Post your desktop.

42.tar.gz

30 Oct 2014, 14:14

andrewjoy wrote:is that a HP LP2475?
Yep, still running well after five and a half years and more than 15000 hours of usage :)

andrewjoy

30 Oct 2014, 14:24

mine is still going strong too, i use it as a second display now, it takes about 30 seconds for one of the blacklights to get going on mine but other than that its 100% as good as the day i got it

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

30 Oct 2014, 15:09

Yep, still running well after five and a half years and more than 15000 hours of usage
I´d say my HP ZR24w is THE best display I have ever owned.

Without looking at your profile I can see you´re in Germany from your picture 42.tar.gz! :D

Halvar

30 Oct 2014, 16:05

Yay, empty Club-Mate!

janvkn

31 Oct 2014, 14:37

madhias wrote: Right now! All are asleep, glorious and comfy but now rather rarely computer nights.

What monitor is that? It looks gorgeous.

Madhias
BS TORPE

31 Oct 2014, 20:07

It's a Fujitsu P27T-6. I bought it about 3 years ago. There are now some newer models out there, some i think with LED backlighting and the new models are much thinner.
Spoiler:

janvkn

02 Nov 2014, 15:37

madhias wrote: It's a Fujitsu P27T-6. I bought it about 3 years ago. There are now some newer models out there, some i think with LED backlighting and the new models are much thinner.
Spoiler:

Thanks. The new ones don't have quite the same "robust" look though.

Madhias
BS TORPE

02 Nov 2014, 15:43

That's true, the overall look is different. I remember i wanted to buy a screen that has an IPS panel, and is not too expensive. What is nice is especially the white color of the frame, it feels and looks much lighter on the desktop!

Moufinure

02 Nov 2014, 15:50

Khers wrote: Forgot to get the camera out of my bag after the weekend. After carrying it to work I thought I could just as well grab a photo of my office desk and make it worthwhile.

Wow, cool keycaps... where did you get those? Makes me almost drool ;)

Khers

02 Nov 2014, 21:34

Moufinure wrote:
Khers wrote: Forgot to get the camera out of my bag after the weekend. After carrying it to work I thought I could just as well grab a photo of my office desk and make it worthwhile.
Spoiler:
Thanks! It's a thick PBT set from Ducky with engraved nordic legends. Got them from Inet here in Sweden, but you can also get them from Teraset.

Don't know if they come in AZERTY (nor if that's what you fancy) but you could always get a blank kit :)

Moufinure

08 Nov 2014, 17:45

Khers wrote:
Moufinure wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks! It's a thick PBT set from Ducky with engraved nordic legends. Got them from Inet here in Sweden, but you can also get them from Teraset.

Don't know if they come in AZERTY (nor if that's what you fancy) but you could always get a blank kit :)
Yes, I saw the website. Am actually considering buying a keyboard from them.

Moufinure

08 Nov 2014, 18:02

Here I go, here's my desk.
Sorry for the potato pic.
Attachments
desk.jpg
desk.jpg (92.71 KiB) Viewed 9544 times

moley

19 Nov 2014, 03:10

here's mine

Muirium
µ

19 Nov 2014, 03:17

I like the MIDI keyboard. Although, unlike computer keyboards, those can always be BIGGER!

If that's a 5K iMac, colour me jealous.

moley

19 Nov 2014, 03:32

:D

Nah, not 5K. That's an old fashioned, steam powered iMac from years ago...

Muirium
µ

19 Nov 2014, 04:30

If yours is steam powered, mine is neolithic…

http://deskthority.net/post132333.html#p132333

moley

19 Nov 2014, 11:01

Muirium wrote: If yours is steam powered, mine is neolithic…
Still strikingly beautiful

woody
Count Troller

19 Nov 2014, 16:16

OT, but what are the Genelec stands?

moley

20 Nov 2014, 01:52

They're Genelec's own table top stands for 8020 monitors.

Search for 8020-320B and you'll find them. Prices tend to be for single units...

woody
Count Troller

20 Nov 2014, 18:06

Thanks.

gogusrl

22 Nov 2014, 18:02

If you clean up your desk before taking the pic it's cheating.

potato incoming

ne0phyte
Toast.

22 Nov 2014, 18:12

It's been a while since I posted a picture of my setup here :D
I moved out and this is my huge desk in my first own apartment (it's actually two IKEA dining tables).

beltet

23 Nov 2014, 04:08

One of my worst moment. I cant get anything done with it like this...

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Nov 2014, 04:50

ne0phyte wrote: It's been a while since I posted a picture of my setup here :D
I moved out and this is my huge desk in my first own apartment (it's actually two IKEA dining tables).
Nice! Wasn't your setup before very similar (without the dining tables), room under the roof, green wall too? I saw it also on, the old one /g/ :)

gogusrl

23 Nov 2014, 07:40

Since you guys were talking about monitors earlier, I hope all of you know by now about the Korean 27" 2560x1440 @ 120Hz IPS monitors for ~300$.

If not, go read about it here : http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/offi ... nitor-club

Muirium
µ

23 Nov 2014, 10:37

I only have eyes for retina, which means 24" 4k IPS, which means expensive:

http://www.quietpc.com/nec-ea244uhd

Damnit, phones area ahead of desktop displays these days. Phones!

gogusrl

23 Nov 2014, 10:42

That's actually cheaper thank I thought for those specs but it's still a shitload of money.

Did I mention those koreans all have LG or Samsung panels ?

Khers

23 Nov 2014, 12:02

Muirium wrote: I only have eyes for retina, which means 24" 4k IPS, which means expensive
Retina; a curse for thy wallet, a blessing for your eyes :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Nov 2014, 12:07

Because of Retina and 4K or more you also have to re-think camera and picture resolutions, and therefor bandwidth, storage and more! Mostly the web looks ugly only high Dpi screens which are bigger than a regular smartphone. With applications it gets better with time, but it's a long road since everything will look sharp again.
gogusrl wrote: Since you guys were talking about monitors earlier, I hope all of you know by now about the Korean 27" 2560x1440 @ 120Hz IPS monitors for ~300$.

If not, go read about it here : http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/offi ... nitor-club
I'll have a look, sounds interesting, thanks!

ne0phyte
Toast.

23 Nov 2014, 14:05

madhias wrote:
ne0phyte wrote: It's been a while since I posted a picture of my setup here :D
Nice! Wasn't your setup before very similar (without the dining tables), room under the roof, green wall too? I saw it also on, the old one /g/ :)
Yeah my old setup was very similar. I got a slightly brighter green on the wall this time and much more space (1.65m before, 2.38m now) :mrgreen:

Return to “Gallery”