sold

codek

17 Dec 2014, 05:48

sold
Last edited by codek on 18 Dec 2014, 19:32, edited 4 times in total.

Topre Enthusiast

17 Dec 2014, 06:10

Nice but do you know whether or not it has dyesub caps?

jacobolus

17 Dec 2014, 06:32

I don’t think you can tell without opening it up, can you?

Topre Enthusiast

17 Dec 2014, 06:52

That's what I thought too...so can you tell if they are even Monterey/SMK switches without opening? Seems like a pretty expensive gamble :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Dec 2014, 08:11

I must say I rather dislike someone's first DT post (and indeed registration) being for the sole purpose of selling something.
And I dislike it even more considering the photos are named "geekhack front" and "geekhack back".

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Dec 2014, 09:23

kbdfr wrote: And I dislike it even more considering the photos are named "geekhack front" and "geekhack back".
The Punisher has decided:

codek's punishment is to illustrate the [wiki]SIIG MiniTouch[/wiki] wiki page, which is totally devoid of photos after I realised that all the photos we had were of the plain K110. codek not only has an authentic MiniTouch, but the original box too, making him or her the ideal person to document the MiniTouch with photos.

Topre Enthusiast

17 Dec 2014, 09:42

Ha! Actually that would totally redeem him. Even long-standing members steer clear of updating the wiki.
Somehow I doubt a guy with 1 post trying to make himself some coin is interested in documentation for no personal gain.

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Dec 2014, 09:51

Then:

Muirium
µ

17 Dec 2014, 09:59

I bet he would. For about $285.

Besides, it's SIB man. ***S**I**B*** The seal is the magic. Can't break it!

Topre Enthusiast

17 Dec 2014, 10:03

That's the whole problem with this sale.
I'd argue that the SIIG MiniTouch is actually worth *less* sealed because there's a chance it might have dingy lasered legends and the Alps clones switch, which themselves aren't *too* bad, but they're certainly no Montereys. Unless I'm missing something and you can actually tell somehow what it's going to be.

CeeSA

17 Dec 2014, 14:03

And another lousy journeyman unmasks himself. :D

fohat
Elder Messenger

17 Dec 2014, 14:18

double post, sorry
Last edited by fohat on 17 Dec 2014, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

fohat
Elder Messenger

17 Dec 2014, 14:19

fohat wrote: A couple of years ago a woman in Florida posted something like a dozen or more of these on ebay for a very cheap price - like $25 or something.

I only had the money for one and then posted the listing on geekhack. Within half an hour somebody had bought all the rest.

This may well be part of that lot.

PS - I sat on mine for a while, then sold it without opening it, so I can't answer about the caps.

Hypersphere

17 Dec 2014, 14:55

I got one this year with dye-sub PBT keycaps for 71 USD shipped. The Ortek version and the Suntouch Jr. are also quite nice, and they can sometimes be found in excellent condition for under 50 USD.

scottc

17 Dec 2014, 15:09

I got a NIB K110 without the PBT caps for about 30 euro shipped. Not too shabby, if you ask me.

cookie

17 Dec 2014, 15:15

kbdfr wrote: I must say I rather dislike someone's first DT post (and indeed registration) being for the sole purpose of selling something.
And I dislike it even more considering the photos are named "geekhack front" and "geekhack back".
If the first post ist just for the purpose of selling something, that is indeed not trustworthy, I am with you on that point.
I sell stuff on GH too and my pictures are named DT_xxx.png, I think it is totally fine to sell stuff on both sites :)

Muirium
µ

17 Dec 2014, 15:16

scottc wrote: I got a NIB K110 without the PBT caps for about 30 euro shipped. Not too shabby, if you ask me.
Ditto. PBT caps are a plus, but where there's a will there's a way…

They're a sterling wee Monterey board, right down to the switches. But I'm not sure who'd care that much for a mystery Siig.

Hypersphere

17 Dec 2014, 15:18

kbdfr wrote: I must say I rather dislike someone's first DT post (and indeed registration) being for the sole purpose of selling something.
Indeed. Doesn't DT require some minimum number of posts before using the forum for member to member sales? And isn't it illegal to specify "gift" on PayPal when the transaction is clearly for goods or services? Just wondering....

bhtooefr

17 Dec 2014, 15:23

Not sure if it's illegal (maybe it'd count as fraud?), but it's a violation of PayPal's terms of service (therefore allowing PayPal to use the clauses in the ToS to lock out accounts), and also voids any of PayPal's buyer protection.

And, it's generally a really bad idea for the seller to receive gifts anyway, because enough gifts in a given time period, and PayPal simply assumes that they're soliciting gifts. To the point that I usually see sellers saying that they won't accept payments sent as gift...
Last edited by bhtooefr on 17 Dec 2014, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

CeeSA

17 Dec 2014, 15:24

1 no
We have no rules in the marketplace. So it is much easier to know the perception/mindset of the people.
2 I don't know

kbdfr
The Tiproman

17 Dec 2014, 15:26

cookie wrote:
kbdfr wrote: […] And I dislike it even more considering the photos are named "geekhack front" and "geekhack back".
[…] I sell stuff on GH too and my pictures are named DT_xxx.png, I think it is totally fine to sell stuff on both sites :)
Nothing against offering stuff on both sites, of course, but in that case I would use neutral or even different names for the pics.
Well, I seem to belong to another generation :lol:

Muirium
µ

17 Dec 2014, 15:36

Maybe he does too. Who renames files these days!?

My biggest peeve about cross-sales is when they paste in all the [tags] they used to make everything nice and ugly elsewhere, that we purposefully don't support. DT's one of the Retina friendliest sites anywhere, with all its fullsize inline images. Thumbnails are a curse!

codek

18 Dec 2014, 01:34

002 wrote: Nice but do you know whether or not it has dyesub caps?
How can you tell? I bought a couple from the same seller awhile back. I opened one and so I can take a look for you. I'll take pics also but my photography skills are non existent.
Last edited by codek on 18 Dec 2014, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.

codek

18 Dec 2014, 01:39

Please forgive the faux pas. I just found out about this site and have the updated the pics names.

codek

18 Dec 2014, 01:42

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:
kbdfr wrote: And I dislike it even more considering the photos are named "geekhack front" and "geekhack back".
The Punisher has decided:

codek's punishment is to illustrate the [wiki]SIIG MiniTouch[/wiki] wiki page, which is totally devoid of photos after I realised that all the photos we had were of the plain K110. codek not only has an authentic MiniTouch, but the original box too, making him or her the ideal person to document the MiniTouch with photos.
No worries. I definitely can do that. I do have one from the same batch that is opened already.

I do have really poor camera skills and only a decent camera. So if anyone could point to a website with photo taking tips, it would be greatly appreciated. Then I can fulfill this request. I don't mind sharing info about this keyboard as there is not much on the internet about this keyboard

fohat
Elder Messenger

18 Dec 2014, 04:46

bhtooefr wrote:
And, it's generally a really bad idea for the seller to receive gifts anyway, because enough gifts in a given time period, and PayPal simply assumes that they're soliciting gifts.
Of course, a bad seller wants payment as "gift" because it leaves the buyer without recourse.

Return to “Marketplace Help”