Kensington Expert Mouse on the way

andrewjoy

19 Aug 2014, 13:18

I have a slimblade on the way as i also wanted to try one, got it at a decent price as they are quite expensive in the UK. If i don't like it i will pass it on to someone in the UK for the same price.

Hypersphere

19 Aug 2014, 19:22

andrewjoy wrote: I have a slimblade on the way as i also wanted to try one, got it at a decent price as they are quite expensive in the UK. If i don't like it i will pass it on to someone in the UK for the same price.
When I first glanced at this, I had thought you said, "slingblade".
billy-bob-thornton-sling-blade.jpg
billy-bob-thornton-sling-blade.jpg (18.79 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
"Some folks call it a sling blade".

Glad I was mistaken. ;)

andrewjoy

20 Aug 2014, 13:00

It arrived today been using it for about 3 hours, i like it so far, i am geeing more used to it but highlighting text is a bit of a pain i am sure it will get better over time as i learn to be more accurate

ArchieTect

16 Nov 2014, 07:41

I used the expert mouse a good four hours daily for the past three months or so. Last week i replaced it with the slim blade. I think the jewel bearings in the expert mouse worked a bit better. The ball scrolling with the slim blade is definitely worth it.

i have my setup to save my mousing wrist. the slim blade goes on the left hand and i use Windows MouseKeys with my right hand. so i roll the ball with one hand but use num 5 to click, num 0 to drag, num + to double click, etc. If you have to click a thousand times a day, might as well be with cherry blacks.

if you download 1.2 trackballworks and x mouse button, you will find you can automate a lot of excess presses.

urbancamo

21 Nov 2014, 16:37

I have used an expert mouse for the past 5 years. I consider it an exceptional trackball and after this time finger memory means I'll never want for re-learning it.

I've recently discovered Contour Rollermouse however which fit my needs when using wider keyboards (VMS layout mostly). I've just bought a RollerMouse Re:d which is a lovely piece of kit. Unfortunately it doesn't work with my employers set-up, Oracle/Sun SunRays, but it works great with my Linux home kit. It's slightly shorter than the RollerMouse Classic2 that I have been using. The extra features are nice - it'll look good with a black tenkeyless I recon. Just got to be a little more patient with those Round 5 keycaps :D

genkan

01 Dec 2014, 14:56

Using the very some one at work and I like it a lot. It seems to get dirty fairly quick and if you dont clean the "balls" the bigger ball is resting on you get more and more resistence, then when you clean it and it just never stop spinning.

First trackball and Im sold, will use it at work until it breaks

Return to “Mice & other input devices”