMs keep showing up…

Madhias
BS TORPE

31 Oct 2014, 13:00

Participated as soon as i heard of the sale :)
Muirium wrote: I got the newsletter too. Neither there, nor on EK's link, do they actually tell you what the drawing rules are. How many are available?
According to the FAQ the quantity is a secret!
Q: How many keycaps do you have?
A: It's a secret.

Topre Enthusiast

31 Oct 2014, 13:27

I think that is the usual text he had for the last few raffles too.
I got a Gummyrot last time. The raven cap is pretty cool. I would like to get that one or the other dark purple 'night owl' :)

webwit
Wild Duck

31 Oct 2014, 14:05

Still no ducks.

Muirium
µ

31 Oct 2014, 14:22

You have an exclusive on those, right?

Madhias
BS TORPE

31 Oct 2014, 20:55

webwit wrote: Still no ducks.
But you posted some ducks a while ago...
Spoiler:

Muirium
µ

31 Oct 2014, 21:09

Exactly! I think he's got an exclusive arrangement.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Nov 2014, 01:45

The secret is to bypass clickclack and go directly to the clack factory gnomes. Clickclack, he just steals all the credits.

Madhias
BS TORPE

06 Nov 2014, 10:15

Code: Select all

Congratulations, you've won the drawing for...

Clack Factory Night Owl MKII Skull Keycap (Cherry MX)  !!

Khers

06 Nov 2014, 10:47

madhias wrote:

Congratulations, you've won the drawing for...

Clack Factory Night Owl MKII Skull Keycap (Cherry MX)  !!
Nice madhias! I was not that lucky :(. Maybe next time. Or I decide to boycott this whole clack-business from now on :evilgeek: :twisted: :D

photekq
Cherry Picker

06 Nov 2014, 11:51

Khers wrote: Or I decide to boycott this whole clack-business from now on :evilgeek: :twisted: :D
You will only be hurting yourself and benefitting others :evilgeek:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

06 Nov 2014, 12:14

Yep nothing here too :( Crap, while others hoard the damn things I'm not able to get one bloody cap, just one, don't want more :( And the CC sales are so hard to get in, always at US times hell knows when ... crap. I should just give up... Almost an year and no luck

cookie

06 Nov 2014, 12:31

I actually have no idea why people spend 45$ on a single cap, this is ridiculous!

Muirium
µ

06 Nov 2014, 12:44

I know. The oversubscription for these suggests the market price should be at least $100!

DanielT

06 Nov 2014, 13:03

cookie wrote: I actually have no idea why people spend 45$ on a single cap, this is ridiculous!
Actually you are right, but I want to know first hand why :lol: I had some other artisan caps, they were nice, but didn't fit on any of my boards, sold all of them like in 5 min , the record was 20s for a Red MX Hellboy cap :ugeek:
I'm curios about the CC's, how are made, the quality, if I would get one for free it would be perfect :P

But it is ridiculous, same people who pay for one cap 45-100$ complain about a GMK set that is too expensive...

Muirium
µ

06 Nov 2014, 13:09

Exactly!

I have just one CC, myself, and I got it for free last year. It's a striking little piece of work. Doesn't fit everything (NovaTouch Esc…) but you've seen it at home on my custom 60%.

Khers

06 Nov 2014, 13:24

I totally agree that it's complete bollocks to pay $45 for a single cap. But just like DanielT I want to experience the overpriced piece of plastic on my own! :D

DanielT

06 Nov 2014, 13:26

That is not just any CC its a Wingnut :) All the artisan caps I've had just didn't fit on my little boards, had also Topre ones, after 30s on my HHKB it felt so wrong I had to take it out. And just keeping them in a box seemed wrong. Maybe one day I will find one that will fit, or get one who knows ...

Madhias
BS TORPE

06 Nov 2014, 21:25

The Wingnut is a gorgeous design, it fits just perfect as an award!

For me the interesting aspects of Clacks are the rarity, the creativity of its creator, the weird add-on-cap for your already not normal hobby and that it is not just a commercial product you can buy in the next shop. It's all about magic! Therefor it creates enormous interest, and the demand is very high. As of the rarity i totally understand that it creates much higher aftermarket prices. It is the same with all other collective stuff: comics, card games, books, antique furniture, etc.
DanielT wrote: Yep nothing here too :( Crap, while others hoard the damn things I'm not able to get one bloody cap, just one, don't want more :( And the CC sales are so hard to get in, always at US times hell knows when ... crap. I should just give up... Almost an year and no luck
I read from some other people that they are unlucky since like 15 sales. Maybe you're lucky in love and not in gaming :)
DanielT wrote: the record was 20s for a Red MX Hellboy cap :ugeek:
The red Hellboy from Hammer should have been a rock solid red, not translucent. Then it would be perfect.

DanielT

07 Nov 2014, 10:27

madhias wrote: I read from some other people that they are unlucky since like 15 sales. Maybe you're lucky in love and not in gaming :)
I don't complain, I'm a lucky man :D These are only pieces of plastic nothing else

cookie

07 Nov 2014, 11:02

If I had clacks, I'd sell them all to buy custom pcb, pbt caps or a whole new topre keyboard!

Madhias
BS TORPE

07 Nov 2014, 11:39

People or at least one gentle person did or want to do that, which you can follow over r/mk:

[-]Super_Six
Already sold for $350..
Effectively getting a HHKB Type S for $50 and some change.. I don't need a piece of plastic that looks like a bird.

[-]Fishinatoaster
How many did you win?

[-]Super_Six
Let's just say EK isn't very good about their anti-cheat system.

Muirium
µ

07 Nov 2014, 11:41

Oh EK, how I dislike you guys… (and I'm not even hunting Clacks.)

cookie

07 Nov 2014, 11:56

Ohh my god... 350$ for a clack

Muirium
µ

07 Nov 2014, 11:59

I know, what a newb selling it for as little as that. Everyone knows only dopes let them go for three-figures.

DanielT

07 Nov 2014, 12:00

I think this artisan cap thing started as something nice and became something overpriced and on GH it spoiled the whole Classifieds area. It's just a bazaar for trading overpriced pieces of plastic, hard to find something really keyboard related... at 40$ ok, I might swallow it and buy a cap, for the novelty factor, but to pay $200+ for a piece of plastic or resin it's just insane, with that money I can build a whole board and have fun doing that.
And I don't get the system, either you have obscure raffles where you see the same people winning and a few extra get lucky, or you have the other system where you send an e-mail to some address that is published God knows when and where (I looked at the CC subforum, all are old topics, but new sales take place .... ) and again same people win with some small exceptions.
I will keep trying to get one just to see what all this madness is all about(both CC and Bro's). I admit I never select all items in raffles, only what I like, don't want to win and pay for something I don't like.

Return to “News”